Chapter 8

Scar

 

"Changsun, yeobo, you should be resting. Come, let me tuck you into bed." Kan Mi reached out a hand, wrapping it around his big fingers and pulling him towards the bed.
 
"Don't touch me!" Joon tore away from her - wincing at the stretched stitches of his shoulder - before he glared back. "Just get out before anybody gets here - before you get hurt."
 
"Oh, Sunnie-ah," Kan Mi's face contorted into what would be a caring smile - if it could've even done that. "Don't worry, Mir can't hurt you now. He'll never come between us again."
 
"He never came between us in the first place! You're the one who - " The anger seeped out of Joon as soon as he looked to the doorway. Where Mir was slowly entering the room. "Mir..."
 
"Mir?!" Kan Mi turned around and her eyes zeroed in on the moving body. The moving body moving past her and into Joon's arms. "No. No, no you can't be here. Security!" She ran to the door and leaned out, screaming even louder. "Security! Somebody's harassing this patient! Security!"
 
"Mir, are you okay? She hasn't gotten to you? Mir, please tell me you're okay." Joon's hands convered everywhere over Mir's face, eyes looking for any detail out of place.
 
"Joon, why didn't you tell me about her? She's been harassing you for three months!" Mir grasped Joon's smock. It was a familiar feeling, Joon's touch.
 
"Uhm, guys - security." Seungho tried to gain their attention again as the muscle-men in muscle shirts walked closer. Joon pulled Mir around in his arms, hiding him away behind his IV drip.
 
"Security - what's the problem?" Kan Mi smiled wide, with uneven teeth and malicious intent, and opened and gestured to Joon and Mir.
 
" - This woman," Joon spoke before she could, "barged in here and refuses to leave, no matter how much I tell her to. Please take her away from here."
 
"Me? What? No! No, no, no! I'm not the one you want, he is! Mir! Mir's the bad guy! He's the one you want! He's the one that put Joon in here! He's been abusing Joon forever! He tricked him into pretending to be gay! He's the one you want!" Kan Mi gestured widly between the two groups of men. One man at the back slowly stepped out and checked the name on the wall. Afterwards he nodded to his collegues and the one closest hooked his hands beneath Kan Mi's arms. "What?! No! Let me go! You have the wrong person! No! Don't let him trick you again! Mir!" And for the one second she pulled away from the security, Ahn Kan Mi locked eyes with Mir. Dark eyes that were obvious in their want, their obsession, scared Mir. "I swear to God, you will not get away with this! I swear, Mir! Me and Joon will be together! You can't keep him forever!" And she was out of range to be seen.
 
MBLAQ took a collective sigh, with Joon and Mir taking the private chance for a proper embrace. GO checked back and forth, just to make sure Kan Mi was really gone.
 
"Why didn't you say what she's been doing to you? You made it sound like she was just some clever fan that snuck in." Mir looked up at his boyfriend. "Joon?"
 
Joon shrugged. "That's all she is. If I make her anything more, it might go to her head and she might get worse." Joon smiled and Mir could feel the space between them get shorter and shorter.
 
But that was because Joon was falling his weight onto him. MBLAQ all flinched together, but Mir slowly dragged him back to his bed. All tucked in and comfortable, Joon grasped his hand with a smile. "When I woke up...they said you wouldn't visit. Why wouldn't you visit me?"
 
Mir bit his lip, avoiding his boyfriend's eyes for a second. "There, uh...there was a message. When your car blew up. There was a note."
 
"But - " Seungho pinched Thunder in the side before he could speak. He moved Thunder and GO out of the room and it was just the two of them.
 
Joon looked back up at him, at his quiet Mir. "Mir...I didn't tell you about her because...I didn't want you to get hurt. I mean - we've all had crazy fans. I didn't think it would turn so....out of control. And then that misfire on set..."
 
Mir shook his head, forcing a smile. "It's okay - I completely understand. It's just..." He tried to laugh and he gestured at the bed. "I just wish you would've told me about this. Y'know...so I could've helped you. Joined you." Another laugh was forced out.
 
Joon sat up a little straighter. His face was much more serious - without the joy of seeing his lover unharmed. "Mir...I wasn't supposed to survive that. That was so she couldn't hurt you anymore. I know it wasn't the best idea, but...you could've made it without me."
 
Thankfully a chair was beneath him as Mir fell back from the shock. "Without you? Joon, MBLAQ is one thing. But you have no idea how I felt when I thought that you had died without me even knowing. Everything just stopped. And you think that was supposed to protect me? That sounds more selfish on your part than anything else. And I hate it. So don't do something that stupid ever again, okay?"
 
Joon's smile returned and he wrapped their hands together. "Okay. I promise to always be by your side."
 
Mir smiled back, truly, and he stood. His hand joined Joon's on the outside. "We'll fight against Kan Mi together - if she comes back that is." Joon laughed and Mir felt better for causing it. "But now, you need to rest." He leaned down and gave Joon a kiss on the forehead. "That was what I was sent here to do in the first place."
 
Joon pouted. "What? No kiss for the prince?"
 
Mir pouted right back, faux angry. "That's for scaring me half to death." He pulled away. "You'll get your kiss when you're better."
 
Joon laughed and he waved his hand as Mir walked out. "Night Night, Mir. I love you."
 
Mir blushed, but he didn't hide it. He waved back, feet moving slower and slower. "I love you, too." He turned around and walked down the hallway. "I love you, too." He whispered.
 
The smile on his face wouldn't go away.