An Order

Twisted Fate

 

Myungsoo isn’t someone who works as a FBI agent or something familiar to that, but he was only someone who is rather popular at the city. With the visual face he portrayed, it was hard for him to get unnoticed by all of the people. Sunggyu’s choice of asking help from Myungsoo was never a regret for the elder because the younger got all the information about Jang Dongwoo in less of a day.

Currently, Sunggyu was at a night club alone without Woohyun’s permission of course. The main reason of his presence here was because the target was in the club now- Jang Dongwoo. What a coincidence that Woohyun had some ‘work’ to do tonight. His instinct strongly announced that Woohyun will try to get rid of Dongwoo tonight.

“Sorry.” Sunggyu apologized for bumping someone in the club and hell he silently scolded himself for not paying attention with his surroundings.

“It’s okay.” The shorter guy smiled clumsily at Sunggyu. “I was clumsy actually.”

Jang Dongwoo? Sunggyu recalled back the pictures that Myungsoo sent to him. He gulped his saliva, trying to get all his nerve to stop being so damn nervous. It was true that Sunggyu didn’t know why Woohyun wanted to execute this innocent-like guy in front of him. What if Dongwoo is a killer too like Woohyun? The thought sent shiver up to his spine.

“Oh?” Dongwoo seemed surprise suddenly, causing Sunggyu to ponder. “I think I’ve seen your face around.”

“Really?” Sunggyu drew his eyebrows together, forcing his head to process, remembering if he and Dongwoo had ever met before.

“Ah! You face look like my hamster!” Hearing Dongwoo’s answer, Sunggyu was speechless. “But…my hamster died a year ago…” Dongwoo’s cheerful face changed into a sad expression.

Sunggyu swore he was going to explode to hear his face was being compared to a hamster but he couldn’t prevent himself for being a bit sympathy over Dongwoo. He scratched the back of his head, feeling a bit awkward because Dongwoo seemed like a nice guy to him.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Sunggyu said.

“Aigoo, it’s okay.” Dongwoo calmly said that after wiping some of his tears from his cheeks.”I’ll be going first.” He excused himself to the bathroom and Sunggyu lost his mind.

Yes, he lost his mind because his head couldn’t accept any reasons that came in his mind to kill this innocent guy. Dongwoo isn’t someone who could harm an ant. It was true there’s a saying ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’ but Sunggyu’s heart kept on saying that Dongwoo won’t commit a sinful sin indeed. Was this Woohyun’s jobs? To kill the innocents?

*****

Dongwoo’s eyes widened as his feet shivered. He was completely perplexed and shivers were creeping onto his spine, causing his mind to know only frightens. True was, he didn’t understand how could he end up in this mingled mess. His brain couldn’t process a thing now or more like he couldn’t think properly about anything or even about the matter of saving his life.

Currently, someone in front of him was pointing a gun towards him. That someone was wearing a long black shirt and black jeans. Dongwoo couldn’t recognized the person, who was in attempt of killing him because that culprit was covered his face by wearing a cap and damn the alley was too dark for him to even see a bit of the person’s visage.

“W-who are you?” Dongwoo managed to say those words in fear and he was shaking like heal due to the fear.

The person didn’t say a word. Dongwoo prayed to God to help him. He didn’t mind if he die right away but not in this way. He didn’t want to die because being murder. In fact, he would appreciate if he was given a chance to even write a will.

God did hear his prayers when a voice came out of nowhere.

“Stop this!”

Dongwoo was again surprised that the hamster-looking guy was interfering with this and it seemed like that someone was affected by him. Sunggyu on the other hand, scolded himself silently because this wasn’t a good entrance for him. From the start, he didn’t want to let Woohyun know that it will be him who will ruin the mission but it was too late.

“Go.” Sunggyu said to Dongwoo when he covered up for the younger as it was an order. Trusting the stranger completely, Dongwoo ran away from the two of them, hoping that he would meet Sunggyu again so he could repay him for his deed.

Sunggyu knew Woohyun must be mad at him now. It was proven when Woohyun’s grip on the gun tightened as if it was letting out all the frustration into the grasp.

“Woo…” Sunggyu cleared his throat, afraid the cause of doing this.

“Home. Now.” Woohyun only uttered those two words and it seemed like that’s an order.

*****

“What the were you thinking?!” Woohyun practically pinned the older against the wall and Sunggyu shuddered when pain his back. He tried to get away from Woohyun but failed when Woohyun grabbed his wrists, preventing him from escaping.

“Let me go, Woohyun!” Sunggyu struggled so that Woohyun would let they discuss this properly, not in such anger.

“Why did you interfere? Why, Gyu?! Why must you make this harder for me?” It never crossed his mind that Sunggyu would do something like this to him.

“You know why I did this, Woo! Please…you’re hurting me.” Sunggyu pleaded with tears pooling in his eyes because it wasn’t a joke. His wrists were in pain due to the tight grasp but his heart was much broken by all of this.

“Shut up! Shut this up!” Woohyun barked at him as if he was possessed and he lost his mind when slapped Sunggyu straight on his face, shutting the person in front of him completely in froze.

For the first time, Woohyun hit Sunggyu. Sunggyu didn’t mind at all when Woohyun cursed at him but hitting him was too much. No one had ever lay a finger on his face, absolutely no one even his own parents, who he dumped just for the guy named Nam Woohyun.

“I can do something much worse than this, Sunggyu, so don’t you dare me.” Woohyun’s voice was perfectly laced with threat and he failed to trace any shivers in the voice echoed. His words bounced in his head and it hit Sunggyu’s heart in a thump.

Sunggyu on the other hand was speechless as he brought his hand on his painful cheek. His mind was trying to process what just happened. Woohyun hit him? Nam Woohyun just hit him? Sunggyu found all of them ridiculous but it was the reality. Realization finally struck him that maybe, just maybe all this time this was an unrequited love. His legs could no longer support his weight and he fell on his knees, with tears flowing endlessly on his cheeks.

“Woohyun…” His last words rang out in the warm yet eerie and lonely silence.

*****

He found himself in an eerie situation where he had to faced his own boss now. Woohyun could predict every single words that were going to utter by him but he threw away those dreadful thoughts. His unresolved anger for Sunggyu was still burning in his heart though it already had been 3 days since the accident.

“Who is this Kim Sunggyu?” His boss asked straight to the point because he received information Woohyun failed to follow his orders for the first time. The man in his forties scowled at Woohyun, simply disappointed with his trained ‘dog’ this time.

Woohyun didn’t utter a word. In fact, he didn’t want to answer that question. He wished now he and Sunggyu could be strangers because this will lead to dreadful things soon. Silently, he scolded himself for being so selfish before. He should just open his ears when Sungyeol lost his breathe only to advice him from stop dating Sunggyu. Now, he put Sunggyu’s life in danger.

Earning not a single answer from Woohyun, his boss smirked. Of course, he already made research on Kim Sunggyu before confronting Woohyun now. He found it very interesting that Kim Sunggyu had able to make Woohyun’s heart shaken by his love. He picked Woohyun was only to make him a loyal ‘dog’ who will serve only for him, not being in love. He never granted Woohyun the permission to have someone beside him.

“Kill him.”

“W-what?” Woohyun’s eyes widened to hear that order.

“You heard me, Woohyun. Kill him.” His boss repeated himself loud and clear, making sure that Woohyun understood him.

The words hit his heart, but it was an order. Every order needs to be followed. That was one of their rule.

“I understand.” Woohyun answer with confirmation in his voice.