War?

Love or War?

 

"Hyomin?"
 
"Arasso.. What? Oh, here! Homework complete, ma'am."
 
"Jia?"
 
"Mm? Oh yep, I'm here. Here's the H.W."
 
"Yoona?"
 
"Here."
 
"With or without?"
 
"With homework. Without Seohyun."
 
--
 
I read the textbook along with the teacher. She was reading slowly and clearly. But all hell broke loose when she announced the next session.
"I am going to write down the important highlights quickly. Copy it ALL down." Moans and groans grew louder from the class. People in the back were screaming out somethings and a few even threw down books. After a few minutes of catastrophic chaos, the teacher slammed her ruler and pulled out chalk. "Ibdagchaeyo! Get ready." I closed my textbook and prepared a page. I would usually slack, but I decided to actually try.
Ah, Seohyun. You would've aced this.  
 
The sounds of the chalkboard clicking against the board ringed in my ears. The teacher noted things as she wrote. Gosh, that old lady can write! Trying to be efficient and create actual expectations for Seohyun, I remained focused and busy. Wow, I think of Seohyun a lot more now, cute. A-Aniyo, Yoona, focus! I looked up and down, copying the notes as fast as I could. My hand started to grow sore and my handwriting grew a bit sloppy. I stopped for a short, short break, shaking my hand. "Aish..." I whispered to myself. I noticed more notes being written and quickly continued writing. At last, the bell rang. 
 
"Brring. Brring."
 
I finished the last few sentences and closed my book, neatly sliding it into my book bag and zipping it up. I slipped it onto my shoulders. Then, I opened the door and walked down the stairs. I got my food and saw her at Table 53. She was reading a book and put a spoonful of rice and chicken in . Aish, this clumsy girl forgot to take curry. 
   I carefully sat down next to her after snaking around the table and coming by the other side. Wow, that book must be good, because it seemed like she barely noticed me. I put my tray down and smiled. I lightly took her arm and went to kiss her cheek, but the slight touch on her arm made her turn her head at the last second.
   Our lips touched again, our tongues exploring each others mouths. My hands slid down her back. We pulled away and I took the initiative, seductively on her neck. Seohyun moaned, clenching the seat's end. "Y-....Yoong..." I smiled and let her go. I leaned back and took a bite of my rice. Seohyun folded her arms and looked down. I put my spoon down and looked at her from the corner of my eyes. She was blushing furiously, cringing. "Aww. Is my Seohyun embarrassed? Be glad it wasn't in the bathroom." I winked at her and she groaned from anger. She started hitting my arm. "You're weak. What are your grades for Gym?" Seohyun pouted. Oh my gosh, if she's going to be cute like this, how does she expect me to not embarrass her further? I planted a kiss on her cheek and went to throw my food out. Seohyun was left there, dumbfounded.
 
––Though she's not really dumb. Ha.
 
 
--Dismissal--
 
I walked outside after cleaning the classroom. Apparently, the teacher chose me out of all people. I expected the yard to be empty, but I saw a black van parked there. Someone was talking into it....Wha.... Seohyun?!
 
I shimmied quickly to a pillar and hide behind it. I peeked my head out, viewing the scene.
 
"Wait. So you're talking about Yoona? Im Yoona?"
 
Hmm? What is she talking about? With who?
 
"Yes. She's the one. Believe me. See this poster? Look. You see her, right? Stay away from her. She may be kind and caring, but some day or later, she'll do the same to you. You're smart. Do the right thing."
 
No no no no no no!
That voice... Is it Kwan?
   Kwan is my adopted brother. My parents and I knew he was a disgusting and dirty person. So we kicked him out there. There,... On the street. One day, in middle school, I was walking home and went through an alley. And I met Kwan there. I remember the cold feeling I felt being given off of him. The glare he gave me. His clenched fists. And his skin. From his face, to his hands. To the little exposed legs. All greasy and black from the dirt on the streets. In the alley, he held me and kissed me roughly. I struggled. I tried to scream, but his grimy tongue clashed into my mouth. At last, I kicked him off and started to punch him. He slammed into a trash can and another very slimy looking boy took a picture. Kwan ran up to him and escaped. I didn't know what that picture was for, until now. That devil was trying to ruin me. Trying to ruin me, like I ruined him.   
   
   The black van pulled out and Seohyun stared at the paper in her hand. I know what she's looking at. I wanted to scream out to her that it was the truth, but it was twisted! It wasn't the real intention I had! But I couldn't. I was too ashamed, embarrassed, scared, and... My heart... It hurt. Like Seohyun's warmth and embrace disappeared in a split-second. Did she...
Did she believe him? I watched as the young girl I loved walked home, shaken after that false revelation she found as the truth. My legs grew firm and hesitant to follow her. I walked out the gate. I looked to the right. The way my dear Seohyun took. And to the left. The way I go. This crossroad... I hate it. Watching her walk the other direction. It for some reason worries me. But, what's the use now?
 
--Yoona's House--
 
I sat down in my posh room and took my cellphone in my hand. I looked at Seohyun's phone number. Should I call her? I gulped and drank a glass of water. And I called her, mustering every last bit of courage I held. 
 
"Yobseyo?"
"Seohyun?"
"Yoona.."
"Y...Yes, Seo?"
"Is it alright if we try and... like, not talk for a week, possibly a month? I'm... I'm not feeling so well. A-Alright?"
"Seo? Why?"
"-----------"
"Seo?!"
 
I can't believe what just happened. She hung up on me. I retraced the words she said. The way she said my name. I heard the pity, the betrayal she felt. Unable to hold the tears back, I buried my face into the pillow and screamed. Just like that... My love..... My love....
––Turned into war.
 
 
 
A/N : /// Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting! ;D Saranghae!