Chapter 7

Scar

 

To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Oppa~ I dreamt about you last night after we met. I remembered our date and I remember that you liked it when I called you Sunnie. Oh!~ I haven't sent you any of the pictures! Be sure to look at them! I can't wait to see you again! ^^
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Oppa, I know you said you don't like me texting you so much, but I just wanted to tell you our last date was wonderful. Just looking in your eyes gives me shivers, ㅋㅋㅋ. So don't be mad, ok??? Please, Sunnie-ah *삐쭉*
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Oppa! TT^TT how long are you going to ignore me? I'm sorry... TT^TT Come on....can't we just kiss and make-up? ^^
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi-yang
From: Joon
 
Ahn Kan Mi-yang, I have been trying to give you the silent treatment in hopes that you would give up, that you would undestand that I am not interested in dating you - at all. So please, stop contacting me
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
U_U Sunnie-ah, I don't want us to fight. You say that I've been talking to you too much? Well, how else am I supposed to show you my love for you? Oppa, I only do it because we are meant to be.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi-yang
From: Joon
 
Ahn Kan Mi-yang, you are a normal person and I am a singer. We are from two different worlds. We will never meet and thus - we are not meant to be. Please, stop contacting me.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I know we're from two different worlds, Oppa. But that just makes our love that much more wonderous. And don't worry about your hectic life - meeting you once is all I need to satisfy me for life. I can feel your love just from talking like this.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi-yang
From: Joon
 
That's not what I meant and I know you know that, too. Ahn Kan Mi-yang, understand - I don't love you. I will never love you. And at this point, you are starting to get on my nerves. If you don't stop, you are going to make me start hating you.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
But Sunnie-ah~....okay, okay. Obviously work is very stressful right now and you need some time to yourself. Alright, I'll wait until the next time we meet. Until then, lovely.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Oh my god, Sunnie-ah~ I don't think you could've been anymore of a genius if you tried. Waiting a month for a date - wow. I don't think I've ever felt so...thrilled. That little break we had - it was worth it. To see you after so long, to meet your eyes - it was wondrous.
 
But, uhm, you might want to ease back around your members. I heard some of your fans think you and Mir-ah together. You don't want people seeing you as a big flaming gay, do you? ㅋㅋ
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi-yang
From: Joon
 
Ahn Kan Mi-yang, I had thought that you had finally understood that I don't love you and I never will. So here I will try again to be nice.
 
I don't love you. We have never dated. All those times you have seen me are the performances of MBLAQ. You need professional help if you believe that I have been performing for you alone - I'm sorry that sounds as harsh as it, but it is true. Now please, do not contact me any further.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Sunnie-ah~...I'm sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean to upset you when I said that about your Mir-ah. I'm sure he's not a . I just wanted to warn about how you two have been acting lately. Don't be mad, ok yeobo?
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi-yang
From: Joon
 
Alright, I am done being nice. I have tried to let you down easy because I am not one to be cruel, but you have left me no choice.
 
Do you know why me and Mir have been so close? Because we have been dating practically since debut. I am in love with Mir and will always be in love with Mir. And Mir is not you. So leave me alone.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
You...you've been cheating on me? And on Mir-ah....I...I just can't...
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I can't stay mad at you - not after a date like that. You're just so handsome and funny and a wonderful person. It's okay that you cheated on me - even if it is with a boy.
 
But are you sure this is okay with Mir-ah? Don't you think you're endangering your friendship with him and the ability to work together in as a group?
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
Mir is perfectly fine with it because Mir doesn't know about you because there is no need for you in my life. You are an obsessed fan, now please leave me alone.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
You're cheating on him and he doesn't even know?! Sunnie-ah~, I love you, but you can't do that! You must tell him.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
I don't need to tell him because there is nothing to tell. Stop contacting me.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
....Yeobo, if you're scared, I'll tell him for you.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
What?! Excuse me? Tell him what? That you're a crazy fan who thinks I'm in love with her?!
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
He needs to know, Sunnie-ah~
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
He doesn't need to know anything because there is nothing between us.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Sunnie-ah~, you need to tell him that you've been cheating on me with him for the past three months.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
Cheating on - there is nothing between us! You're delusional!
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I know you're scared about hurting Mir-ah. That's why I'll tell him for you.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
Stay away from Mir, or else I will find you and kill you myself.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I didn't want to do this, but I guess I have to.
 
Sunnie-ah~, if you don't tell Mir, I'll show him the pictures of us.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
Did you not hear me. Do not come near Mir or me. Go get the help you need and leave us alone
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
Did you....I mean...are you the one that tampered with the explosives?
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I just wanted to remind you to tell Mir about me and you
 
I'll tell him for you, if you want. Remember that.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
There is no us! Leave us alone!
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Ah~ I see why you're so hesitant. Mir's abusing you, isn't he? He's being very possessive, isn't he? I've been noticing you haven't been talking to your other members lately.
 
Don't worry, Sunnie-ah~, when I tell him, you won't suffer anymore.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
The one abusing me is you! Leave me alone!
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Sunnie-ah~, I just want to tell you that I'm going to tell Mir next friday.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
Stay away from Mir.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
It's all set up. When he comes homes from work, I'll tell him.
 
---------------
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
You hurt him and you will regret it.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I can't wait for it to be just me and you. I'm sure Mir-ah will give us his blessings.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Oh Sunnie-ah!~ ^^ Are you okay?! What did Mir do to you?! I could've never believed a sweet person like your maknae could've made you do something like that? Don't worry - now that Mir's gotten my message, I don't think he'll hurt you ever again.
 
Get well soon, yeobo.
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Sunnie-ah~, I'm coming to visit you. Prepare to feel wonderful <3 ^^
 
---------------
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
Sunnie-ah!!!~~ Your sister's being mean to me! TT^TT hu hu. I can't believe you never told her about me. Even after being together for three months? Oppa~ we're meant to be together forever.
 
--------------------------------------------------
 
Mir fell on the bed. Like the texts had taken a punch straight into his chest; he looked at nothing in particular, but spaced out as everything sank in.
 
Dear God, he had misunderstood everything. And what was worse, he thought Joon had been cheating on him when his boyfriend - his wonderful, wonderful boyfriend - had jumped off the roof of their dorm to save his life. Joon, cheating - how could he have thought that? Oh god, he'd been a horrible boyfriend. To think so lowly of Joon - especially when Joon laid near death in a cold hospital bed. Oh dear god, what was wrong with him?
 
The phone dropped from his hands. His head followed after and looking at the floor was all he could do to not burst into tears. What kept him from breaking down as he had that first day was Seungho rushing through the door. "Hyung?" He wondered as Seungho wrapped a firm hand around his forearm and yanked him up.
 
"I don't care what beef you have with Joon, but right now he's up and apparently, you are the only one who can make him get any rest." Seungho dragged him along the halls, and down to the car.
 
"What? Joon...Joon's awake?"
 
"Yeah, and apparently he's walking around fighting with some girl."
 
Some girl. Mir felt his breath stop. Ahn Kan Mi.