Chapter 10

Scar

 

Kan Mi laid along the length of her bed, eyes staring intently at the screen of her phone. Any minute now, the nurses would exchange Joon's IV and Joon would fall asleep. Everything would be so easy - she'd be able to take him home, just like he wanted. Without that evil Mir, without the pressure of being an idol - they'd be happy together.
 
6:57 - Any minute now...
 
Her phone began to ring.
 
It surprised her. She'd set an alarm, yes, but it wasn't supposed to go off for another three minutes. And imagine her shock when the caller ID read 'Sunnie-ah~' She answered the text quickly.
 
To: Ahn Kan Mi
From: Joon
 
I can't believe how blind I was. I just caught Mir trying to poison me. You were right, Kan Mi-ah. I'm so sorry. How can you ever forgive me?
 
I need to see you. I escaped the hospital and I'm waiting for you. Do you remember where we first met? Oh but we've met so many times. I'll tell you, just because I want to remember it too. I'm waiting for you at Seoul Park - come meet me by the refreshment kiosk. I'm waiting for you, Kan Mi.
 
Please come quickly. I don't know how long I can bear to not be with you.
 
<3 Sunnie-ah~
 
She couldn't believe it. Of all the things Joon ever did for her, this had to be on the top of the list for why she loved him. Her fingers flew across the keyboard.
 
To: Sunnie-ah~
From: Kan Mi
 
I knew it was only a matter of time before you'd see Mir as he really was, yeobo. Don't worry - we'll be together again soon. I'll be there soon.
 
Wait for me, yeobo.
 
<3 Mi-ah
 
She swung her legs over the mattress and hurried into her closet. She had her outfit picked weeks ago. A wonderful dress that she tailored herself. It was sure to bring Joon to proposing to her on sight. Their love would be defined forever.
 
It might've been easier if she walked about town in the ballroom dress, but she didn't care about it. If people thought she was strange, well, they would be thinking nothing when Joon publicized their relationship. Take that, you infidels.
 
The park was enshrouded in the dark of night, making Kan Mi's heart race. Oh, Joon was probably planning a grand and romantic entrance. Oh, the wondrous man. She leaned against the kiosk, looking about the green area in anticipation.
 
A hand reached out from the kiosk and covered with a piece of cloth. Another hand reached around her waist and pulled her back. Screaming, Kan Mi struggled against the arms. Where was Joon? Joon! Joon!
 
Slowly...the night's darkness stretched all her across her vision.