Fresh Troubles.

A Distant Memory

It was the sixth day she was here. The brunette stretched out as the sun started shining through her window. She rubbed her eyes for a while and surveyed her surroundings. No one seems to be awake yet. She smiled to herself, mentally congratulating herself for being the first to wake up. She placed her blanket, mattress and pillow neatly in a corner and headed towards the shower.

Yoona stepped out of the bathing house and took a deep fresh breath. The weather wasn't too hot or too cold today. Perfect for what she was about to do. What was she going to do? Well, you'll find out later. She headed towards the kitchens and wore her apron. This apron was a bit trickier than her usual one that she wore back at the cafe but she managed to do it after getting Nichkhun to teach her. He did laugh at her about how she didn't know of these stuff but she quickly changed the topic. 

After a few hours of mixing, waiting, baking and decorating, she was finally done. This surprise will definitely blow a person's socks off! She looked at the cupcake with inner satisfaction and smiled. It was square shaped, she shaped it with dufficulty using a wood carver, filled with strawberry fillings and green tea fillings. She placed some strawberries and green tea leaves on top and it was done. She couldn't wait for Nichkhun to see this.

Yes, it was for the clumsy boy. She wanted to give it to him as a token of thanks for being her friend and being there for her. No one around wanted to be her friend, either they're too kept up with themselves or afraid to approach her. They were suspicious of where she came from, that was true, but she had to lie or else she would not survive. She placed the cake on top of the cooking table and proceeded to call Nichkhun over. 

"This is soooo good!" Nichkhun exclaimed, eating up the cake while smearing the space between his nose and his mouth with fillings. Yoona laughed at him and wiped off the cream for him. She blushed a little at this while Nichkhun was oblivious to whatever that happened. When he finished his cake, she excused herself and left the kitchen. No one was there because no one wanted to work with Nichkhun so they had the place to themselves, or so they thought.

"What the-"

Yoona was pulled back by someone and that person kept his/her hands on to keep her from screaming. She thrashed around to get away from the person's grasp. She broke free and was about to scream aloud until she saw who that person was.

"It's you! Mister ert!"

"What do you mean by Mister ert? Look, I'm not gonna argue with you today. I have a favor to ask from you."

"Favor? Why would I do that for you?"

"Because...because I caught you! With the kitchen boy together! If Madam Sun finds out what you both has been doing, you'll be kicked out of the palace, or worse, out of the city! Would you want that?" The guy smugly said.

Yoona stood there, stunned by what he had just said. He was blackmailing her! She is so not going to go down without a fight!

"I didn't do anything with Nichkhun!"

"And you call him with such a sweet tone too!"

"I do not!'

"Yes you do! Imagine, who is Madam Sun going to believe, a girl that she met not even a week ago with untrustable background, or the Cr...I mean, a servant who has worked here longer than you do!"

"If you say you've worked here for so long, how come I haven't seen you around before?"

"That's because I...I work for the Prince! Yes, Prince Wooyoung is my master and I have come here today to...take some stuff for him! You can ask anyone around here, everyone knows me except you!"

This time, she really had nothing to say. The guy took this as an advantage and continued babbling while walking around her.

"Think, how poor innocent Nichkhun is going to be punished because of what you did. He'll never be able to survive in the world out there and it's all because of you!"

No, Nichkhun! Grrr, I have no choice but to obey him this time.

Yoona crossed her hands infront of her chest with a huff. "What is it that you want then?"

The guy smiled in response. "Yes! Okay, back to business.I want you to pretend to be my fiancee."

"WHAT?"

"Shh, don't be so loud! People can hear your squealing from miles away!"

"Squealing? Did you actually expect me to fangirl over you?"

"Fangirl? What's that?"

Oh no. I forgot that this isn't the 21st century!

"I mean-um, uh...Anyways, why in teh world would you want a complete stranger like me to pretend to be your fiancee?"

"Actually..." The guy ruffled his hair with one hand. "I don't have a lot of friends around here and you're the only that I can actually talk to, so...besides, I am blackmailing you, so you have no choice but to say yes."

What in the world is this? This guy doesn't even make sense? How could I, Im Yoona, get to be a fiancee of a random stranger that I don't even know the name of? Aish keep it in Yoona, all for your's and Nichkhun's well-being!

"Fine, I agree."

"Perfect. I will need to know my 'pretend' fiancee's name."

"Im Yoona."

"Good. That would be all. Meet me at the main lobby tomorrow. Do dress properly and not in your...work clothes, you will be meeting my parents. Goodbye then!"

Yoona was once again shocked by what he had said. TOMORROW? Wait, what did he mean by hesitating before saying work clothes? It wasn't that bad! She took so long so absorb that fact and to rant about him in her brains that she forgot to ask for his name. Great, she is in so much trouble right now, even the gods won't be able to help her.