Welcome 'back'!

A Distant Memory

Previously on A Distant Memory...

A box in the middle of the park?

"Where the heck am I?"

"Hey, you there! What are you doing in the water? This is no time to be playing around!"

Yoona looked back at the screeching woman, dumbfounded. She had so many questions right now. Why is she in a pond? Why are there old buildings everywhere? Like they were from some kind of old dynasty. No one lives in these places now! Moreover, why is the woman wearing a hanbok while carelessly walking around? She opened but failed to reply the woman.

"If you're not going to answer me, can you at least get out of the water? The King will have my head if he sees this mess lying around! And what are you wearing? These clothes are no fit for a lady! Come, you must change before their arrival!" The woman pulled her out of the water, making Yoona sneeze immediately due to the cold weather and her soaked clothes. The woman tsked at her and pulled her towards the building...or house.

The woman left Yoona standing in the middle of a room for a while before placing a huge stack of clothes on her hands. 

"Be quick, I don't want a sick girl in the King's presence!" And with that she stalked away. Yoona stared at the clothes in her hands and sighed. She should be considered lucky that she was used to wearing hanbok for little kids, so wearing one for herself should be easy. She ran into a random room and started changing inside. She was about halfway through when she noticed that it was pretty hard, but she managed it anyways. She twirled around in the hanbok and smiled at herself, it has been ages since she wore a hanbok but this one seemed to fit her really well. Satisfied with herself, she stepped out of the room, only to be met by the woman's voice.

"What took you so long? Girls nowadays. Tell me, what is your name?"

"Uh...Yoona. Im Yoona."

"Where do you come from? Why did you appear at the pond?"

"I...uh...I was playing nearby, and I...dropped something in the pond and had to pick it up, and then I fell!" she finished with a huff. It was a pretty lame story, but it was worth a shot.The woman inspected her for a while before making a conclusion.

"I do not trust you nor your story, but seeing as one of my handmaidens are sick today, you shall replace her on this busy day. Come, I shall guide you around the palace. And also, my name is Sun Sunwoo, you may call me Madam Sun." She then led her outside and walked on teh cobblestone path. After a series of introduction, the sound of a gong was heard.

"Oh my goodness! They're here! We must hurry. Just stay by my side and don't do anything stupid, okay?" Madam Sun began to panic and spoke in a flurry. She ran off quickly towards the main gate, not while bumping with a few other maidens of the palace. Yoona was trying hard to keep up but failed to do so and in the end, she was completely lost.

Perfect yoona, just perfect. Now you're officially lost with no one around to help you...wait a sec, what's that smell?

There was smoke coming out of a nearby chimney and Yoona, being curious once more decided to go check it out. She slid open the door and was greeted with more smoke. She waved her hands in front of her face and pinched her nose to block out all the smoke. 

What in the world-

Before she could even finish thinking a person came out of nowhere and knocked onto her, causing both of them to fall down the steps onto the dirt road.

"Ah I am so so sorry! I didn't mean to!" The voice said.

Yoona rubbed her eyes to get rid of all the dirt and opened them. It was a guy who looks about her age, his hair was all over the place and he was sweating really hard. He didn't stop apologizing so Yoona had to cut him off, rather rudely.

"Hey! I'm fine. So...can you please get off me now?"

"Oh! I am terribly sorry, I didn't mean to! Forgive me!" The guy stood up and bowed endlessly at Yoona.

"Calm down, I don't blame you." She got up too and cleared off all the dust on her new clothes. Great, she's gonna get yelled at later for returning lost and dirty. She looked back at the guy while straightening out her hair.

"What's your name?"

"Ah? Oh, my name is Nichkhun!"

"Nice to meet you, Nichkun. What were you doing inside there?"

"You must be asking about the smoke. You see, I was-"

DONG! DONG! DONG!

"Oh no! The gong is ringing! We have to go! Come on!" He held her wrist and began running towards the main gate. By the time they got there, most of the workers of the palace were already there lined up and waiting. Madam Sun spotted them and gave them a displeased look. Yoona sighed, thinking of how Madam Sun would give her a piece of her mind later.

"Announcing the arrival of His Royal Highness King Park Seung Won and Crown Prince Park Taecyeon!"

All the servants bowed neatly and Yoona followed suit. Everyone said in unison: "May His Royal Highness live forever in peace and may his kingdom prosper until the end of time."

Yoona wanted to take a peek at how the king and his son looked like but had no opportunity to do so. She remembered studying something about this dynasty during her school years but couldn't place her finger on it. Soon, the gong was heard and all the servants were off to do their own work. Madam Sun found Yoona and Nichkhun almost immediately.

"Both of you will be dealt with later, now go off and do your own things and DO NOT, I prepeat, DO NOT, cause any trouble, you hear me?"

"Yes, Madam Sun."

 

Sorry it took me a while to update! I was atacked by fever yesterday but I rushed to finish this! Thanks for the comments! c:

xoxo, xxwinterchildxx