Pretty Woman Chapter 12

Pretty Woman

Amber POV

“Morning, Kitten”

‘Was that grandpa’s voice? What did Grandpa call her?’, “kitten?”, I looked at them with puzzled look.

“Uh…yeah grandpa always called me that when we played UNO”

I thought I was deaf, “…………………………………………you…”, I turned my head to grandpa, “…………………and grandpa………….”

I frowned, I couldn’t believe what I heard, ‘Am I deaf or… Soo Jung and grandpa……………what?’

“Uh… Professor Moon said, this kitten is so smart. I couldn’t believe that, so I……uh…”

“Grandpa challenged me to play chess, but I don’t have chess so we played UNO”

I still couldn’t believe what they said. Grandpa? Playing? Playing was not his thing. And… okay, I know grandpa always had interest in smart people, and he liked chess so much, once he said, people who play chess are smart.

I was still in my shock and suddenly Soo Jung poked my shoulder. “Grandpa is better than you”, she teased me.

“What??”, I pouted, “hey I’m a newbie remember?”

“Grandpa is a newbie too”, she smirked.

I glanced at my grandpa and it was like he tried to hide his smile and kept his prestige.

“I’ve learned a lot now, I’ll defeat you”, I said to Soo Jung.

“Let’s see”

“Fine! let’s play now!”

“Play what?”, another voice was heard, I knew that voice, it was Luna’s. “EAT YOUR BREAKFAST NOW!”

 

***      

 

“Amber, your turn”, Soo Jung said.

“I know”, I said as stared at my cards, I picked the red one card, I threw it, “UNO”

“Grandpa, your turn”, Soo Jung said again.

“kay… wait… I’m thinking………umm……… here”, he threw the one yellow card. I still couldn’t believe that my grandpa was sitting with us and playing UNO.

“My turn. Here”, Soo Jung threw yellow seven card.

I smirked, I had only a card left, and my card was the black one that stronger then the others. But suddenly something appeared on my mind, ‘but if I throw this one, grandpa will be defeated’, I felt so guilt, but finally…………………………….. “here”, I threw it.

“Awww…… I can’t believe this, Amber is a winner”, Soo Jung said.

“Told ya”, I smirked.

“I lose”, I heard my grandpa sighed.

I felt so guilty when I looked at him. I had never argued him since I was kid, and I didn’t want to be a sassy grandchild.

“I’m sorry grandpa”, I said.

“Oh come on Amber… it’s just a game”, Soo Jung said, “don’t take it serious, okay? Let’s play again!”, she said playfully.

“She’s right. Let’s play again”, I couldn’t believe what just grandpa said to me.  It was like the man in front of me wasn’t my grandpa, he wasn’t my grumpy grandpa. I couldn’t hide the smile on my face, ‘what did Soo Jung do to him?’

 

***      

 

It was late, I was sitting on the couch while having a cup of coffee. I smiled, remembering about the last morning with Soo Jung and my grandpa. I remembered how fun it was. When I was kid, I had never played something funny with my grandpa, he showed his affection to me with his rules, he always gave me books on my birthday, once I asked him a toy car, and he bought me a real car and he said, “you can go to the book store or library with this car, I give a driver too”. That time I was so disappointed, I wanted a toy to be played, not a real car.

But Soo Jung, I wondered how did Soo Jung make my grandpa playing?

“Josephine”, I felt someone tapped my shoulder, it was Soo Jung.

“Yes Soo Jungie?”

She took a seat beside me then, “I’m so happy about grandpa”

I smiled at her, “How did you do that?”, I asked.

She frowned, “Did what?”

“My grandpa. How did he become like that?”

Soo Jung smiled shyly, “Don’t know. Maybe Professor Moon said something about me to him, or maybe I impressed him with UNO? Actually, I don’t really care about that, I’m so happy grandpa is getting nice to me”

“I’m happy too, Soo Jung. I’m still shock that grandpa wanted to play UNO with us. He’s a serious man, he hates joke, and he always treats me like a robot. When I was kid he had never played with me, he always seemed so serious”

“Amber.. Have you ever thought that maybe grandpa became like that not because he wanted to”

I frowned, “what do you mean?”

“Just like you, grandpa knows nothing about happiness, and fun. That’s why he became like that. I know, he loves you so much as his grandchild, not a robot”

I was completely stupefied by Soo Jung’s words. I had never thought that grandpa felt what I felt too.

“Every time I play with him, he sometimes didn’t realize his reactions, I saw he smiled sometimes, and he looked like you”

“………………………………….”

“The smile looked like a miracle on his face. You know Amber, why do I always forbid you to smile?”

I shook my head.

“Because it’s too beautiful, just like a miracle. And I don’t want to be hypnotized by you”

I was so speechless. I could say nothing but kept thinking the meaning of Soo Jung’s words.

“Huuufh…… tomorrow is still Sunday, how about go to somewhere with grandpa?”

“………………………………………………..”

“Amber?”

“Uh? O…okay, I’ll try to tell him about that tomorrow morning”

“Yay!!”, Soo Jung jumped, “it’s late. Let’s sleep stupid hubby”

“Uh… go ahead, I’m still having coffee”

“Fine”, she was about to walk but suddenly she turned back to me, “Amber..”

“Hmm?”

Soo Jung narrowed her eyes, “do you like girls?”

“W…What???”

“I know you were born as female, but you grown as a male. And you have never touched me up until now. I’m wondering your orientation”

“What???”, I didn’t know how to react the Soojungie’s stupid question. I took a deep breathe and exhaled then, “You said I’m still a stranger for you. That’s why I haven’t touched you, even though it’s so hard for me to handle my feeling every night. So now, you can analyze my orientation, okay?”, I stood up, “I’ll go to kitchen”

 

***      

 

 

Krystal POV

“You said I’m still a stranger for you. That’s why I haven’t touched you, even though it’s so hard for me to handle my feeling every night. So now, you can analyze my orientation, okay?”. Those words always repeated on my mind. Did Amber just confess me about her feeling and her orientation? ‘She said she handled her feeling every night, what did she mean? Does she want ………….to……………..touch me?’

I couldn’t close my eyes, Amber was sleeping beside me. I turned my head to her. Her eyes was closed, still she looked very handsome. I looked at her face, her jaw, her neck, those shoulders, they were a lil bit muscular, her chest……that flat chest…

“No no no…”, I shook my head. Suddenly I felt Amber moved then, ‘did I wake her up?’

“Hmmm…”, Amber rubbed her eyes, “Nightmare?”, she asked me.

“Y…Yes”, I lied.

Amber got up, she took the blanket and wrapped it on my body. She tapped her hand on my stomach then, “sleep”

‘Amber…’

 

***      

 

“Soo Jung, wake up…”

Someone whispered to my ear.

“Soo Jung…”

My eyes were so heavy to be opened.

“Grandpa is waiting for you”

As I heard that I immediately opened my eyes and got up, and I saw Amber next to me.

“Will we go to somewhere today?”, I asked her.

She nodded.

“With grandpa?”

She nodded again.

“REALLY??!!!”                                                                                          

“We’ll waiting for you at the dining room, we have to breakfast before go, okay?”

“OKAY!”

Amber smiled, “too excited like usual”

“Hey Josephine”

“Yes Soo Jungie?”

“Where are we up to?”

“Art exhibition”

My eyes became wider as I heard that. “Sounds interesting! Yes yes yes!!”

 

***                                                                                                             

 

I had never expected that I would hang out with an arrogant old man like grandpa. I had never expected that grandpa would accept me to be the part of Liu family. I didn’t know what I did to him, but he was getting nice to me. But I knew something about him, he was a lonely old man, he knew nothing but wealth, throne, and prestige. I didn’t know why but every time I saw him, it reminded me to my grandma. I hadn’t done something worth for my grandma until she died, could I do something worth for grandpa?

It took about thirty minutes before we finally arrived at the exhibition. The exhibition was located in a luxury hotel’s hall. There were so many paintings were showed there. Honestly I didn’t know much about paintings.

“Which one do you like, Amber?”, grandpa asked.

“Umm… I need to look around”, Amber answered.

“Pick one, and give me the reason why do you like that. I’ll go to meet my friend. Kitten, you can pick one too”

I glanced at Amber with puzzled look but she was just smiling.

“I’m leaving”, grandpa said then left us.

 

“Let’s take a look around”, Amber held my wrist.

“But Amber…”

“Hm?”

“I know nothing about painting”

“Umm………tell me the name of painting that you know”

“Uhh…just Monalisa?”

“Uh……what do you know about monalisa?”

“Monalisa…………. People said she’s pretty, but for me she’s ugly”

“………………………………….HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…”

“Yah! Why are you laughing?!”

“No… You……… HAhahahahahaha”

“Yah! Stop it!”, I slapped her shoulder.

“Fine… fine…”

“Hey Amber look!”, I pointed my index finger to the second floor.

“What?”, Amber looked at my index finger’s direction, “music?”

I nodded excitedly.

“Do you like music?”

I nodded excitedly.

Amber smiled, “Let’s go there!”, she grabbed my wrist and we went to the second floor then

As we arrived at the second floor, I was amazed by many music instruments that were shown there, they looked so beautiful and elegant. Some of them were played and I enjoyed it so much. Suddenly my eyes were pounded to a white grand piano, it was really beautiful. Actually since I was in elementary school, I had interest in piano, and I learned some songs from my art teacher.

“Amber…”

“Yes?”

“Let’s go there”, I grabbed Amber’s wrist and we walked toward the white grand piano. “Beautiful…”, I whispered.

“Can you play it, Soo Jung?”

“Umm……just some songs”

“Really? Can you play it now?”

“What? Nooo Amber, I’m not an ex…”

“Excuse me!”, Amber raised her hand to a property guard.

“Amber.. what are you doing?”

The property guard came to us, “can I help you, Sir?”

“Can my wife try this piano? We’re going to buy it”

My eyes became wider as I heard that.

“Oh, sure, Sir”, the property guard pulled the piano chair then, “please, ma’am”

I looked at Amber doubtfully, she smiled at me, “come on”, she said.

I took a deep breathe and exhaled. I took a seat on the piano chair then. I put my fingers on the piano keys, I closed my eyes, and started to play a song, a song from Beethoven titled ‘Moonlight Sonata’.

 

(Krystal was playing this song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck

 

***                                                                                                             

 

 

Author’s POV

The crowded situation had changed as a beautiful song was heard in the whole of the hall. People were hypnotized by the sound of piano that played beautifully.

“Listen. It’s a song from Beethoven, the title is ‘Moonlight Sonata’. Beautiful right?”, an old man with white tux said to the two old men beside him.

“You’re a real musician. Honestly, I don’t know much about music but……I admit it, this song is really beautiful”, another old man said, “do you like music, Liu?”, he asked to another old man.

“I do. I know this song, and I love classical music”, the old man called Liu said.

The three of old men were walking around the music hall, one of them was a famous old musician in Korea.

“Look. She’s the one who playing the song”, the old man pointed to a young woman that was playing a white grand piano. “She’s very young and talented. Look at her”

“She’s beautiful and elegant”, another old man said.

But another one kept silent and stupefied as he saw the young lady who was playing the piano.

“What do you think about her, Liu?”

“………………………………………………………..”

“I think Liu is carrying away by her playing”

“She’s my Grand daughter in law”, suddenly the old man named Liu spoke.

“Really??”

“Wow… she’s amazing Liu!”

“………………………………………….She is”, old man Liu said. He couldn’t help but smile seeing his grand daughter in law was playing a song beautifully, he didn’t expect that girl could play a piano elegantly. He always underestimated that girl before, since she’s an orphan, but seeing her now with the white grand piano, he felt really proud.

Suddenly a ringtone of a cell phone was heard, “it’s mine”, said old man Liu, he answered the phone then, “Good afternoon”

“………………Father”

Old man Liu’s eyes became wider as he heard that voice from his cell phone, he immediately went to the corner, “Jeremy………”

“What kind of Father are you? You let me caught and shut in that asylum. I’m not even crazy. I thought after my brother’s death you’ll realize that I’m your son too”

“Where are you?!”

“Ssstttt…… I escaped, and now I’m hiding in somewhere”

“………………………………………”

“Father, I promise you, I’ll crush Liu Enterprise as soon as possible”

“………………………………………..”