Where To Stay?

Can I Stay At Your Place?

"Holy !! Kyu-ah, how can you live in such a mess?!!"
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, really, his hyung liked to overreact. "It's not that bad."
Ryeowook turned his head and stared at the younger. "No Kyu-ah, its worse. Your home is a disaster. It can't be healthy to live in such a mess. And I haven't even seen the rest of the apartment." He said as he took his shoes off and placed them neatly by the door. He then collected Kyuhyun's shoes and put them in a neat row.


Kyuhyun watched as his hyung immediately threw himself into tidying his apartment, collecting dirty clothes in a plastic bag and put all things where it was supposed to be. Really, the older was such a clean freak that it was almost creepy.
But it was also very nice of him to clean the apartment for him, since he knew it was needed. He just couldn't bring himself to do it. When he tried it was always so half hearted and he always got distracted before he had even started.


He followed his hyung around, helping with some things. When the bag with dirty clothes was full he left and went to the laundry room and washed them, leaving the apartment in Ryeowook's care.
When he was done he returned and ordered some take-out food to the apartment and then the two males ate together at the now clean kitchen table.


Ryeowook watched as the younger dug into the box with fried chicken wings. "Do you want to go out tonight Kyu-ah?" He asked. "Me and a few friends are going to the bar at the harbor.
Kyuhyun lowered his chopsticks and looked at his older friend. "Don't get me wrong hyung, but I'm not comfortable hanging with those friends of yours. They are nice and all, but I can't relax around them.




The older sighed heavily. "You really need to learn to get friends. You can't relax because you don't know them, and for that you have to become friends with them."
"Hyung, you already know that its hard for me." Kyuhyun mumbled and looked at his chicken wings. It wasn't like he had never tried. He had, but he had always been the same, even when he was a kid. He prefered to play by himself, then later he kept to computer games. Now he only had two real friends, one he didn't even know the real name of.


"I know. But I don't like the thought of you sitting here all by yourself. You should get a girlfriend." Kyuhyun snorted at his hyung's words and looked up at the older. "Really? If I have trouble with getting friends, how am I then supposed to get a girlfriend?"
Ryeowook pouted slightly. "Stop being so negative. By the way, Yoona likes you. Maybe you should give it a shot? You have met her loads of times, and she often asks about you."


Kyuhyun sighed softly. Yoona was one of Ryeowook's friends, and apparently an old classmate. She was very nice and kind, as well as carefree and humourous. And she was pretty. At least that was what everyone told him. He had never really thought about it, unlike the other guys who obviously always noticed.
Kyuhyun just assumed that he was looking for something different in a girl, and therefore wasn't interested in Yoona.


"I don't think so hyung." He finally said and Ryeowook's face fell.
"You don't feel anything around her? Not even a little?" Kyuhyun merely shook his head and smiled apologetically at the older. He knew that his hyung cared for him and just wanted to help.
Ryeowook sighed and raised his chopsticks again. "I can't force you. I just want to help."
"I know hyung, I appreciate it. I'm glad I have such a great hyung."


He smiled as the older beamed at him. It was so easy to make Ryeowook happy.
They finished their meal and continued with cleaning the apartment and after another hour it was all clean and nice. Both boys were standing in the living room with proud looks on their faces.
"I'll treat you to go see the new Bond movie tomorrow hyung, how about that?" Kyuhyun said with a smile as he turned to the older.
"It's a date!" Ryeowook declared with a grin.


***


Two hours later Kyuhyun was alone in his now clean apartment. Ryeowook had left after some planning for the next day, leaving the younger feeling slightly lonely.
He sank down on the couch with a heavy sigh. Sometimes he wished that he had more friends to hang with. But everytime he followed Ryeowook he ended up feeling uncomfortable and just wished to leave.
He had once been thinking about asking Heenim to meet and hang out in real life, but had chickened out in the end. He would probably only seem pathetic in the others eyes.


With another sigh he dropped onto his back and stared up at the ceiling, his thoughts wandering to a man that had turned into a regular over the past two weeks. He always turned up after the lunch rush, always sat at the same table, and always asked what the kitchen recommended. Lately he had even tried to do some small talk, like asking if the day was hectic or if he was going out the coming weekend.
Strangely he always answered to the others friendly talk.


He, Kyuhyun, who had such troubles with getting friends, was actually interested in another human being! Everyday around lunch rush he looked around, wondering if the pretty man was going to turn up.
The man had only failed to turn up one day during this two weeks. The next day was when he started with the small talk.
Kyuhyun wondered what the man worked with. He often spoke in his phone in a hushed voice, with a very serious look on his face.


But what was so special with this man? Why did he want to talk to him, when he never talked to others? He never spoke with the other costumers, except for answering questions concerning the restaurant. It was weird, and it actually scared him a little bit. He had no idea why he was so intrigued by this man. It was all new to him.



***



In another part of the city, in a hotel room.

"I'm sorry Jungsu hyung, but I still don't have anything new. He has moved his position again." Sungmin heard how the older groaned on the other end of the line. But really, he couldn't blame him. He was getting very frustrated as well by all this.
"Not even a little piece of information?" His hyung's tone was pleading and Sungmin smiled faintly to himself.
"No, I'm sorry."


"Oh well, that's the way it is.. Ugh, I'm so tired of this mission." Jungsu groaned once again.
Sungmin sat down in front of his laptop and typed something onto the keyboard. "Another thing is, I have to move. I can't stay too long at the same hotel. It has been two weeks and people here is getting suspicious of me. And the budget doesn't allow this long stays at a hotel."
"The optimal solution for that would be if we could get you a cheap apartment in city."
Sungmin snorted softly. "Yeah, good luck with that. It's hard to get a apartment in city this time of the year, especially cheap ones. I have already been checking around, and we won't find any. Not anytime soon at least." Then Sungmin's lips curved upwards into a smile. "By the way, I might know what to do about it."


He hung up with his hyung, still feeling smug and closed the laptop. He had read the young waiter's name tag, Cho Kyuhyun.
This could be fun..


***


Two days later Sungmin arrived at the restaurant earlier then normal. It was in the middle of the lunch rush and his table was already occupied. He looked around, searching with his eyes until he found the young servant stress out from the kitchen balancing three plates with steaming food. He watched the younger for a moment until he noticed that his table was free, and he hurried over and sat down.
It didn't take long til the young boy made his way to his table, with a surprised look on his face. It was obvious that the boy had gotten used to him coming later. That meant that the boy really took notice in him.


"Hello Kyuhyun-sshi." Sungmin greeted cheerily before the boy had a chance to open his mouth.
The boy stared at him for a second before stuttering. "H-how do you know..?"

Sungmin just laughed. The younger was adorable when confused. He then pointed to the name tag on the boy's vest. "I have known for quite some time."
That made the boy's cheeks redden in embarrassment for not understanding it earlier, and Sungmin just had to chuckle.


Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun as the younger composed himself. "I'll take what the kitchen recommend." He stated and the boy wrote it down. "I haven't told you what the kitchen recommend yet though." The young waiter said. With that he left to the kitchen, probably still a bit embarrassed. But it didn't take long til he came back with a glass of water and Sungmin took the chance.
"Your family living close to here?" He asked and the boy stopped what he was doing and looked at him a bit weirdly. The older was well aware of how weird his question sounded.


"No, I'm living by myself in an apartment a few blocks from here. Why do you ask?" Kyuhyun answered as he placed the glass on the table. Sungmin just shrugged. "I'm just curious and in a friendly mood today. How old are you by the way? Shouldn't you study or something?"
The younger frowned and crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm nineteen, and I decided to skip university." He muttered. Something told Sungmin that the boy didn't like talking about himself. "I'm sorry if my questions bothers you, and I'm keeping you from work. Sorry." He smiled apologetically.
The boy nodded his head and left his table to take care of some other costumers.



***




The clock was around 18.00 and Sungmin was getting tired of waiting. He was sitting on a bench not far from the staff's door to the restaurant. the boy's workshift was longer then he thought, and on top of that he was getting cold. He wrapped the coat tighter around himself and stomped one foot restlessly on the ground.
Then finally the staff's door opened but to his disappointment it was one of the other waiters that were leaving. He was really starting to doubt his idea now.
He glanced beside him at his bag with some clothes and stuff, the laptop bag and the bag that contained the sniper riffle Kangin had gotten for him.


He was actually a bit nervous by sitting on a street with a weapon beside him. But then again, the bag looked like any other bag and probably didn't look suspicious.
The staff's door opened again and this time he was lucky. Kyuhyun stepped outside in a huge jacket accompanied by a shorter male that seemed to be a friend. The two males spoke for a few minutes until the shorter boy left. 
Kyuhyun started to walk in the opposite direction and Sungmin quickly got to his feet and picked his bags up and followed with enough distance so the boy wouldn't notice. 


They walked for almost twenty minutes until the younger walked over to an apartment building that looked like it had seen better days. Sungmin frowned and hurried inside after the younger and looked around. He could hear someone walk up the stairs and guessed that it was Kyuhyun, since the lift was standing still. 
As quietly as he could he made his way up the stairs and stopped on the third floor. There Kyuhyun stood, cursing as he tried to unlock the door to his apartment. 


Sungmin watched as the younger struggled for some time until the lock finally gave in and Kyuhyun opened the door. Then Sungmin walked over as quietly as he could. 
"Hi there Kyuhyun-sshi~"



 




Kyuhyun's Apartment Building:

 


Sorry for the wait for this chapter, I promise that the next chapter will be up faster. I hope this one wasn't confusing or anything, I just didn't want to stall with some things :)

I blame everything on my work. A one year old Burmese child (I'm working at a kindergarten)  sent his very first text message yesterday, to my sister. That was the last time I left one of the children touch my phone xD At least the boy is very cute :3



Comments fuels my inspiration to continue, and subscibers makes me proud :3