Never lasting Happiness?

Love or War?

 

Leaning over the desk, her lips met mine. Minho offered his seat for her and Seohyun sat down and smiled at me. I stared at her blankly. Minho must've said something to her. What? He talked about me, right? I need to know. So I shifted to face her. "Is something wrong?" What am I saying? That sounded so stupid. Of course, something is wrong. Aish, Yoona, what's wrong with YOU?
 
"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to apologize, for being so judgmental."
"I don't mind, really. At least we have a stronger bond now, right?"
"Yep. It's a shame our relation is so fragile."
"Eh? Uh, yeah."
 
This is getting quite eerie. And talk about straightforward. Not that I'm angry! Just expected something a bit more, how you'd say, loving. Then again, Seohyun does have a bit more manners than me. And besides, what could be more loving than a kiss? Okay, maybe there are a couple more explicit stuff, but those can't come up around in a classroom, right? Especially with Minho, right there, and believe me, I'm not fond of giving pleasure or entertainment to y guys. 
 
But, the teacher and students came in to break the awkward atmosphere. "Sorry. Um, let us begin, students."
 
 
"Kyubok?"
 
"Over here, 'Teach.
 
"Jia?"
 
"Here."
 
"Hyomin?"
 
"I came in!"
 
"Minho?"
 
"Here!"
 
"Seohyun?"
 
"Here!"
 
"Yoona..? Did this list change?"
 
"Here. Yes, it did change, Teacher-sshi.."
 
--Gym--
 
I waited there with my class. We were playing volleyball. I hate this sport.. I always get hit in the face. You know how hard it is to keep your face's shape in this age? Anyway, the whistle blew and the ball went into the air. Seohyun was in the back, walking around. She decided to wear contacts today. I kept glancing at her like an idiot, and that earned me a ball to the face. Keeping the pain and whining for later, I slammed the ball over to the boy who served that ball to me. It went spiraling into his chest. Ouch. Teaches you to mess with me. I rubbed my cheek and it was kind of bruised. It stung a bit too. Seohyun rushed over and clung onto my arm. "Aigoo! What's wrong, Seobang?" I smiled and rubbed her head. "Gwaenchanha. It's nothing serious." I gave a weary laugh. The young girl nodded and kissed me on my cheek. "I hope it heals." 
 
I started to blush, which got the attention of Hyomin. She elbowed me and arched her eyebrow up. "Yah, what's up with you? Did you get hit on your cheek or did someone kiss you?" I snapped back to reality and looked at Hyomin, who gave me a flirtatious smile. This perky girl was always so nosy. But, I was okay with that. We lacked happy people in our class, truth be told. So, I gave her a simple one worded answer with a smile. "Both."
 
As we started filing out the door, I was hugged from behind. "Seohyun?" I looked at her, and she let go. "How's your cheek? Does it need more medicine?" I pushed her away playfully and continued walking downstairs to lunch. I looked annoyed, but as I went out of sight, I smiled. This girl can make anyone melt.
 
--Lunch--
 
We sat together again, and I felt quite relieved that things were back to normal. I eyed Minho as he was talking with his group of friends. The same guys were seemed intent on flirting with me. "Dudes. Yoona loves.." He glanced at me long enough to notice my disapproval. His friends started to tackle him, begging for the answers. 
 
"WHO?!"
"Min dude, tell us, tell us!"
"Is it Kyubok? Is it him? Minho!"
"Minho! Minho! What were you saying?"
 
Minho shook his head and raised his hands. "M-Mianhae. I'm joking." They all gave a depressed sigh and settled down. I giggled to myself and finished eating. Seohyun returned after dumping out her food and clung onto me. I leaned back. "Now we can wait until they allow us to go upstairs. Anything you want to talk about?" She shook her head and just stayed in my embrace. "Yoong, I love you." I kissed her forehead lightly. "I love you too, Seo."
 
--Later on, at Dismissal--
 
I turned to head home, but Seohyun tugged my arm. "Hey, Yoong.." I stopped and turned. Oh? Did she need something?
 
"What's wrong?" She pointed to the opposite direction. The way to her house. "I don't want to bother you, but can we walk together? To my house?" If everything was okay now, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go home with her. It's been a while since we slept over anyway. So, I nodded, agreeing. "Arasso." I walked with her, arm-in-arm. As we walked through the park, we admired the view. It was evening already, and so I guessed that winter was coming up early. But unexpectedly, someone broke the brief moment of togetherness we were sharing. I felt something poking into my back. A gun.
 
"Hands up, dyke." The voice said. Seohyun's eyes widened. "Aniyo, sir! Please, don't shoot!" She backed away and I raised my hands. An other duo started take Seohyun away. The man behind me smiled and followed after them. I clenched my fists. What were they doing? Luckily, they dropped a card and I discreetly took it. 
 
'KOR AGENTS
◆We will keep your family in order and safety. Since 1953.◆
Currently Serving: Parents of Seo Joo-hyun
Reason: Grades are slightly lower. Reason identified
Target: Im Yoona
Wanted Alive.'
 
No. They can't take her away. I charged into them and kicked the one holding Seohyun. He yelped. I punched the other one and ran. They left Seohyun as I expected. Instead, they ran after me. "Wait, guys! But I thought she was supposed to live?!" One of them called. But the leader snorted. "Hah. Too bad." I hesitated when Seohyun started calling after me. Telling me it wasn't worth it. But in reality, she was worth everything. I ran through the grassy areas, and felt a stinging pain in my shoulder. It was bleeding. I increased my pace and took a turn. Quickly ducking under a log, I thought I lost them. I noticed a street coming up. It must be the one that used to be a line of shops. But, due to the lack of transportation leading there, it was shut down. Now it's an empty paved street with closed shops. I felt another bullet graze my waist. From the pain, I screamed. Loud enough for Seohyun to hear. 
 
Despite the pain, I kept running. I arrived on the cement. I turned and ran down the street. I could see this street lead to Seohyun's house. The palm trees were beautiful. It was cloudy. I looked up and rain fell on my face lightly. It was dark. The agents were yelling. "Where is she?! Goddamn it, look for her! She dared to kick ME?!" A stray bullet shot my through my stomach. I stopped running. Did they notice me? Expected.
 
I turned around and it was as if life turned out in slow-motion. They weren't there. They ran away, probably going after Seohyun. She must've fled by now, right? I smiled, and a tear escaped my eyes as I collapsed. The puddle was stained with blood. I lay there, staring up at the sky. Rain lightly caressed my body. It felt nice. Dying here, in front of Seohyun's house is the best burial site I could ever have.