Chapter 3

Scar

 

At seven AM, MBLAQ was already in a dressing room. There were no stylists that day, so they were forced to do their make-up themselves. This, of course, was the perfect opportunity for Joon to flirt with his boyfriend.
 
“Oh Mieru~” He wrapped his arms around the maknae, landing a kiss on Mir’s neck with a devilish smile.
 
Mir was smiling back at him through the mirror. “Yes, Joonie-hyung?”
 
“Our schedule ends at seven today. And we have nothing to do tomorrow either.”
 
“Yeah, it’s gonna be nice to rest for a bit.”
 
Joon put on a pout. “Well, we could rest for a little bit. Or…”
 
Mir turned his head around to look at Joon. “Or?”
 
“Or we could finally go on a date.  Y’know, a little dinner, a little lovin’…” And Mir was laughing when he felt the butterfly kisses scatter all around his neck. And that laugh made Joon laugh back. “What do you say?”
 
When Mir looks back with expectant eyes, Joon is smiling at him all the way up to his eyes. “A real date?”
 
“A real date.”
 
Mir blushed and turned back to the mirror. “Okay - let’s do it!”
 
Joon just kept smiling and he gave one last kiss to his boyfriend’s cheek before he sat down to his own make-up table.
 
After work, Joon wouldn’t tell him anything. Mir thought he must’ve been planning this date for a while, because he kept saying that he wanted everything to be a surprise. That, or he kept making plans during their recordings. Which Joon would never do, because Joon loved his work.
 
“Oh Cheolyong-ah~” Mir blinked and suddenly, Joon was really close to his face. Mir blushed, looking down to his lap. “What’s going on in that head of yours? Hmm? Excited for tonight?” Joon looked him up and down like a piece of meat. “Maybe…a bit too excited?”
 
Mir was positively beat red. “Shouldn’t you be concentrating on driving?”
 
“We’re here.”
 
“We are?!” Mir looked out the window. It was a simple restaurant, with ahjummas for waitresses. But the best part of it was “Chicken Stir-fry?” He turned around and looked at Joon. “My favorite food?”
 
Joon nodded. His hand reached out and pulled Mir to him. “Did you think we’d be eating anything else?” As soon as he saw Mir get even a little bit embarrassed , he was kissing him.
 
Mir had never felt so hyper in his entire life. Sitting with the most wonderful boyfriend in the world, waiting for a probably fantastic tasting plate of chicken fried rice, and he was  going to have a wonderful night very, very soon. “Joon - I’m so happy!”
 
“Well then, I’m doing a very good job as your boyfriend if you’re happy.” Joon laughed.
 
Mir rolled his eyes. “You’re doing a very good job, Lee Changsun.” He saw the ahjumma exit the kitchen with two plates. “Ooh! Food!” Joon was the one rolling his eyes now. Mir didn’t notice, of course, because he was bouncing in his seat. Mir grabbed his fork fiercely and shoved in a forkful - a wonderful, tasty  forkful. “This is so delicious!”
 
“Of course it is - it’s your favorite food.” Joon rolled his eyes and began to eat his own food.
 
Except Mir wasn’t letting him; Mir was holding his hand so Joon had to look up to his gentle features. “No - it’s delicious because I’m eating it with a wonderful boyfriend.” He pulled Joon closer and Joon had to hold in his laughter at the foolish eyebrow dance Mir put on. “A wonderfully delicious boyfriend.”
 
“Watch yourself, Bang Cheolyong. We still have tonight.” Joon gave his own raised eyebrow. And he succeeded in turning Mir even redder.
 
------------------------------------
 
“Ah!~  That was the best meal in my whole entire life!” Mir stretched outside, walking back to the car without even opening his eyes.
 
Which turned into surprise when Joon pulled him in the opposite direction. “Uhm, Joonie-hyung, the car - ”
 
“Why would we take the car when the dorm is just down the street?” Joon pointed at the familiar building.
 
“Wai - This place is seriously just down the street from the dorm?! How did I not know this?!”
 
Joon laughed. “Because we’re so busy, Mieru. Now come on - I want to get back to the dorm as quick as possible.” He laced his fingers together with Mir’s.
 
Walking was peaceful, with nobody else on the sidewalk to notice them, they could walk without trying to hide. It was a load off their mind, to just feel like a normal couple.
 
Mir suddenly kissed Joon’s cheek when they stopped at a red light. As soon as it turned green, he whispered, “Race ya!” And ran off.
 
“Oh, you are dead, Mir!” And Joon was right on his heels.
 
Mir didn’t stop running until he was inside the elevator. And at the last moment, Joon had slipped in and the doors closed behind him. “You cheated.”
 
“No, you’re just slow on the uptake.” Mir teased.
 
Joon narrowed his eyes and in that second, Mir turned into a prey. He took two steps forward and Mir took a step back and he was into the wall. “You. Cheated.” Joon repeated. “And you should be punished.” Mir blushed and Joon’s devilish smile spread. The elevator doors opened with a ding.
 
---------------------------
 
It had been less than a few hours ago that Mir was with Joon, in his arms, melding into his body, feeling him with everything his heart had and…and just because he fell asleep, Joon went and…
 
Mir closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around the pillow even tighter. It still had Joon’s scent, and if he tried really, really hard, he could trick himself into thinking he was hugging Joon, if just for a moment. But then…he had to realize that he wasn’t.
 
“Why did you do it, Joonie? Was it something I did? Why couldn’t you tell me? Why did you leave me with all these questions?” Mir could feel the tears in his eyes and he buried his head into the pillow.
 
“Mir? Can I…Can I come in?” GO didn’t really wait for a response when he was opened the door. Mir hid himself away in the corner of the wall and the bed. GO took the other side. “Are you feeling…okay?” Mir shrugged without giving one look to GO. GO noticed the tear-streaks across his face and reached out to the maknae. But Mir wouldn’t let him touch, clinging to the pillow instead.
 
“Was it nice? The…the date last night?”
 
Mir nodded. “Did you know there was a chicken fried rice restaurant right down the street?”
 
GO bunched his eyebrows together. “A chicken fried rice Restaurant? Uh….the only restaurant on the street is a noodle shop.”
 
“Seriously?” Mir groaned, burying his head fully into the pillow. “I’m such an idiot.”
 
“No you’re not. Joon’s such a romantic fool, you wouldn’t have thought anything if he arranged something just for you.”
 
“Yeah, but I didn’t even question it! What if I woke up today and Joon was - ”
 
“He’s not, okay? You need to remember that part, too. He’s not and as soon as he’s out of the hospital, you can talk to him.”
 
“But what if I’m the reason he…y’know.”
 
GO, for once, actually smiled…or at least tried to. “Mir, if you were really his reason, do you think he would’ve asked a noodle shop to make chicken fried rice just for you?” Mir didn’t know what to say, so he just shrugged. Equally, GO didn’t know what to say.
 
“Joon…he left his car at the restaurant. Do you…can you come with me to get it? I…I don’t think I…”
 
GO stood, “Come on.”