Promise

Twisted Fate

 

Was it a choice? Was it a choice for Woohyun whether to proceed of killing Sunggyu or not? The answer will always be no. Why? Because he has no power. No power of making his own path in this unfair and rotten life of his.

Ever since he was a kid, he was abandoned. Yes, he was abandoned when everyone turned their backs on Woohyun even the world did. Only one person had a heart to pick Woohyun up- Lee Taejoon, was the one.

Thought deep in Woohyun’s heart, thought realization struck him that he was only a loyal ‘dog’ to Taejoon but if not because of Taejoon, he won’t be here, breathing.

True was that everyone suffered because of this particular guy, but for Woohyun, that guy saved his life. Woohyun will be dead of starving if he didn’t pick Woohyun up beside the desolate street just like a stray dog.

Woohyun tried to be relaxed over this problem that had been a burden to him, but the tension in his shoulder remained knotted. His breathing level was never the same and his mind will never dare to think about peace anymore.

 He loves Sunggyu. Yes, he do. But in the same time, he knew very well he needed to take the orders obediently. 

Which one to choose? Sunggyu or the guy who saved his life?

“He’s already here.” Sungyeol’s words snapped him back to reality, forcing him to face the real deal now.

Woohyun didn’t say a word but just stood up from the chair. He swore his feet were wobbling a bit but he remained still, not letting Sungyeol sees even the slightest trace of fear in his expression or body language. His intention was of course to greet that ‘precious’ guest, but Sungyeol took a drastic action by grabbing Woohyun’s hand.

“Stop this Woohyun. You can fight this.” Sungyeol looked at him with his eyes pleading, begging and silently crying for Woohyun to stop these nonsense things. How could the organization order Woohyun to kill his own lover? It doesn’t make sense at all.  “He’s your ing lover for Heaven’s sake!”

“And he knows too much about this organization already. He needs to be executed completely. That’s an order, Lee Sungyeol.”  Woohyun calmly said that thought his throat was constricting with fear and sadness.

Sungyeol bit his lower lips to let out the frustration building inside of him. Anger was ranging on in his heart but Woohyun’s words were right. They can’t neglect the orders from the organization. If and only if Woohyun met Sunggyu sooner, then Woohyun will never be in this state like he was being by the black hole.

“Is this a must?” Sungyeol asked again, needed assurance because he knew Woohyun didn’t want to do this.

Woohyun nodded as a yes and heaved out a silent sigh.

“Are you willing to deal with this, Nam Woohyun?” It must be hurt. No, it hurt like hell for Woohyun.

“I will face it, somehow. I will accept the punishment from Heaven later.” Woohyun gave his last words before disappearing from Sungyeol’s sight.

Sungyeol silently prayed to God to help Woohyun. Maybe Sunggyu couldn’t be save anymore but at least let Woohyun’s heart be free of guilt later on thought he acknowledged that it will be impossible for that thing to not occur.

*****

Sunggyu felt pain all over his body as he was threw on the cold hard floor. Blood was smearing from the corner of his mouth and bruises were slowly creeping on his body. His clothes were torn apart and decorated by dust and blood. The smell of the blood further integrated the pain surging on his skin with his broken heart.

“It’s Woohyun’s orders.” That was the sentence heard by his ears when some guys in black came dragging him to this cold dark room before landed punches and kicks on his body.

He screamed in pain but it was useless. Whose name should he shout? Whose help should he cry for? Who should he yearn for in this painful love when the only person he had in this world had turned his back against of him.

The older groaned as he clutched on his throbbing stomach due to the stomps that he was receiving non-stop. He noticed the hits he was unwillingly receiving slowly decreased to a stop and he knew there must be a reason. With his eyes half-open due to the pain, Sunggyu spotted a guy with a familiar body size to him approaching him.

Feeling the urge of tiredness, he rested his head on the floor because he was unable to bear the pain pounding in his brain. His visions were blurry but he could see the guy crouched in front of him. The guy grabbed a hand of Sunggyu’s hair and shoved Sunggyu’s head up, forcing Sunggyu to look at his face.

“Did you miss me?” His voice sounded familiar to Sunggyu. The voice that provides Sunggyu warmth all the time but this time the voice only render coldness to him.

“Wo-woohyun…” Sunggyu’s voice cracked as his throat tightened.

He was smirking.

And it hurts.

“Take him to the room. Let’s wrap things for today and finish him off tomorrow” Woohyun said that heartlessly towards the men. His words bounced in Sunggyu’s mind and it hit his heart with a thump.

Finish him off? Sunggyu’s heart skipped a beat when he listened to Woohyun’s words. His head tried to process the meaning over those words but the pain covered all his plans and left him in curiosity.

*****

Woohyun set his eyes towards a familiar figure in the room. He didn’t walk into the dark room. Instead he hopelessly leaned his shoulder against the door frame because he could swear he could fall onto the cold floor if the image in front of him kept on replaying in his head like a broken old film. Who was he to blame? The figure was badly broken and it was fully his fault without a single compromise.

Unwillingly, he admitted it. He accepted the fact and put the blame on his weak shoulder. He wanted to touch that figure so much, hugging him, whispering soothing words so he will calm down. But he suppressed the urge of touching that figure because he knew the figure would rather spat on him that letting Woohyun touch him.

He was like a coward. It was ashamed to see Nam Woohyun like this. This was not like Nam Woohyun. The real Nam Woohyun will be a strong and heartless man. But that figure changed it. He changed every single thing in Woohyun’s life. Woohyun hated that figure for making him be a coward to face the real meaning of love. He disliked the figure for forcing him to remember every single thing about him. He despised the figure for making Woohyun fall in love with him so deeply until it hurts Woohyun so much.

Forcing himself, Woohyun sent impulses to his brain so his feet will move towards the figure, who was sitting at the corner of the room, hugging himself, trembling in fear. Woohyun could notice his body trembling even more with every single step Woohyun took to close the gap between him and the figure.

“G-go away!” That figure shouted at Woohyun, mentally cursing Woohyun for all his sins towards him.

“Sunggyu..” Woohyun called out as he forced his pace to a stop because he could notice the figure in front of him was trembling in fear and the look in his eyes were filled with sadness and hatred.

Sunggyu covered his ears with his hands because hearing that devil’s voice will be the last thing he would do. He hated Woohyun so much. Woohyun’s heart broke into pieces when he saw Sunggyu so fragile like that. As if he will break if Woohyun touch him with a touch from a feather. The smile that Sunggyu used to portray had disappeared from this world completely. He never got his hope high to see that angelic smile ever again, because he was the one who took it away. Nam Woohyun was the one who trashed Kim Sunggyu’s life.

“Just kill me! Kill me already you er!” Sunggyu shouted his lung out as he was possessed. He knew the whole damn story from Sungyeol. He lost his mind. He lost his respect and he lost his love towards Woohyun when the person he loved the most chose his useless work rather than his own life.

“Gyu…please…” Woohyun pleaded him to just listen. Listen to what he needed to say. It’s true that he made Sunggyu disappointed at him.

“Don’t.” Sunggyu cried. “Don’t…stop playing with me, bastard!” Sunggyu was sick of this. He was over Woohyun because he never thought Woohyun will turn his back against him.

“I beg you Gyu…I lov-“

“Don’t give the damn of ‘I love you’ because I don’t believe in that anymore! I don’t want to hear those words from your filthy mouth.” Sunggyu’s words halted Woohyun’s feet from approaching him.

Woohyun heaved out a sigh because this was useless. Talking to Sunggyu like this will only cause him pain.

“Go to sleep.” Woohyun mumbled before wanting to move out of the room.

“Are you kidding me? How can I sleep when I will be killed tomorrow?” Sunggyu had to stop Woohyun from going away. Yes, he had to because he wanted Woohyun to feel guilty. He didn’t want any sympathy from Woohyun because it will be merely disgusting. Sunggyu will make sure Woohyun will suffer all his life, carrying the guilt of his death on his shoulders.

Woohyun braved himself to walk towards Sunggyu, who was sitting on the cold floor with his back against the wall. Sunggyu didn’t flinch or neither did he say a word when Woohyun sat beside of him. Their shoulder brushed a bit and Sunggyu didn’t yell at Woohyun like he did before. It was as if Woohyun’s touch was the only thing that could make him calm down a bit.

“Does it hurt?” Woohyun asked, looking down to his hands because he was scared. Yes, scared to see this fragile Sunggyu.

“It hurts…” Sunggyu placed a hand on his chest where he could hear his heart beating so accurately and patted that spot.  “But it hurt more here.”

“I’m sorry.” Woohyun lowered his voice until it came out as a whisper but Sunggyu listened to it very loud and clear.

Sunggyu just hummed lazily and plopped his head on Woohyun’s shoulder. It felt warm. The warmth that he felt from Woohyun always mesmerize him but in the same time unnatural coldness brushed on him. Slowly, he closed his eyes. He was tired. Yes, tired of this world.

“Hyun ah…” His voice was husky.

“Mm?”

“I always thought death is horrible. But I found something that is more horrible.” Sunggyu said in a low tone just under Woohyun’s ear.

“What is it?” Woohyun asked with an uncomfortable voice because it sounded weird for him.

“It’s being killed by the person you loved the most.”

And the answer shut Woohyun’s mouth closed. Silence quickly reigned between them when Woohyun lost his words and Sunggyu worn out.

“I’m tired Woohyunnie.”

“Sleep baby. I’ll take care of you.” Woohyun’s words were like a lie to him but still Sunggyu wanted to believe in that.

Sunggyu just hummed in agreement. It wasn’t long until Sunggyu felt asleep with his head still on Woohyun’s shoulder. He reached out his hand to that caramel hazel soft hair. How he will miss the vanilla scent from his lover. He will miss those plump lips that he loved to kiss whenever no one was watching. He will yearn for his lover for the rest of his life.

“I’ll take care of you, Gyu. I won’t let you be in this dreadful world anymore. I promise you that when you open your eyes you will see only happiness. I promise you that baby. Remember my love remains in your heart forever.”

_______________________________

A/N : So....did woohyun kill him or not? Wait for the next chap :) But the only hint is, if I killed Sunggyu then I won't have woogyu in my fic anymore lol