2O; Insert Links Every Where.

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

What's the mistake?:

One day Stacy got up and pulled on a cute yellow top.She put on matching floral skinny jeans.She put on some red shoes, a red purse, red belt, earrings, and a necklace. Now she looked cute and was ready to go out.


 

Hello! For this chapter I would like to say, guilty as charged. When I first joined AFF(it was not as  this username though) I work a love story of Key and this girl. It was actually really reallly successful. So successful people wanted me to make a sequeal OTL (I made one but never got around to writing it i'm sorry ) Anyways, that story of SHINee's Key was my first story ever here on AFF and in it I used links to describe what I'm thinking about. I loved giving visuals for people because I'm a visual person too.

However, some people really hate it when they are giving visuals. Like faces of your OC characters. They like to imagine themselvesas that character or they like to imagine the way the clothing looks. 

Also, sometimes it annoys your reader to click all those links just to see whats up. Course they can ignore it but with the way you described the outfit, well you really didn't describe at all. "A necklace" Oh what color necklace? "Earrings" Oh? Are they silver, long, studs? "Red shoes" what? Are they sandals, heels, wedges, tennis shoes? Etc etc.

Now I'm not saying you can't use links, I personally don't mind links and then sometimes I do. The only thing I'll say is if you use links be descriptive too and don't rely on just the links. A few weeks later the links may not even work! So you have to be careful.

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

So can I use links or not?; You can, or you don't have to. Thing is, when people use links they get lazy and don't describe it and rely on the links. However, many cases, the links will go bad and you won't get to see what it is she's wearing. People love detail and people also love visuals but note that not all people love visuals and if you give them too much visuals then they won't like your story and unsubscribe. Don't go over board with the links. Like if five-ten words are highlighted in an every sentence then that can get really annoying really quickly.

Well if people don't like links, how else do i describe something?; With the obvious, with words. If your character is wearing a yellow shirt describe the shirt(you can use a visual to desribe it) "She is wearing an elbow-lengthed button up yellow shirt with pockets on each ; it is short in the front and long in the back. She pulls on some floral skinny jeans, with white as the background and yellow, and red roses all around. She slides her feet into cute red wedges that latch around the ankles and reveal her red-painted toe nails through the toe hole of the wedges. She finishes off her outfit with a cute red bow necklace, pearl earrings with diamonds underneath, a red belt around her waist, and a red shoulder-strap purse to keep all her personal belongings in.

 

Extra tips:

If you go to google images, polyvore, we♥it, tumblr, kfashion sites, or to some of your ulzzangs and find an outfit you want your character to be wearing it'll help you be more descriptive if you have a visual yourself. I like to think up what t-shirt my character is wearing and usually google it because I'll get something similar to it quicker than on tumblr or other sites, I click the image, study it, and then start typing out what all I see on the shirt that way people know or can kinda know exactly what my character might be wearing. And after my Key story, I never used links again. Not because people told me it annoyed them, but because I wanted to improve my writing skills.