24; OMG TEXT IT!!

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

Please read before continuing.

People have said some of my spelling and things in my chapters are some-what correct but also not correct.

Notice on the foreward how these are my opinions and not everything will be correct since obviously i am no college student or english teacher who is a nazi towards correctness and grammar. Do not come at me in an attacking way.

I even said that I am writing these chapters WITH OUT checking my spelling because this tip here is for FUN. For my own opinions and prefrences. I don't really care/feel the need to check my spelling because this is for fun and I don't plan on spending an hour or more to re-read my chapters and make sure all spelling is correct.

If my spelling is off, if something in a chapter is wrong in "your opinion" then move on or ignore it. But you do not need to come at me and attack me and say "oh this is " or "Well I WAS gonna use this until I saw you spelled this and that wrong and that this is wrong so therefore everything else is wrong."

Okay first, you are using a fallacy; hasty generalization. If all people where bad spellers does that mean all their stories or tips are wrong ? No. Its like saying someone who can't speak proper english is always trying to insult you. Come on now.  So just a general notice. 

 


 

 

What's the mistake?:

OMG LOL SUNGYEOL JST FELL ON HIS FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOO:

sToP !T y0uR $cArY!!!!!!!!

 

lmfao so i ttly jst txt u last nite but u ddnt rspnd. omfg ttyl bff.

 


 

 

so far I haven't come across this but don't get me wrong, I'm SURE it's out there. remember, we are writing a story... not a text between friends back and forth.

Of course if your characters are texting I can understand but I don't think you need to have your entire story in text formation.

Whats text formation?

Having small abbrevations of words such as: lol, ttyl, lmfao, bff, gf, dtm, dtf, wut, wat, etc etc

Words you would use for texting or for talking to a friend on the internet.

You all get what i mean.

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

How do I correct this?; Well type out the words, stop texting like that, and re-read your things.

But I like using abbrevations for my stories; Go ahead. You can do so and you don't have to.

My characters are talking through msn/chat/skype/text, etc, does that still protain to this?; of coures not. as stated above if your characters are chatting on the computer/laptop, cellphone, or just the internet some how and you use text chat. thats fine, it makes sense. But using text chat for the entire story that isn't based on two people texting or chating doesn't make sense.

As for having obvious and overused/cliche titles?; simply write out your story first and then while you write it and something interesting happens use that event as your title. For example, the nerd girl could be super rich while in reality the kingka is super poor and you could name it, "Opposite Ends" Or something. 

 

Extra tips:

Try texting like you're in an english class. Type out sentences and actual words instead of the abbrevations. It helps break habits.