Pretty Woman Chapter 16

Pretty Woman

“Krystal??”, my heart stopped as I heard the guy called me with my ‘club’ name. I took a look at him then, honestly I didn’t remember who he was, he called me with my club name………… ‘Was he my client?’

“Krystal? Who is Krystal?”, grandpa asked, he looked at me with puzzled look.

“Kr……Krystal…..is…”,I spoke, but I didn’t know what should I say to grandpa.

“Who?”, he frowned.

“Uh…… Krystal……is…….”

“What’s going on?”, Amber came suddenly, she stared at me then, “wifey, are you okay?”

The guy frowned as Amber called me ‘wifey’, “Krystal…………are you married??”

“Krystal?”, Amber looked at the guy with puzzled look, she chuckled then, “Sir, we don’t even know who Krystal is. Maybe my wife and Krystal are look alike, but she’s not Krystal”

The guy narrowed his eyes, he studied me from the top to the bottom, “it can’t be…”, he whispered.

“”Uh… excuse me, we gotta go now”, Amber said.

“Uh…okay.. I’m sorry, I mistook her as Krystal”

“Nah it’s okay… let’s go”, Amber grabbed my wrist, “come on grandpa”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

Someone recognized me as ‘Krystal’, and he called me ‘Krystal’ in front of grandpa. I couldn’t imagine if grandpa knew about my past, I was really afraid about that, and I thought Amber felt it too. I didn’t wanna lose my new family, they were so precious to me.

We were at the backyard of Liu’s house in Jeju, everyone was enjoying the barbeque time, I really wanted to enjoy it too but I couldn’t. Suddenly I saw Amber came toward me.

“Close your eyes”, she said to me.

I frowned.

“Come on close your eyes”, she said again

I closed my eyes then.

“Say AAA”, she said.

“Why should I do that?”

“Come on just do it”

“Fine.. AAA”, I opened my mouth and I tasted something tasty on my tongue then. I chew it, “Umm… nyummm… meat!!”, I said happily while opened my eyes, “Yummy…”

“You like it?”

I nodded.

“Here”, she handed me a plate of meat.

“Woaaa… thank you stupid hubby”

She smiled and took a seat beside me, we were in silent for a moment, I was enjoying the meat.

“Don’t worry, Soo Jung”, suddenly Amber spoke.

I took a look at her, she stared me on the eyes, “Soo Jung, I’ll protect you”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

“Uhh…Soo Jung, is this one strong enough?”, Nickhun oppa showed me his card.

“Uhh yup Nickhun Oppa, good choice”,  I gave my thumb.

“Yay! Here”, Nickhun oppa threw the card then.

“Yah! Don’t be a cheater, don’t ask Soo Jung!”, Vic unnie protested.

“Hey hey… it’s my turn”, Key said, “uummm…………this one”, Key threw the black card.

“Woaaah!! Key oppa!! That’s the strongest!”, I said.

“I know hahahaha… I’ll win this game kekekeke”

“Excuse me”, it was Amber. She didn’t join us to play UNO before cos grandpa asked her to join him, Mr. Won, and Mr. Song to enjoy coffee in living room, but suddenly she came.

“Amber?”, I said.

“Come on join us, UNO is so cool!”, it was Vic unnie.

Amber showed her smile, “I’ll join you guys later. I come here to call Key”

I pouted as I heard that.

“Me??”, Key oppa pointed his nose.

“Yes, Key. We need you to join us”

“Uhh jinjaa~ I almost be a winner”, Key oppa got up lazily then, “let’s go”

“Wait”, Amber said, she walked toward me then, “enjoy your time Soo Jung”, she patted my head.

I gave her a smile.

 

We played again without Key oppa and Amber then. Vic unnie and Nickhun oppa were very funny so even though there were just three of us, I still enjoyed the game so much.

“Uh Vic unnie, Khun oppa, I need to go to toilet”, I said.

“Uh? Okay take your time Soo Jung”

I got up and walked to the toilet then, but suddenly I heard something from a room.

“I won’t let him hurt Soo Jung”, it was Amber’s voice.

“Did he mention Soo Jung’s name when he called you, Mr. Liu?”, it was Mr. Won’s voice.

“No. he just said he will crush our company as soon as possible. But, Won, he can’t use our secret about Amber’s gender anymore to attack us, I’m afraid that he’ll hurt my grand daughter in law. He’ll do everything to crush Liu Enterprise”

“I know, he’s your son, Mr. Liu”, it was Mr. Song’s voice, “but we have no choice, he’s too danger, and jail is the safest place for him”

“Mr. Song is right. Key, you’ve been spied him for few months, what did you get?”

“Um……honestly I haven’t gotten his evidence of crime. I know where his illegal company is, but the company is guarded by polices in Taiwan”

“P… Police?”

“Yes. But don’t worry, I’m still spying him. I’m sure I’ll get more information and evidence to send him to the jail”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

Jeremy POV

 

Finally, I could smell the air of Taipe again. For me, Taipe was my only hometown, my home, the safest place in this in world. I had always hated Korea, it was a hell for me. I grown in Taipe with my Mother, guess where my father was? He moved to Korea with my older brother after got divorce with my mother. Until I was ten years old, my father had never visited me, he just sent us money, money, and money.

One day my mother told me, that she needed to go to somewhere for long time, and I needed to live with my father in Korea. We flied to Korea then, and finally I saw my father and my older brother for the first time. We lived together in my father’s house in Korea for only a week, after that my mother said she had to go and left me, and I had never seen my mother anymore.

I cried every day and asked my father about my mother, but he never answered me, and he always treated me unlike the way he treated my older brother, I knew it, he didn’t love me as much as he loved my older brother.

When I was sixteen, my father finally told me that my mother sent me to Korea because of illness, and she died a few days after she arrived from Korea. I was very mad as I heard that, and since that day, I decided to be my father’s enemy.

I exhaled, I didn’t want to remember about my past anymore, it was really unfair for me. I put cigarette between my lips and ignited it, it was a weed cigarette, I loved weed. For me, weed was my guardian angel, it could help me to forget everything

“Boss!”, suddenly my men called me.

“Yes?”

“Here. I found some information about that girl already”, he handed me a paper, I took it and watch it carefully then, “Jung Soo Jung…”

“Yes, her name is Jung Soo Jung. But I hadn’t found something interesting about her, Boss”

I glared him, “you should find it, as soon as possible, understood?”

“Y…yes Boss”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

Krystal POV

After we back from Jeju, I felt that Amber was getting busy, she had no time for me, and it made me feel so lonely. Even though every night she was always beside me, but she looked tired so I didn’t want to disturb her rest time.

Once in the night, I couldn’t close my eyes, I missed Amber so much whereas she was sleeping beside me. I stared at her sleeping face, she was sleeping peacefully. I laid my head on her chest, I could feel her breathe, I could smell her scent, God I missed her so much. Suddenly I felt her hand on my hair, it gently.

“Did I wake you up?”, I looked at her worriedly.

“You did”, she said with smile.

“I’m sorry…”

She chuckled, “come here”, she opened her hands.

I came toward her then, she placed my head on her chest and hugged me tightly.

“I miss you”, I finally said.

“Miss you too, miss you so much”

“But you are always busy”, I broke the hug and pouted at her.

“I’m sorry, I have a lot of work to do”, she pulled me toward her again pecked my forehead.

“I know”

“Hey I have an idea”

“um…… what……”

“How about you visit me at my office tomorrow and bring me lunch food?”

I couldn’t help but smiling as I heard that, “is that okay?”

“Of course!”

I smiled at her and hugged her then, “my stupid hubby is smart!”

“What do you mean by your ‘stupid’ hubby is ‘smart’?”

“Umm... that’s the fact. You can be a smart and a stupid person in the same time”

“Yah… I’m not stupid”

“You are…”

“AM not”

 

 

On the next morning, I woke up earlier to prepare Amber’s cloth, and after we had breakfast with grandpa, I asked Luna unnie to accompany me to buy the ingredients to make Amber’s favorite food.

“She likes Taco, Soo Jung”

“W…what? Ta…ko?”

“Taco, it’s Mexican food”

“Mexican? But I know nothing about Mexican food, unnie”

“Don’t worry. Let’s buy the ingredients and I’ll help you to make taco”

“Really???”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

I walked awkwardly to reach Amber’s office room, a uniformed girl named Kim Hyo yeon was walking beside me, led me to go to Amber’s room.

All the people in that building was staring at me, I could hear they whispered, “she’s Young Miss Liu”, “Young Liu’s wife is here”, “Beautiful”, “Finally she’s here”. They really made me feel so awkward.

“We’re here Young Miss”, Kim Hyo yeon said as we arrived in front of a room, she put her hand on censor machine and suddenly the door was opened automatically, we stepped in then.

“Soo Jung??”

I heard someone called my name, and I felt so happy when I spotted Vic unnie in that room, “Vic unnie!!”

Vic unnie came toward me, “Uh… thank you for accompanied her Hyo Yeon sshi. You can leave now”, Vic unnie said.

I bowed politely to Hyo Yoen, “thank you very much”

“My pleasure Young Miss. Excuse me”, she said and left us then.

 

“Soo Jung what are you doing here? Did Amber know that you’re here?”

“She asked me to visit her and bring her lunch food, Unnie”

“Aigoo aigooo… this couple… okay, I’ll bring you to her office then. But you need to hide behind me, okay?”

I nodded with smile.

“Follow me”, Vic unnie said, I followed her then. We just stepped for few meters and suddenly, “stop”, Vic unnie whispered. She knocked the door in front of us then.

“Come in!”, I heard Amber’s voice from inside. “Is there something important?”, I heard she asked Vic unnie as Vic unnie came in.

“No.. Just… Ahemm… do you have time, Amber? I’m gonna give you something”

“Later unnie, I’m so busy right now”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to give it right now?”

“Yeah. Just give me later okay? Or put it on that table”

“Fine, I’ll put it here”

Vic unnie grabbed my wrist and pulled me then. “Where should I put it, Amber?”

“Uhh… put it over th”, Amber looked up and she stopped her words as she saw me, “Soo Jung??!!”, she immediately came toward me. “Soo Jung…”, she hugged me tightly.

“Yah! You said you’re busy right now!”, Vic unnie .

“Why did you play prank on me, unnie?!”

“Because you two are cute! Hahahahaha.. okay, I think I should go, enjoy your time guys!”, she said playfully and left us.

 

“Here”, I handed Amber the lunch box.

“What is this?”, she took it, she grabbed my wrist and we took seat on the sofa then, “Umm… it smells really good, can I open it now?”

I nodded.

Amber opened the lunch box and I saw her eyes became wider as she saw the tacos inside, “Tacos?? You made this???”

“Luna unnie helped me to make this. But I forgot to bring the spoon and stuff, so do you mind if you eat it with your hand?”

“Not at all. You taught me to eat with hand remember?”

I just smiled. I saw she took the taco with her hand then ate it.

“How is it? I just knew about Taco today, this is my first time”

“Umm… Soo Jung, I’m sorry but I need to tell you about this”

My heart stopped beating as I heard Amber’s words.

“Soo Jung………………………………………………………………………THIS IS SO DELICIOUS!!”

“Yah!!”, I slapped her arm, “don’t make me afraid!!”

“Hahahahahahahaha… I’m sorry Soo Jungie, just kidding… but seriously, this is so delicious.. you’re a good wife”, she patted my head.

Suddenly I felt something was vibrating in my hand bag. I checked it, it was my cell phone. “Who is this?”, I said as I saw the strange number on the its screen, “Hello?”

“………………………How are you, Soo Jung?”, I heard the guy’s voice.

“Good. Who is this?”

“………………………don’t you remember me? I attended your wedding, Soo Jung”

I frowned, I took a look at Amber then, but she was busy with the tacos. “I’m sorry, but I don’t remember”

“I’m your uncle in law, Soo Jung… or should I call you……………………Krystal?”