Pretty Woman Chapter 14

Pretty Woman

Krystal POV

“Excuse me?”, I said as I arrived in the study room, Professor Moon wasn’t there yet, I knew it, I woke up earlier than usual. I woke up earlier than usual because of……………Amber. I didn’t know why did I do that? I just wanted to…………………do something for her. ‘She’s nice to me, she did a lot of things for me. Yeah, she deserves it’. I hoped what I did for her wasn’t because of love. Love was a word that really danger for me.

Suddenly Amber’s face came to my mind, and I remembered her scent when I was tying the tie on her neck, her awkward expression. I chuckled, ‘did I make her surprised?’

 

“Ahemm… is there something funny, Miss Soo Jung?”

That voice broke my daydream.

“P…Professor Moon??”

“Why did you smile? May I know?”

“N…No… nothing”, I grinned like a stupid.

“Okay. Can we start now?”

I nodded.

“I’ll give you some review quizzes today. Tomorrow will be the final exam, remember?”

“Yes Sir!”

“Miss Soo Jung…don’t shout. Okay?”

“I forgot… I’m sorry Sir”

 

***                                                                                                                         

 

“Finally…”, I said as I finished the quizzes.

“You can leave now”, Professor Moon said.

I stood up and bowed, “Thank you, Professor”, I said, “have a nice day!”, I waved my hand playfully and left the study room then.

When I was walking to my room, I saw grandpa was sitting in balcony. I decided to see him then.

“Morning, grandpa”, I greeted him

He looked up, “hey, Kitten. Have you finished your study?”

I nodded, and took a seat beside him then. I looked at him, he seemed thinking of something.

“Is there something bothered on your mind?”, I asked him.

He chuckled, “How do you know that?”

“I can analyze face expression”, I said proudly.

He chuckled again, “really?”

I nodded, “Grandpa, when my grandma was alive, every time she stressed she always asked me to sing a song for her”

He frowned, “sing?”

“Yes! Do you want me to sing a song for you too?”

He looked at me with puzzled look, “o…okay”

“Hmm… it’s a Christmas song”, I said, I took deep breathe, and start to sing, “1 step more, 2 3 4 Love’s around the corner! Left and right, by your side Boy you’re getting warmer! Up the street, move your feet See you coming closer You better run to my door Into my arms, say you’re mine forever more! Ooh~ Yeah! You better run to my door Into my arms, say you’re mine forever more! Don’t act so shy boy There’s no need to play coy Tell me why you leave me hanging Why you taking so long?”

 

 

***                                                                                                             

 

I laid my body down on the bed. I just finished read some books and memorized some formulas to the final exam tomorrow. I looked at to the clock, it was late already. I reached my cell phone to call Amber.

“Hello?”

“Are you still working again?”

“Nah… I just arrived here”

“Here? Where?”

“Uhh… can you pick me up here? I’m in front of the main door”

“Main door? Okay I’ll be there”, I hung up the phone and went to the main door then. I wondered why did Amber want me to pick her up?

I got the key from the cabinet, afterwards I walked toward the main door and opened it. As the door was opened, I saw Amber was standing, she smiled at me then.

I crossed my hands, “why did you ask me to pick you up?”, I asked her, suddenly my eyes were directed to her hands, her hands were hidden behind her back.

“I have something for you”, she said. She showed her hands with a rose and a Teddy bear.

I couldn’t describe my feeling, I was so………surprised and…………..happy.

“Here”, she handed me the rose.

“Th…thank you but………for the information………today isn’t my birthday”

“I know. Here”, she handed me the teddy then, “hug it tightly”

“W..what??”

“Hug the teddy tightly”

I grabbed the teddy, and hugged it tightly then.

“Tighter”, Amber said.

I hugged it tighter. And suddenly…………

“You’re smart and you’ve studied diligently. I’m sure you’ll pass the exam tomorrow, go Soo Jung! Fighting!”. I heard Amber’s voice from the Teddy. It was recorded voice. Suddenly I felt like I wanna cry. I stared at Amber.

“It’s a recorder doll, unique right?”, she said.

I just stared at her.

“I… I just can give this for support you tomorrow, I’m sorry I…”

I hugged her. I hugged her tightly.

“Soo Jung…”

 

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

“Ready, Miss Soo Jung?”, Professor Moon asked me.

I nodded excitedly.

“Don’t you feel nervous for the test?”, he asked again.

I shook my head.

He smiled, “here”, he gave me a paper, “there are four sheets of paper and 50 questions. I’ll give you 60 minutes to finish it, understood?”

“Yes Sir!!”

“Ssshhh… don’t need to shout remember?”

“I… I’m sorry”

 

 I read the questions on the paper. I couldn’t say the questions were easy, but I could say, I know how to answer them.

I needed 55minutes to finish the test. Before I gave it to Professor Moon, I checked my answers first. Everything was okay. I inhaled, exhaled, and… “Professor”, I handed the paper to Professor Moon.

“I’ll give the result tomorrow, at the dinner with your family”, Professor Moon said.

And my eyes became wider as I heard that, “D…din…dinner with…my family???”

“Yes. Your grandpa in law asked me to announce it that way”, Professor Moon trimmed up his belongings, “okay Miss Soo Jung. We’re done now”, he said then left the room.

‘Announce the result of my test in front of Amber and her family? I hope I’ll get the good grade’, I thought while walking to my bedroom. Suddenly I saw a maid walked rashly, she brought a small tray with some bottles on it.

“Good afternoon Young Miss”, she greeted me then continued to walk.

 “Are you in hurry?”,I asked her.

She stopped and turned to me, “Yes, Young Miss”

I frowned, “What happen?”

“Uh… Mr. Liu is sick”

My eyes became wider, “Grandpa is sick?”

“Yes, Young Miss”

I immediately ran toward the maid, “Can I bring it to his room?”

“Uhh… But Young Miss…”

“Please… I’ll tell grandpa that I begged you for it, okay?”

She finally agreed.

 

Grandpa was sick, and I felt so worry about him. It made me remembered when my grandma was sick. ‘I hope he’ll be fine’, I said in my mind.

As I arrived in front of grandpa’s room, I knocked the door and pressed the door monitor’s button. Suddenly the door was opened automatically. I stepped inside then.

“What took you so long?................................Kitten??”

“I’m sorry grandpa. I forced the maid to let me bring this for you”, I said. I put the small tray on the small table then, “grandpa…… are you okay? Have you called the doctor?”

“I…uhh”, grandpa tried to get up, I helped him, “no need to worry, Kitten. I just……… too much thinking”

“Are these your medicines?”, I pointed the small tray.

“No… that’s my vitamins. I’ll drink my vitamins and take a rest, I’ll be fine”

My eyes were directed to a bowl and a glass of water on the other table then, I got up and walked to see the bowl. The bowl was filled with vegetable porridge, “You haven’t eaten your food, Grandpa. You should eat first before you drink the vitamins. I’ll feed you, okay?”

“N…No… Kitten… I don’t have any appetite to…”

I ignored his words. I came to him with the bowl of porridge on my hand, I took a seat next to him then.

“This porridge will be more delicious since I feed you. Trust me”, I scooped the porridge and feed grandpa.

I was so happy that I could take care of grandpa.  When my grandma was sick, I was still a kid, I couldn’t do much for her, I couldn’t take care of her well, ‘I’m a big girl now, I will take care of grandpa well’

“Done!”, I said as I finished feed grandpa, “now the vitamins”, I took the vitamins and gave them to grandpa. “I’ll take the water”, I took a glass of water and gave it to grandpa.

I watched grandpa drank the vitamins. He looked so old, he indeed always looked grumpy and cold, but seeing him sick now, he looked so weak and old. After grandpa drank the vitamins, I took the vitamins and the glass, and put them back on the small table.

I went back to grandpa. I helped him to lay down his body then, I took the blanket and wrapped the blanket on his body.

“Sleep tightly, grandpa. Get well soon”, I said to him

He smiled at me, “Thank you”

“I’m leaving, okay?”

He nodded.

I was about to step but suddenly, “kitten”, grandpa called me.

I turned to him, “Yes, grandpa?”

“You’re a good girl. Thank you for being my grand daughter”

 

 

***                                                                                                                  

 

 

Food, I loved food very much, and I could even forget about everything if I had delicious food in front of me, but tonight I had no interest with delicious foods that were served on the dining table in front of me. I saw everybody were enjoying their food, there were Amber, Grandpa, Mr. Song, Mr. Won, Vic unnie, and………………………Professor Moon. Professor Moon, he would announce the result of the final exam tonight, in front of Amber’s family, I felt so nervous and I didn’t have any appetite.

“I heard you are sick, Liu?”, Professor Moon asked.

“No… just too much thinking you know, I just needed to get some rest, and see… I’m okay now”, grandpa responded.

“By the way, Young Liu”, it was Mr. Won, “how’s Liu enterprise now?”

“We’re planning a new project with EXO company”, amber answered.

“What kind of project?”

“Umm…… it’s a surprise”, Amber said. Everyone laughed then.

“Uuhh… I’m so full. The foods are sooo delicious”, Mr. Song spoke.

Wait?! They have finished eating! Does it mean………………’

“It’s about the time”, Professor Moon spoke, and I froze as I heard that.

I felt Amber’s hand on my hand, I looked at her, she just smiled at me.

“Actually, we’re here to know the Young Miss Liu’s skill”, Professor Moon spoke again, and everyone became silent, “Miss Soo Jung, a wife of the Young Liu, her grandpa in law asked me to be her tutor for two weeks, and give her a test to be a Liu, and now, I’ll announce the result of the test”

I saw a servant came and gave Professor a big envelope, “Thank you”, Professor Moon said. He opened the envelope then.

I felt so nervous, and didn’t realize that I squeezed Amber’s hand.

“Miss Soo Jung…………………… She passed the test with A grade”

My eyes became wider as I heard that, “re… really?”

“Congratulation, Miss Soo Jung”, Professor Moon said.

Everyone clapped then.

“Soo Jung is a smart girl. Especially in math and English”, Professor Moon said.

“When did you quit from school, Soo Jung?”, Mr. Won asked me.

“About six years ago”, I answered.

“Wow… it’s amazing”

“She’s basically smart”

“Congratulation………… Liu Soo Jung”, it was grandpa, I couldn’t believe that grandpa just called me with his family name.

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

Amber POV

 

I opened our bedroom’s door, and let Soo Jung get in first.

“Thanks”, she said.

“You’re welcome, Mrs. Liu”, I said with smile.

She bowed her head then, “don’t call me like that”, she said shyly.

“You don’t like it?”

“It’s not like that… I just……just call me by my nick name”

I chuckled. “Congratulation, Soo Jung”, I stared at her. I was so happy about her test result, I was so proud of her.

“Thanks”, she said, “and……………thankyou for the Teddy”, she continued with low voice.

We were in silent for a moment then.

“Everything is getting better now”, I finally spoke.

“Thank you Amber for everything”

“No. Thank you, Soo Jung, thank you so much”

“You know Amber, before I met you, I was a trash. My life was very……….you know……it was so dark. And you rescued me, you brought me here, you taught me a lot of things, even for the first time I felt like it would be hard for being a part of your family cos we’re so different, but now…… everything has changed. You give me a family, Amber. I thought I would be alone forever in this world”

I didn’t know how to respond her words, I just……wanted to hug her. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward me, I hugged her, I hugged her gently.

“Thank you, Amber”, she said again, with bitter voice, I thought she was crying.

I her back, “Ssshhh… I promise you, you won’t be alone anymore”

I broke the hug, I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears then. I stared at her deeply, she was so pretty, I couldn’t stop admire her beauty. I leaned my head toward her, I felt like I’m losing my conscious. And then I felt her lips on mind, it was really soft, it was so sweet, it was so addicted.

Suddenly I felt Soo Jung’s hands on my shoulders, she pushed me gently, and we broke the kiss then.

“I… I’m sorry”, I said without stare at her. ‘Stupid Amber! Control your self Amber!’

“I… I just want to say………something to you”, she spoke.

I was just in silent. I knew I was so stupid.

“Amber. For me……………………………you’re not……………………a stranger anymore, you’re my husband”


____________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry, I'm still in exam period now, but i'll try to update as soon as possible ^^. thanks a lot guys