Meeting with a jerk.

A Distant Memory

It was the second day of her arrival. Madam Sun did have her suspicions but Yoona swiftly answered them without revealing where she was from. She was afraid that Madam Sun would throw hr out of the palace and cause her to have nowhere to live in. The palace was quite a nice place to sleep in but perhaps better without the constant sound of the gong. It seemed to ring every second! Truthfully, she was curious to see how the king and his prince looked like since she's never seen one before and really, curiosity killed her in her dreams yesterday. She was determined to find out how they looked like at no matter what cost!

"Yoona!" A voice appeared out of nowhere made her jump up in fright. She turned around and smiled in relief that it was Nichkhun.

"Good morning, Nichkhun. How are you today?"

"I'm feeeling good! Might be cooking up some good stuff today to make up for yesterday!" He said confidently while looking up towards the sky.

Yoona only smiled at this comment ever since she found out what happened to him yesterday.

"You see, I was about to cook steaming delicious meat buns for my friends! They looked so good when I bought them from the market-"

"Wait, so you knew they were good just by judging how it looked like?"

"Yeah! I have good skills in judging, you know. Especially if its food! That's why I'm a chef here!"

"I get it, I get it. Keep going."

"And there I was, placing the already made perfect buns into the pot and looked at it with satisfaction. Then, I accidentally stepped on a pool of water which I forgot to mention appeared when I was mixing the dough, and fell flat on my bu-I mean, back! I went out of the kitchen to grab some ointment since it was aching really bad. By the time I got back, the kitchen was filled with steam and I realized that I had overcooked it! I quickly tried to close off the fire but in the end I just made the fire bigger! Andthere was so much smoke inside that I couldn't find my way out! You know what happened after that, I found the exit and bumped on you! There, end of story."

"So...you burnt down the whole kitchen?"

Nichkhun hesitated for a while.

"Well, kinda...yes."

She merely sighed at the flashback and said :"What are you gonna cook today? Steaming buns again?"

"Nope!...Since Madam Sun did ban me from making any anymore, I shall be making kimchi! Easy enough, right?"

"Oh! Can I help?"

"Yeah sure! Just come by the kitchens later this afternoon, the one on the left wing though, since the other one is um..."

"Understood. Now go before someone catches you outside your working place!" Yoona quickly shooed him away and continued sweeping the cobblestone path. Nichkhun left with a wave and a smile. After a while, she was finally finished. She wiped her forhead dry of sweat, it was a really hot day out and she just can't wait to go get a good bath after her duties were done. She placed the broom at a side and took some tiem to survey the place. Spick and span, perfect. She clapped her hands to get rid of the dust and proceeded to leave when she heard a loud thrashing sound.

She walked over to the corner of the house where a small alleyway was hidden. She had found it yesterday while wandering. She was shocked to see a man kicking the tree leaves as if in ager. 

How dare he! I just cleaned it all up and placed it into a neat stack too! That's it, this guy is so dead!

"Hey! Mister! What are you doing?"

The man looked up at her. She could see that he had quite a nice feature on his face, in fact, his face seemed almost flawless. He wasn't wearing normal servant clothes but Yoona couldn't be bothered about that. She was already pissed off enough. The guy gaped at her for a moment causing her to look down at her clothes. There was nothing there so why was he staring? It took her a while to finally come to a conclusion.

"Hey ert! What are you looking at?"

The guy seemed taken aback by what she said and replied almost immeidately.

"Who are you calling ert?"

"You of course! How dare you make a mess in the Imperial Gardens! The King will have your head if he knew this!" Morelike Madam Sun will have her head but oh well. She was at the point of blabbering nonsense already.

"Me? I did nothing to you! By the way, I think the King will have your headsince its your responsibility to clean this mess up, Miss Know-It-All!"

"You-" Oh please she felt like blowing up into a million pieces because of this guy. Calm down Yoona, this is not a debate competition, you have to keep your cool to win. She took a deep breth and continued talking. "You know what, fine. I'll let you go this time. Can you please just leave so I can clean up this mess that you caused?" She pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Fine by me Miss Bipolar. It was not a pleasure to meet you." And witht hat, he walked off.

"It was not for me too!" She yelled after him. Jeez, what a way to ruin someone's mood. She can only hope that the day will be better. Now, to clean up this mess and meet up with Nichkhun later to make kimchi! That thought already made her smile.