Return

Twisted Fate

 

5 years later.

The sun shone brightly as the ray of sunshine entered the room through the window, aiming to someone who was still in his dreamland. He groaned out of frustration due to the sunlight because he really needed some beauty sleep after working for a day non-stop. The blanket was covered onto his head as a sign that he refused to wake up.

But he quickly changed his mind when he recalled back the big event that was going to be held in the organization. Woohyun forcedly got out of the bed, yawning. He rubbed his blurry eyes to get a vivid vision and a smile engraved on his visage when his eyes caught a glimpse of a framed picture on the small table beside the bed.

Slowly, he grabbed the frame, staring the picture with his smile widening. “Good morning, baby.” Woohyun whispered to the picture.

“I dreamed about you last night, Gyu.” He talked to the picture. Yes, this will be his routine every morning. “You were wearing all white. Damn, you should see how beautiful you were in my dream. And…you came back. You came back to my side.” His voice echoed with pain and sadness because he knew that will impossible.

“I miss you…so damn much, baby.” Woohyun silently cried.

*****

“Shouldn’t you prepare for the event today?” A familiar voice suddenly asked Woohyun, who was making his simple breakfast.

“And shouldn’t you learn how to knock before coming into my house, Lee Sungyeol?” Woohyun mocked him because he really hoped that Sungyeol will receive his advice of not breaking into someone’s house especially into his house.

“Tsk.” Sungyeol flicked his tongue in annoyance. “Before you blame me, remind yourself to lock your main door.” Truth was Sungyeol didn’t understand why he noticed Woohyun’s door was always unlocked.

Woohyun didn’t say a word because there’s a reason. Yes, there’s a reason why Woohyun did that. Sungyeol eyed on Woohyun and gazing at his expression, it hit him. He knew it. He guessed it right all along.

“Don’t say you...” Sungyeol couldn’t finish his words because he couldn’t bear to say those words that could injure Woohyun so profoundly. “Hyung, you know you shouldn’-“

“I know what I’m doing!” Woohyun didn’t want to hear a damn from Sungyeol’s mouth. So much to the fact, Sungyeol will probably nag with him upon this matter. “I’m waiting for him, Yeol..” Woohyun’s voice lowered into a whisper but Sungyeol could hear him perfectly. “I’m still hoping for him to come back.” He didn’t have to say who ‘him’ is because Sungyeol acknowledged it very well.

“But he’s already gone, Woohyun!” Sungyeol just hoped Woohyun will snap out of this. “You killed him!” His voice emphasized the word ‘killed’ because Woohyun should realize that already.

“I know! I know it dammit!” Woohyun cursed, running a hand through his messy hair because he was pissed off. He was mad, angry to himself. “But I can’t help it, okay. My heart said he’s still alive out there. I can feel him.”

Sungyeol almost laughed hearing his words because to him that was the most ridiculous thing that he ever heard from Woohyun’s mouth. “Bare this in mind Nam Woohyun. Even if Sunggyu hyung is still alive I don’t think he will be stupid enough to go back to you, who tried to kill him.”

Woohyun could no longer argue. His hand grabbed the edge of the table, supporting his body weight because his feet already started to shiver to that thought. What if Sungyeol’s words are true? How could he deal with it? Living for 5 years without Sunggyu beside him, hurts like hell and his heart still couldn’t believe that Sunggyu was already gone.

The taller figure excused himself because he was getting pissed off with Woohyun’s mind. Woohyun was getting crazier and crazier ever since he lost Sunggyu. “Remember hyung, he’s gone. I saw it with my own eyes. I saw you killed him with your own hands.”

When Sungyeol was out of sight, Woohyun slid himself onto the floor, leaning against the wall, biting his lips. He couldn’t care less if his lips were injured due to the harsh biting. It was painful. Dreadful indeed. The thoughts of Sunggyu came rushing into his head like water- flowing endlessly and it almost killed him. The incident 5 years ago- he could remember every single thing about it as if it happened yesterday.

Everything happened in a fast motion. The moment Sunggyu felt the cold wind of the dawn, a metal sharp object penetrated his fleshy skin straight on his stomach. The pain he was gaining was not comparable to the pain he had to endure to see the one who was stabbing him was Nam Woohyun- no else but his own lover.

“I’m sorry…” His voice was the last thing Sunggyu’s head able to process before his system broke down and he fell helplessly on the cold road.

Blood was profusely oozing out of his wound and he was losing his own consciousness. Why must this happen? Why sin he did? He only wanted to stop Woohyun from doing this sinful thing.

Woohyun was holding back his tears as his heart broke to witness what he did. He’s a monster. Yes, he was and he acknowledged that fact. Sungyeol, who just arrived at the scene, lost his words to see the scene. He was too late. Too late to stop all of this.

“H-hyung…” Sungyeol’s voice was going to crack soon. And he cried. Cried because for the first time he was disappointed of Woohyun killing someone.

“Take him away, Yeol.” Woohyun begged as he didn’t have the heart to see Sunggyu anymore.

“B-but..” Sungyeol stammered, didn’t understand what Woohyun was saying.

“I didn’t injure any of his internal organs, so take him away from here. Let him live a new life away from me.” Woohyun’s throat constricted to say those words and in the end he managed it.

Sungyeol could only nod because he didn’t want to waste any time. Maybe Woohyun had this all plan out from the start. He carried Sunggyu, who was already soaked with blood into the car.

“I’ll call you for some news.” Hearing Sungyeol’s words, Woohyun nodded.

His eyes were layered with a thin tear, pooling in his eyes as he looked at Sunggyu. This was the best for both of them. Sunggyu deserved happiness more than anyone else but his happiness was not beside Woohyun.

*****

“H-hyung…we have a problem” Sungyeol suddenly called Woohyun, who was lying on his bed, hugging Sunggyu’s shirt. He already missed the older so damn much.

“What’s wrong?” Woohyun asked-worried.

“Sunggyu hyung…he’s gone.”

“W-what are you talking about Yeol…!” Woohyun was sure he didn’t injure Sunggyu too much.

“He ran away from the hospital before he could get treated. The doctors said it will impossible for Sunggyu to be alive now he’s losing too much blood.” Sungyeol cried, managing to say those words with hiccups in his voice.

“No…It can’t be. Sunggyu..tell me his alive Yeol, please!” Woohyun threw the phone against the wall, causing his phone to break because this wasn’t in the plan. And that was the last time he heard the news about Sunggyu.

No one knows whether Sunggyu was alive or not. Woohyun didn’t stop searching for his angel for 5 years but he couldn’t find anything. He lost his angel in the end.

*****

Woohyun was wearing a black suit as he leaned against the wall with his hands shoved into the pockets. He didn’t know how Sungyeol could manage to drag him to this event. He let out a deep sigh.

Today, they will get a new boss. Yes, finally Lee Taejoon wanted to step out of the organization and gave his place to his son. Woohyun didn’t give a damn about that or either he had the interest to know his new boss name.

“I heard his name is Lee Howon.” Sungyeol, who was standing near Woohyun said.

“Didn’t ask.” Woohyun rolled his eyes because sometimes it freaked him when Sungyeol could read his mind. He wasn’t lying. Sungyeol always knew what was in his mingled mind.

Woohyun didn’t have the mood to play with Sungyeol. Everything was boring, until his heart skipped a beat. He saw him. Woohyun saw his angel again in the party.

“Sunggyu hyung?” Sungyeol was the same. He was shocked to see the figure was in the party.

For 5 years, finally, finally his angel came back. But was it really to Woohyun?

Sunggyu was talking and laughing to a guy he was standing beside and it hurt Woohyun. It hurt him because that was the smile that he used to portray when he was only with Woohyun. It was the only sight that Nam Woohyun could see, so why was Sunggyu showing that side of him to someone else?

“Hey, who is that?” Sungyeol grabbed someone randomly and asked.

“That’s our new boss.” The brunet answered.

“The guy standing beside of him?” He was curious but he knew Woohyun was dying in curiosity as he pointed his index finger towards Sunggyu.

“He’s our new boss’s lover.”

And Woohyun’s world came tumbling down. 

 

A/N : Yay! Sunggyu is alive! But he's the lover of Woohyun's new boss :3