Never Again.

Love or War?

 

My eyes were closed, but I was breathing heavily. I was... so tired. But I could hear someone's... Seohyun's cries.
"Don't leave me alone.. Not again.."
What..? What does she mean 'again'? Wasn't she the one who left me? My breathing soothed slightly and I opened my eyes. The bed was set so I sat upright, giving me a good view. "S..Seohyun.." I mumbled. My voice was hoarse, as the gunshots probably punctured my lungs. Seohyun heard me and looked up. "Yoona! Don't scare me like that ever again!" I smiled at Seohyun's care. "It was Jaejoong's plan." She frowned and looked away. "So what? Didn't you think about how I would feel?" I gave a frail nod as I expected the worse of Seohyun's reactions. "Yes, Seo. I did think about you. In reality, my mind has been thinking about you, and only you, for the past couple days. But the cruel way you've been treating me... It hurt me. It hurt me more than my Mother's icy glare she gave me before her business trip with my Father." Seohyun turned her head to look at me slowly. "...Mianhae. I knew it was all my fault. I was so stupid. So stupid for believing Kwan of all people." I reached out for her head. I caressed it gently as my smile faded. "Gwaenchanha, Seo. I don't mind at all. As long as you're with me. Let bygones be bygones, right?" Seohyun lifted her head up to me at last, revealing her tears. Ignoring my condition, she hugged me. I wrapped my hands around her. "Tic Toc, Seohyun. The timer has ended... Hasn't it?" Seohyun smiled and I felt as if all illnesses were lifted off of me. "Yup! I'll go get the doctor, alright?" I nodded. 
 
 
--Approximately 2 hours later, outside the operation room--
 
Jaejoong sat there, rubbing his forehead. His gun wounds were minor, as they didn't pierce him as much. A little removal of the bullets and he was fine. Jia's arm was worked on quickly and she sat there with a cast on it.  Seohyun was in between them, burying her face in her hands as she awaited the doctor's arrival. Thoughts raced around her head; will she live? What if she loses her memory? Can she continue with punctured lungs like this? 
   The door opened and they noticed the 'operation' light off. "Sorry about the wait." The three nodded in unison. "Well, I have good news and bad news." Seohyun raised her hand like a child. "Bad news first please!" The doctor cleared his throat and nodded. "Her lungs were in fact punctured, as you know. But due to that, she will have a weaker breathing system. So please take care of her and make sure she doesn't take part in excessive sports. The good news is that Yoona is fine other than that and she can live on." He then left, his nurses following closely behind. Everyone went inside and saw all the weird machines were off of me, and I was sitting there casually. Didn't expect I was so strong, huh guys? Time to test your emotions, especially after what you made me do!
 "Guess what Jaejoong! Not only was I seen in public with such as outfit, but also in a hospital! Thanks a ton." Jaejoong blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "Mianhae." I let out my hands in frustration. "I heard that about 5 times already. Oh whatever, come here, let me give you guys a hug." We all engaged in a bear hug, except for Seohyun. Oh? Expecting more, hmm? The two went off to discharge me and that left me and Seohyun alone. I stood up and held her against the wall. I grinned and leaned close. "What's wrong with you, my yeobo? No hug for me?" Seohyun laughed uncannily. "Seo. You said that I left you before, right?" Fortunately, she shook her head. "Aniyo... I'd rather not talk about it." Thinking I wasn't going to get it out of her this way, I leaned down and bit her neck seductively. "A-Arasso, I'll tell you. Stop it.. Seobang!" I lifted my head and stared into her eyes, awaiting her confession. "My parents... They actually died, when I was 11. Leaving all their wealth to me, I didn't know what to do. I just, as usual, wanted them back. But my mind predominantly chose over continuing on with life, the decision's main lead being that my parents would 'want that for me'. I know, you're thinking this wasn't anything very funny or something, but you don't have to apologize. It's okay." I frowned and let her go. I understand the pain that she kept bundled inside, it was stopping her from telling me. 
   Breaking the dull silence, Jaejoong and Jia entered and gave me a thumbs up. "We can go, now! C'mon!" Jaejoong took my hand and walked me outside. Jia and Seohyun followed behind us. We returned to our respective homes, and promised to forget this all happened. It was all a bad dream. And the mastermind, the star of the bad dream, Kwan is....
 
 
....He's dead now.
....But one thing's alive for sure.
....Seohyun's love for me, and my love for her.
 
--The next day--
 
"Jia?"
 
"Here!"
 
"Ji-hyun?"
 
"Over here, Teacher-sshi."
 
"Jaejoong?"
 
"Eeyup?"
 
"Hyomin?"
 
"Huh? Here! Yah, MOVE!"
 
"Hankyung?"
 
"Present."
 
"Seohyun?"
 
"I am here!"
 
"Yoona?"
 
"Here."
 
"Did you finish the puzzle?"
 
"Yes. I found my missing piece yesterday."
 
--Lunch--
 
Seohyun ended up returning to my class. We returned to sitting together in Lunch, we were happy being paired up in gym, and went home happy. But, one thing remained. The exams. As usual, people crowded around Seohyun and we were separated during Lunch. I ended up hanging around Jia, Jaejoong, and Hyomin for the majority of the week. Until I was bothered by one of the questioners. His name was Minho, the school playboy. And being a playboy, he started flirting with Seohyun. Can you believe that? Well, Minho, let the battle begin.
 
--
 
"Minho?"
 
"Here!... Right Yoona? Yah! Wanna go out again?" Wink.
 
"Augh! NEVER again."