Pretty Woman Chapter 18

Pretty Woman

Amber POV

Lately, I couldn’t focus for doing something. Everything became so hard to do, I felt like my mind was frozen. I sighed. I ignored the papers on my table. I leaned my body on the rolling chair, I closed my eyes and I could see Soo Jung. I didn’t wanna lose her, I needed her. I didn’t know what was my uncle going to do, but sooner or later he would tell grandpa about Soo Jung, and he would threaten us again. Grandpa wouldn’t forgive us, and the worst think for me, he would throw Soo Jung.

It was five days already after my uncle called Soo Jung, but everything still seemed fine. I had asked Key to help us, but I couldn’t just rely on him, I should do something.

Suddenly my cell phone rang, and I saw ‘Soo Jungie’ on the screen.

“Hi there”, I answered.

“Are you still working?”

“Nah… I can’t concentrate, and it’s your fault”

“Yah… why do you blame me??”

“Because I can’t stop thinking of you”

“………Okay, I miss cheesy Amber”, she chuckled and so did I.

“Are you still in Sulli’s house?”, I asked her.

“Um yeah. I’ve called grandpa, I said you will pick me up”

“You want me to pick you up? Okay okay”

“But Amber…”

“Yes dear?”

“Can you finish your work earlier today?”

“Umm… is there something important?”

“Nah… I just……let’s go to the night market again”

“Night market?? Uh yeah I remember that! Umm…………okay I’ll tell Vic unnie that I’ll leave earlier today, okay?”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

 

“Let’s buy cotton candy!”, Soo Jung pulled my arm, she looked so excited, and it reminded me of the first time she brought me to the night market. Yeah, we were at the night market already, it was so crowded there, just like the first time I visited.

“Here”, Soo Jung handed me the cotton candy.

“Yah… why mine is pink and yours is blue? I want the blue one, give me yours”, I reached Soo Jung’s cotton candy, but she removed my hand.

“Yah! It’s mine!”, she pouted.

“Why are you so stingy? Come on...let’s switch our cotton candies…”

“Nooo… in your dreams, Josephine…”, she said and ran away then.

“Hey wait!”, I ran after her.

“Hey Amber…”, she suddenly stopped.

“Huh…what...”, I gasped, “grandpa is right, you’re so nimble just like a kitten”

“Yah… only grandpa can call me that. Hey Amber, can you win that llama doll for me?”, Soo Jung pointed a game center, the game was an archery game.

“Seems easy”, I said.

“Aiisshh… come on just try it”

“Fine. Let’s go”, I grabbed her wrist and we walked hand in hand toward the archery game then, “I wanna try this”, I said to the merchant.

“Okay, Sir. Here”, the merchant handed me a bow and three arrows.

“Thank you”, I grabbed it and made my position to shoot.

“WUUUSHH”, my first shot was missed, I tried again, “WUUSHHH………………..WUUSHHH”, second, third, still missed.

I sighed, “I need more arrows”, I said to the merchant, he handed me three arrows then, “Um… can you give me at least ten arrows?”

“Yah”, Soo Jung slapped my arm, “are you crazy??”, she whispered.

“This is my first experience in archery game, I need more practice, okay?”

“Aiiissshh…”

“Here, Sir”, the merchant gave me about ten arrows then, and finally…

 

 

“Thank you…”, Soo Jung said shyly, she hugged the llama doll happily.

“Told ya, practices make prefect”, I said, “why do you want it by the way?”

“Hm?”

“That llama doll”

“Uuhh… just look at it”, she showed me the llama doll’s face.

And I look at it with puzzled look.

“It looks like you”, she chuckled.

“Yah! How come a llama doll looks like me?!”, I protested.

“Why? It’s cute you know”, she hugged the llama doll tighter.

I just smiled at her, I was so happy seeing her happy. I wished I could see that smile forever, I wished I could be by her side forever.

Afterwards Soo Jung and I played the other games, just like little kids, we were so happy and forgot about our problems. If only I could, I would stop the time, so that we could stay together, happy and free.

“Amber…”

“Yes, Princess?”

“Tired..”, she pouted at me cutely.

“Ugly Soo Jung”, I lied.

“Yah! You’re uglier”

I chuckled, I bent my knees then, “hop on”, I said.

“Yay!!”, she hopped on my back and I carried her, “Josephine…”, she whispered.

“yes, Soo Jungie?”

“I don’t know what will happen later, but……I’m so glad that I met you near the railways that time”

I smiled as I heard that, and we stay in silent for a moment.

“Let’s buy cotton candy again”, I said. We went to buy cotton candy then.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Sir, but there’s only one cotton candy left”, said the merchant.

“Uhh……no problem”, I said.

 

 

 

We were sitting on the bench, waiting for the fireworks time while playing a game with the cotton candy.

“Rock Scissor Paper!!”, we said together, Soo Jung gave Scissor and I gave paper, so she won.

She plucked the cotton candy and ate it, “uumm… nyummm”

“Yaaah… come on do it again”, I said.

“Fine fine…”

“Rock Scissor Paper!!”, we said, I gave the rock and she gave the scissor, I won.

“I win! AAA…”, I opened my mouth widely.

Soo Jung pouted, she plucked the cotton candy and feed it to me then.

“Nyummy……”

“Let’s do it again!”

 

We played the rock scissor paper game until we heard “BOOM BOOOM BOOOOM!!!”

“Fireworks time!!”, Soo Jung shouted excitedly.

We stood up to see the fireworks then. The fireworks were really beautiful, coloring the dark sky in the night.

Suddenly I felt something soft landed on my cheek, it was Soo Jung, she landed a peck on my cheek. I turned to her, I held her shoulders and stared at her deeply. Slowly, I leaned my head toward her until our lips met. We kissed gently, I could feel how I love this girl.

We broke the kiss, afterwards I hugged her tightly, “I love you, Soo Jung. Stay with me forever, please?”

 

 

 

Krystal POV

“I love you, Soo Jung. Stay with me forever, please?”, she said. But I could say nothing, I just kept in silent and closed my eyes.

I was so happy that I could have quality time with Amber, we had fun together in the night market, it was the second time I brought her there and I still could see the same smile on her face, just like the first time I brought her there. Amber’s smile was so precious to me, how I wished I could see her smile forever.

“It’s getting late”, she broke the hug and cupped my cheeks, “Let’s go home, okay?”

I nodded.

 

***                                                                                                             

 

Author POV

Mr. Liu still couldn’t sleep since his grandchildren weren’t home yet. He knew that they weren’t kids anymore, but he decided to wait for them.

“Knock Knock Mr. Liu you have a guest”, the door monitor reminded him. He stood up and walked toward the door, he opened it then.

“Mr. Liu…”, a servant appeared.

“Are they home already?”, Mr. Liu asked.

“N… No…Mr. Liu… you have another guest”

“Another guest? Who?”

“Mr. Liu……………………………………. Young Master Jeremy is here”