Denial

Twisted Fate

 

It was his limit already. Woohyun buried his head in the pillow on his bed- the pillow that Sunggyu used to use and there was still a little scent of vanilla on it. Why must everything got mess up? Woohyun was sure that it was really Sunggyu at the party. He never imagined himself being so crazy for Sunggyu. Maybe he shouldn’t have tried to love Sunggyu from the start.

Woohyun left the party. Yes, he left it because it was too painful for him to bear. His cheeks were soaked now due to his tears. He cried. He cried so damn much because Sunggyu was no longer his and what happened at the party hurt him.

“Let’s talk to him, hyung.” Sungyeol who was in a shock state suggested but Woohyun stayed still. His feet won’t move and his head was no longer working properly.

“Hyung…” Sungyeol tried to coax Woohyun because who knows if maybe that person is not Sunggyu, just someone who has the same face as him.

“You’re Nam Woohyun, right.” A voice startled them. It was their new boss, Lee Howon and guess what Sunggyu was standing beside of him, with a smile on his face.

“Y-yes.” Woohyun stammered as he fixed his eyes on Sunggyu.

“I heard a lot about you from my father. He said you’re very loyal to him.” Howon offered his handshake and unwillingly Woohyun held out his hand.

Too loyal actually until Woohyun had to kill his own lover.

“I would take that as a compliment, sir.” Woohyun said.

“Call me Hoya, we’re in the same age actually.” Woohyun amazed to see how brave his boss was to give his organization to someone who is the same age as him.

Hoya noticed the stares that Woohyun was giving at Sunggyu, who was busy looking at somewhere else. He found it very distracting so he decided to say some words to let Woohyun’s eyes off from his boyfriend.

“This is my lover, Kim-“

“Sunggyu…” Woohyun had to cut off his words, causing Hoya’s expression to change a bit. Sunggyu kept on his dumbfounded face this time. He didn’t give a damn with his answer. Sungyeol could feel the tense in the atmosphere between

“You two know each other.” Hoya asked Sunggyu with a frown.

“We met a few times before.” Woohyun lied, just too see Sunggyu’s reaction. Of course he could guess Sunggyu won’t want his new lover to know about their relationship.

“We did?” Sunggyu asked back with a smirk. “That’s so strange. I believe that I won’t forget someone so good looking like you if we meet before.” Sunggyu was playing with Woohyun and he hated the off of this matter.

“I get that a lot.” Woohyun smiled while pissing off to hear those words.

Hoya could sense something weird between the two of them but he let the hook off because he needed some other important things to deal with.

“Excuse us for a while, would you? Go grabs some drinks and enjoy the party.” Hoya said, earning a nod from Sungyeol.

Woohyun didn’t say a word.

Sunggyu left Woohyun with a smirk on his face-obviously having a lot of fun. It made Woohyun pissed off for some reason. Maybe because Sunggyu was not his again.

 

The older bit his lower lips as he grabbed the edge of the skin, completely tired of the acts. Sunggyu looked at the reflection on the mirror and how he hated how his face now. He never guessed he would meet Woohyun so early and at last it worked out.

Sunggyu managed to make Woohyun suffered a bit, but it wasn’t enough for him. He wanted Woohyun to taste the bitterness that he felt 5 years ago. He will make sure Woohyun knows the pain of not getting the person he loved the most. His love towards Woohyun was no longer in his heart. The love that bloomed inside of him had died.

Who was he to lie to himself? It was all lies. The revenge, the hatred on Woohyun, none of them really exists in Sunggyu’s heart. He tried to hate Woohyun and he thought he succeeded in doing that but it was all wrong. The moment Sunggyu’s eyes landed on Woohyun, the warmth had come back to his heart and he felt the urge of hugging the younger. He yearned for Woohyun all this time thought Woohyun wanted to kill him for good.

He splashed his face with the cold water running from the tap as he knew he needed to continue getting revenge on the person that he used to love till death.

“Why did you lie?” A voice suddenly attracted his attention.

The moment his eyes were on the mirror, Sunggyu smirked with a broad smile on his face. He understood very well what was the younger referring to.

“I can’t understand what are you saying, Mr. Nam.” Sunggyu was using a formal tone but Woohyun found it very distracting and annoying to hear how polite Sunggyu was addressing him with his voice filled with sarcasm.

“You know what I mean, Kim Sunggyu or don’t tell me you’re scared to tell your new lover what kind of relationship we had before.” This wasn’t a good start for both of them. Neither of them ever thought of losing for once. They were in a silent fight. Yes, in a fight because between both of them the love had died.

Sunggyu smirked as he turned his body towards Woohyun, simply staring him with a pair of cold eyes- the eyes that Woohyun used to love to gaze. He stepped forward, closing the distance between him and the younger.

“Should I be scared?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun didn’t answer a word because he didn’t think an answer will stop this bickering between him and the older. He never intended to make things even worst but it just did.

The real intention of Woohyun confronting him right now was to ask about his sudden lost. Questions about the past and the meaning about Sunggyu’s return were conquering his mind but he let it slipped for now.

Sunggyu just left Woohyun with a smirk hanging on his face as if he was celebrating a victory. But he stopped for a while only to say some important things to him.

“Oh yeah, just to let you know Woohyun-sshi, Hoya trust me. He’s not like you.” He left Woohyun, dumbfounded. The younger bit his lower lips and clenched his fist into white knuckles.

Woohyun snapped into reality the moment he heard his phone vibrated under the pillow. He cleared his throat, making sure his husky voice won’t be heard so vividly. Though a frown appeared the moment he landed his eyes on his phone screen, he still answered the call from his new boss.

“Yes, Nam Woohyun speaking.”

“I have a job for you.” Hoya’s voice was very stern indeed.

He didn’t answer and heard what Hoya instructed him closely. He pushed the ‘end call’ button with his heart sank a bit. The words from Hoya’s mouth kept on replaying in his mind like a broken disk.

“Put your eyes on Kim Sunggyu. I wanna you to accompany him no matter he goes and do make sure he’s not cheating on me. He can be a sometimes.”

How could he live anymore? Being beside Sunggyu won’t be enough for him. No, it will never be enough because Woohyun’s heart yearned for him for so long already. Now, he has to be Sunggyu’s bodyguard. Fate really hates him.

__________________________________________________

A/N : Okay sorry for the late update and now I have to go back to my books. T^T Exam is around the corner and if you're wondering, I have a lot of exams T^T I think this fic will end in about 3 more chapters :) Oh yeah, I wanna to say "congratulation" for my best friends, feyqayeol and safura for earning a good result for their exam!!!! XD Gosh you two are awesome!!! Seriously I can't wait to exam and get my results heehee Going to ace the exam for sure!^^ Again, congrats sweethearts!!! Make sure you guys ace the exam for your second semester too okay?