21; Allow Me to be the .

` { What Not to do } » AsianFanFics Story Tips {Under construction}

 

What's the mistake?:

Below are real quotes from an author to their readers. However I didn't bold them, or make them in large font like they have/did >> so these are just the quotes but not in actual format.

"Before we start: STOP BEGGING LIKE FOR UPDATES. IT'S INCREDIBLY DISRESPECTFUL AND IT PISSES ME OFF. I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU BEG FOR UPDATES I'M GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE ."

"Don't tell me how to write my own stories, because I will easily set this to friends only so dumb s can't read it."


Everyone, meet the authors who are always on their period and forever pissy and angry.

First I would like to say that the first quote is truly a contradiction and also very false in a sense of the matter. The first quote states that asking an author for updates is "incredibly disrespectful"; quite the contrary, my dear. Asking for updates is not disrespectful. Your reader is in love with your story so therefore them asking you to update is more of a compliement than anything else. They are somewhat begging for you to update in the most polite way. Now if they were to threaten you if you don't update then maybe that's more obsessive but I still don't consider it to be disrespectful because they haven't said anything bad about your story.
Now, the first quote is also a contradiction. How you might ask? Well the author states that the readers are being disrespectful when asking for updates(when they really aren't) but instead the author is the one being "incredibly disrespectful." They not only called the reader a they also threatened to punch the reader in the . Well not only is that threat non-threatening and rather hilarious because the word is a funny word. (Like... just whisper it to yourself. Seriously, do it. I just did it and I cracked up..) But if I was the reader I would literally laugh at the author then just comment on her story "Update plz" just to piss her off because how on earth is she gonna punch me in the ? And secondly, why on earth would she even want to touch other girls twats? ert. 

 

Secondly, the second quote amuses me. If you didn't want people to criticize you to begin with then you should've set your story to friends only to begin with. Let's not be a dumb author and be less arrogant and high-mighty. 

I'm just going to say that no matter how good a story is, no matter how far I am to reading a story, I will not tolerate a y author. So if i'm 40 chapters into the story and they cuss out me, the reader, I will surely unsubscribe.

And to be completely honest, I can't comprehend how readers can just take that. How they can just be like "okay" and read the story some more. The author just disrespected you so why should you continue to respect them and support their story?! Ugh you readers... be more smart and realize that you need to be respected back! 
 

 

So how do I fix these mistakes?:

Well i hate it when my readers beg me to update. I have a life too. It's really annoying; Theres a right and wrong way to approach those situations. Everyone has a life and everyone has issues but cursing or calling names or threatening your readers with peety threats are the wrong way. Simply make an authors note telling your readers to not ask for updates since you'll be busy and now that we authors can reply to comments on our stories, if a reader asks for updates you can just go to them and nicely say, "I'm doing my best but can you not ask for updates? It's a bit more stress for me and I'll do my best but thank you for enjoying my story enough to want more updates. I promise not to let you down!" Course you don't have to say exactly that but its a much more polite and nice way of putting things instead of wanting to punch them in the .

Well I don't like being criticized.; Want to know the truth? I don't either. I don't like being corrected and I don't like people telling me I'm wrong because then I feel like I'm always wrong at everything but as I've gotten older I begin to realize that it's not like this person who is criticizing me for fun or trying to get me down, no, they are trying to help me. Constructive criticizim. And there is a wrong and right way to critize someone. Telling someone that they , they need to stop writing, or need to burn all their stories because they so bad is not critizim. Thats just being an utter . That is not the correct way to critize someone. A good way to critize someone is to tell them that they are capitilizing the wrong words, using too many punctuation, misspelled something, forgot a word; you are trying to help them improve, not discourage them. Whether you like being critized or not, you will always be critized. Whether its in your writing, what you look like, what you wear, what you eat, your religion, etc. etc. So learn to deal with it. Other wise if you can't handle it, turn off your comments on your story. They have that option, didn't ya know?

 

Extra tips:

Consider whether you are being a y author or polite author. There are times you want to strangle your readers - i would know - and then there are times when you need to learn to control that anger/hate and calm yourself down and address your readers about the problem. You do not curse, threat, or call them names. Thats not only disrespectful to the readers but they lose respect in you.

Also take into consideration what people critize you for. It could really help you in becoming a writer and don't be a about it. If you can't handle the heat then turn off the comments in your story.