Lesson learnt.

A Distant Memory

There was a knock on her door at the crack of dawn. Yoon didn’t care much about it and continued to sleep while draping her blanket on top of her head. The awful knocking kept on buzzing in her ears so much that she woke up with a grunt.

What the…the sun’s not even up yet! What is wrong with people in this time?

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“I’m coming!” She pulled her blankets off her with a growl and headed towards the door to give that person a piece of her mind.

“Yah! Do you realize what time it is-“ She stopped mid sentence when she saw that it was Taecyeon. What in the world is he doing here?

“I’m your tutor for today so time to wake up ‘princess’!”

“What? You can’t possibly…why?”

“I would want to know how my fiancée turns out to be before the end of the month. Which is also the time where you have to excel as a fully fledged princess in front of mother, father and probably the whole kingdom?” He shrugged by the end of the sentence.

“But you don’t know anything of becoming a princess! You’re not even a girl!”

“Watch your tone and temper, Miss Im. There, I’m starting already. Go wear on your clothes before you freeze out here, I don’t want to marry a cold blooded woman. Although I can find ways to melt you after the ceremony…”

“You! Just get out!” She pushed him back with all the strength she had and slammed the door. She placed her back against it while taking deep breaths. What did he mean by melting her? Unless…Yoona’s face reddened at her thoughts.

Im Yoona! Now is not the time to think about things like these! She shook her head vigorously and stormed towards the changing room.

About 30 minutes later, after a good warm shower she was ready to go. She wondered what he could actually teach her, putting aside the temper problem of course. She wasn’t like this back at her time. She never got mad easily but this guy was really trying to make her feel like punching him for the first time in her life. She walked down at the steps with grace that was molded from hard work and sweat for hours.

“Took you long enough.” Taecyeon said while leaning against the pillar of the building.

“Can you stop scaring people like this? It’s really creepy.”

“What? We’re not doing anything illegal…unless you want to.” He smirked while walking towards her.

Yoona’s face heated up again for the second time in an hour. She calmed down and greeted his comment with a smile.

“Well then, Mister ert, what are we going to do today?”

“For starters, we’re gonna have to do something about your temper. A princess must always keep her grudges in, especially towards their husbands. How about a change of name for me?”

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that a ert had names. But if you insist, Prince Taecyeon.”

“That’s much better. Now, etiquette. I think that’s the same for both princes and princesses.” He said and looked around to make sure no one was there before saying: “I’ll pretend to be the King, and I shall fire you with questions and you’ll have to answer them perfectly, understood? No wait. I want this over quick so let’s do 2 things at once.”

“What?” Yoona watched as he led them to a nearby vacant table and sat down.

“Starting from now, pretend you are in a scene where you are speaking with my father on the table. I will be able to check your language and manners. Good enough?”

“As you wish, your Majesty.” She curtseyed and sat on the table.

Taecyeon coughed a little and said in a deeper voice: “Hello, Miss Im. I trust that you were in good hands during your stay?”

“Yes, I have, your Majesty. Thank you for asking.”

“Do you have confidence that you will be able to fulfill what I ask of you? What your kingdom asks of you as well.”

And that was how her day started.