Mianhae.

Love or War?

 

   I was being pushed. I groaned awkwardly. Then a strong last thrash kicked me off the bed and I opened my eyes and stood up quickly. "YA--..." I realized where I was. And looked at Seohyun who was ready to go. I looked down. "Um. You head off to school. I'll go back home and get ready." Seohyun opened out wide in suprise. "Aniyo! You need to hurry. Use my spare pair of clothes, I don't mind." I nodded and took the pile of clothes and headed off to the bathroom. 
 
~15 minutes later~
 
I arrived outside, ready. I looked around. It was dead quiet. Maybe Seohyun already left without me? Eh, no problem. I glanced at the clock and screamed. "Ah! 8:24?" I rushed down the stairs and out the door without eating breakfast, but I grabbed a cookie and gobbled it up on the way. I dashed through the park, took the bus in time, and hurried through the alleyway, almost slipping on a puddle. I followed the street and blasted through the gates of the school. I heard a teacher scold me while I was running in the halls, but I ignored her. I knocked and opened the door. The teacher was taking attendance. 
 
"Ji-hyun?"
"Here!"
"Kang-in?"
"Here."
"Kwangsoo?"
"Eeyup."
"Jia?"
"Present."
"Yoona?"
"Huff...Huff...Her...Here!"
"Seohyun?"
"......."
"Seohyun?"
"........"
 
The teacher looked up and frowned at the empty seat. I stared wide eyed at the untouched desk. "Where is she?" I blurted out. I hear Jia whisper over to Ji-hyun how she thinks I'm 'buddy-buddy' with the 'nerd'. Aish Jia. You haven't changed since the last time I saw you, hm?
Anyway, the teacher nodded and fixed her glasses.
"Seohyun...."
I leaned closer. "You know what happened to her?" Oh no. That means she did come. Or did she? I can't take this suspense.
".....Well, Yoona..."
"TELL ME NOW!"
The teacher banged the desk with a ruler. "Yoona! Lower your voice! Pay respect to you're teacher! I don't care how much you care, or whether this is acting for the answers in the final exams. I want discipline. Especially if you all are acting so shrewd with the poor girl." 
I clenched my pencil tightly under the desk. How could this stupid excuse for a teacher think I'd....
"And thanks to all that, Seohyun has transferred classes."
I broke the pencil in two and grew silent. We were just becoming friends. The both of us just created nicknames for each other, too! Who made her switch? Was she actually willing to switch? Oh my god, can the lunch period not come sooner?
 
I couldn't focus well and found myself staring off into space a couple times. Soon, the last few minutes were left until Lunch. I tapped my pencil in excitement. Then the bell rang and I literally threw my book bag on my shoulders and ran to the lunch-room.
Seohyun, be ready to explain.
 
--Lunch--
 
I scanned the crowd a few times to search for Seohyun. At last I spotted her blue knitted sweater. Her cute magenta glasses, and best of all, her innocent and reserved antics.
 
I watched how people randomly cut in front of her and how she moved back to allow them in without saying anything at all whatsoever. The way she folded her hands, and stood straight up. Her flowing and flawless black hair with every movement she made. I blinked twice at her beauty. I fail to understand how anyone would ever want to hurt her feelings. I laid my tray down on Table 53 and timidly made my way to her. I tapped her shoulder. "Seo. Care to explain?" I could see the 'Oh snap' expression pasted on her face already.
 
Seohyun ate her food but I just stood straight, staring at her, full of disappointment, anger, and a little attraction toward her. Yeah, all that viewing of her made me feel a bit attracted. What? Can't I? Yah! Stop straying from the main topic! Seohyun stopped after realizing that her not answering won't help the situation progress. "Um, Yoong, I can explain." I sighed. "Please do." Seohyun nodded and wiped with a napkin. "I thought... Well, because... Um..."
"Seo."
"Yes? Oh OK. Alright."
"Seo, ready? Explain."
"I thought I was progressing better and because of that I switched plus I thought that the boys and girls would be gone and I'd be surrounded by..."
"By?"
She gobbled a bunch of rice and continued.
"Pefful uff my stahnderd."
I squinted and ate my food. "Ok. We can talk about this later." Seohyun smiled and nodded. "At my place, Yoong?" 
"Sure."
 
--Seohyun's Room--
 
Seohyun leaned on the wall as she sat on the bed. I sat across from her. "I understand your decision. It was for the best. But, I'll be lonely." I pouted. Seohyun frowned and scratched her head. "Mianhae. I'll try and ask your opinion next time." I nodded. This may be kind of cheesy, but I tried to stand up and pretended to trip over the blanket. I ended up landing face first onto Seohyun's chest. I tried to get up, but she wrapped her arms around me. "I was lonely too, you know.." I smiled and planted a kiss on her cheek, but absent-mindedly ended up kissing her on the lips. What was I doing? We were just good friends, but it felt... Good. Seohyun returned the kiss passionately. Does she have feelings for me? I pulled away slowly and rested my head on her shoulder. I whispered into her neck as we lay there.
"Mianhae."