Chapter 2

Scar

 

Mir wasn't ready to wake up yet when Thunder came in and started shaking his shoulders like mad. "Doongie-ah, I want to sleep. I promise, I'll be up before we have to leave." He groaned and turned over, trying to go back to sleep.
 
"Mir, this isn't about schedule. This is really important. You need to wake up now. Wake up." Something in Thunder's voice had him sitting up. And something in Thunder's terrified face made him realize something bad was going on. "Get dressed, hurry."
 
"Wait, why? Thunder, what's - " That was all he got; Thunder left the room in a heartbeat.
 
What was going on? Was he in trouble? Were he and Joon caught? Speaking of which, where was Joon? Did he already wake up and they were just now getting to him? What was going on that had Thunder so scared?
 
When Mir walked into the main room, there were three police officers crowding around, along with their manager and Rain, not to mention his fidgeting members. "What's going on?"
 
s looked at him and the looks in their eyes had him feeling uneasy. Thunder stood up and led him to sit down on the couch.
 
"Cheolyong-ah, we need you to be calm about this. You can't freak out" Seungho explained.
 
Mir forced himself to laugh. "Hyung, I think I'm about to freak out if somebody doesn't tell me what's going on right now." When the joke didn't receive well, Mir looked down into his lap.
 
Thunder picked up the remote and took one of Mir's hands inside his own. "Prepare yourself." And he the TV.
 
At 4:30 this morning, MBLAQ idol Lee Joon Changsun fell off his dorm onto the roof of a commuter's car. Changsun-shi has sustained serious injuries to his skull and spinal cord, causing severe damage to his entire skeletal body. At this moment, he is in the intensive care unit of Seoul's National Hospital.
 
Mir felt his breath just stop, no matter how much or how quickly he breathed, he couldn't. Thunder wrapped his arms around him, trying to get his friend to calm down. In his trance, he noticed that GO was on his other side, holding his other hand.
 
The reporter continued to talk.
 
I have just been informed that in addition to the injuries received from falling 12 floors onto a car, Changsun-shi's stomach has been found to also been filled with five times the prescribed dosage of anti-depressant medications. These pieces of information pulled together have the police concluding this event as a failed suicide attempt made by Changsun-shi.
 
"What?!" Mir shot up, looking straight to the officers in the room. "Suicide?! Joon-hyung would never commit suicide!"
 
"Mir-ah, calm down. Sit down. Come on, sit down." GO pulled him down, rubbing his hands over the maknae's back in an attempt to comfort him.
 
"Mir-shi, you need to look at the evidence. Lee Changsun, he's admitted to being manic depressive. He had the pills in his stomach and the fact that he fell from the top of this dorm - it couldn't have been anything but suicide." The officer reasoned.
 
"But…last night, he and I, we - ­oh my god" The tears in his eyes turned into sobs quickly and his head was in his hands before he could even think about it. GO and Thunder wrapped him in a tight hug - but he barely felt it.
 
He didn't see the officers look at him and then between their manager and Rain. Rain was the one to ask the question crossing all their minds. "What happened last night, Cheolyong?"
 
Mir sniffled, looking up to his teacher. He tried to speak through the tears. "Bi-sunbae, me and Joonie-hyung, ­we've been, ­we've been going out for ­a few years and last night, ­last night" Mir pushed a little against s and sat up, now that he had composed himself just a little. "It was the first night we had off in a while and Joon, ­he wanted us to have a real date. A romantic dinner, a walk, and then, we came back here and - everything was just so perfect. He couldn't have been thinking about suicide."
 
Another officer stepped forward, fidgeting with his own hands. "Mir-shi, I'm afraid to tell you this, but those who attempt suicide have been known to create a 'perfect scenario' right before they...­you know. It's sort of a physical suicide note." Mir's eyes went wide and the officer was kicked by his co-workers. He felt shameful and stepped back.
 
Seungho crossed the room and kneeled before the maknae. "It's bad news. But we need to focus on the fact that it's a failed attempt. Joon's still alive and we can help him get better once he leaves the hospital."
 
Mir looked at his leader and as the words sunk in, he nodded. He looked up at the officers. "Can we see him?"
 
The third officer finally spoke. "They are not even letting his family to see him. I'm sorry, Mir-shi."
 
Mir nodded. "I want to be alone for a bit." He didn't wait for anyone to give him permission to leave; he just stood and walked back to his room.