When He Takes the Brilliant Action

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

 

Meanwhile, the state inside the museum is very messed up. Kris is running in front, leading his forces into the exhibit hall.  As they arrive there, the view of collapsed officers greets them. Kris sighs heavily, and then commands some of his minions to scatter in every corner of the museum and search for the mysterious thief. He’s sure that the thief couldn’t have run very far from there.

“Kris, the crown is still in its place. It looks like that thief hasn't stolen it yet.” From the middle of the room, Suho shouts to the detective. As soon as they arrived, that redhead immediately did his duty and check out the repository of the crown.

 “Are you sure sir?” Suddenly an audible voice comes from a young officer beside Kris. The detective immediately turns his gaze and sees the officer, but he can’t make out his face clearly in the darkness of the room.

 “What do you mean?” Kris asks curiously.

“Ah no sir, I just feel a bit hesitant before we actually prove it. When we arrived a moment ago, the officers were already unconscious, and the glass window was broken. The thief could have already stolen the crown and switched it with a fake one to trick us.” Kris hears the young officer seriously, trying to figure the likeliness of what he said.

“However, the storage has the most advanced protection systems, and it can't be opened without a secret code. I’m not sure the thief could pass through it.” Suho argues, but Kris remains silent.

“But please remember that he’s not the ordinary thief, sir.”

“Still, Kris…” Suho stares at Kris with uncertain eyes. The latter keeps silent, deep into thought. All the things, the young officer said suddenly make him reconsider the facts.  Considering the thief’s great actions until now, it is possible. During this time, the thief proved that there’s nothing he couldn’t do to complete his missions.

“Maybe there’s no harm if we check the box,” Finally Kris decides to take action. 

He walks closer to the glass box where the crown is displayed, followed by Suho and a museum staff. The young officer is also following him from the rear behind. When the museum staff enters the secret code below the box, silently, the young officer is studying carefully without Kris or the other officers knowing. A smile creeps on his face as he successfully memorizes the code.

Minutes later the box is opened and they quickly examine the crown, making sure it’s the original. After some checking by the museum staff, the crown is identified as the real one, and the staff quickly returns it into the glass box. Kris and Suho can’t help but sigh relieved.

“It turns out that the thief has, indeed, failed to steal it. But let’s not cross off the possibility that he is still wandering around here to try again. Hurry, some of you go look for him and some stay here on watch!” Kris commands loudly and walks out from the hall, leaving the young officer with 3 others on guard.

When the last officer goes out, the young officer suddenly attacks the third policeman. After making sure they're all unconscious, he quickly approaches the storage box. He types the code and the glass box is opened. 

Without hesitation, he takes the crown and studies it under the moonlight, admiring its beauty. Then he takes off the officer uniform, wearing only his robe again and he puts the crown inside the clothing. Kai smiles widely.  Finally, he has succeeded to take the crown he wanted. Now he just needs to go out from the museum through the broken window and jump to the building next door, where Chanyeol is waiting for him. But before he can realize his plan, a handy talkie from the officer who is unconscious is calling loudly. Kai takes that thing and answers it.

“Hello, my dear officer, it’s me. By the way, thanks for this crown. It’s really beautiful. I promise I will take good care of it, so don’t worry.” Kai says happily. He laughs, hearing the curses from the officer in the other end of the line. He’s sure that, in a moment, more the officers will arrive there to catch him. So without wasting any more time, he runs through the broken window. The electricity still does not return, and the darkness of the night wraps up his body perfectly, hiding him from people’s view.

He creeps slowly on the museum’s wall, resting his feet on a small gap there. From this place, he can see Chanyeol standing on the roof of a building located not far from the museum. All he need is to jump and run on the roof of two buildings to get there.

 

*****

 

Inside the tower, Kyungsoo is walking up slowly, using every little toehold of the tower to go up. Behind him, Baekhyun is holding his hand firmly, afraid to be separated from him. After a few long and torturous minutes, they arrived at the rooftop.  Like Kyungsoo expected before, up there, the moonlight improves their vision and he can see the museum not far from there.

But Kyungsoo’s eyes suddenly narrow, as he sees a silhouette coming out of a broken museum window.  That dark figure is creeping slowly toward the roof of building not far from where they are. His eyes widen when he recognizes the dark figure is the mysterious thief, from the robe and the mask he’s wearing.

“Ah Baekhyun, look! He’s over there!! Come on…” Kyungsoo quickly gets up and prepares to run, but his hand is pulled by Baekhyun.

“No Kyungie, it’s dangerous! It’s dark and I’m scared.  If we take a wrong step, we’ll fall from the third floor!“ Baekhyun looks panicked. But Kyungsoo doesn’t care. 

“Okay Baeky, if you’re afraid then I will go alone. Just wait here!”  Kyungsoo tries to pry Baekhyun’s hands away. The corner of his eye keeping trace of any movements from the black shadow who has jumped on the edge of the other rooftop. Kyungsoo can no longer be patient. He wants to capture the thief immediately. So he shakes off Baekhyun’s hands and starts running, not even minding his step.

Kyungsoo is almost there when Kai is ready to jump to the other roof. Upon realizing that Kyungsoo is chasing after him, Kai looks shocked, but he has no time to ask or stop. The officers must have already entered the room of the museum, which means he has to run away as fast as he can. So, without looking back at Kyungsoo he jumps to the next building. Kyungsoo who is already scampering to catch Kai, just gets even angrier seeing this reaction. He realizes that the distance between the two buildings is big enough, and it’s very risky for him to jump over there.

", how can he jump so high?" Kyungsoo curses angrily. He hesitates, debating whether to jump or not.  But his pride doesn’t allow him to let the thief flee again this time. He has gone this far and he has vowed to open Kai’s mask in front of Baekhyun. So, without even thinking about the risks anymore, Kyungsoo immediately jumps. He doesn't pay attention to Baekhyun who is shouting behind him. But unfortunately he can’t reach the next building and ends up him staggering and free falling. 

Kyungsoo hears Baekhyun screaming, and Kai turns to look him. Seeing Kyungsoo falling, the thief quickly runs to help.  His mask is peeled off, clearly revealing his face under the moonlight. The last thing Kyungsoo feels is the sound of Baekhyun’s cry that calls upon his name and his blood running faster through his whole system as someone hold his body closely as he heads for the ground.

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo slowly opens his eyes, feeling his body ache so bad because from the fall. He faintly senses a warm breath blowing in his ear and he realizes that he is in somebody’s arms. Kyungsoo averts his gaze, finding the familiar face of the one who has saved him. When he realizes that person is no other than Kai, Kyungsoo suddenly wants to escape. But the hug becomes tighter, keeping Kyungsoo in place.

"How could you be so stupid?" A trembling voice reaches Kyungsoo’s ears. "How could you jump if you knew it was impossible for you? How could you, Kyungsoo!" Kai shouts angrily right in Kyungsoo’s ear. The smaller boy realizes that Kai is hugging him tight. That thief’s shoulders come up and down so fast trying to release the anger.

"Let go Kai, I'm okay..."

Kai releases Kyungsoo and stares at him. His gaze looks so sad and full of concern.

"Why did you save me?" Kyungsoo asks softly, not daring to look Kai in the eye.

"You still need a reason?"

"I just think..." Kyungsoo stops when he sees Kai is looking at him angrily.

“You should think before you jump, not now!” His cold tone leaves Kyungsoo speechless. It is hard to understand why Kai saved him in the first place, and now he is also angry at him. 

Kyungsoo sees Kai slowly standing up, walking limply to retrieve the stolen crown which has fallen not far from where they are.  Kyungsoo knows Kai must be more injured than him because he’s the one who held him when they were falling. 

"Honestly, I don't know why I ran to save you earlier. I was only thinking that I don’t want to lose you...” Kai’s statement startles Kyungsoo.

Instantly, he looks up, seeing Kai walking away, toward the park, and then disappearing into the darkness of the night. Kyungsoo feels his heart beating faster. The pain in his entire body is completely gone, replaced by an unfamiliar but comfortably warm sensation that fills up his heart. Behind him, Kyungsoo can hear the sound of the officer cars filling the night sky of Seoul, indicating that once again the headquarters have been fooled by the brilliant thief named Kai...

 

*****

 

A/N: Yeay I;m a dancing queen.... *ignore it, I just listening to SNSD's Dancing Queen now*

Helo readers, I keep my promise to update very soon right? So, let's gimme your hug and lots kisses.. LOL.. And I've read for your comments. Thanks for waiting for me dear.. I love ya all.. XD

Hey, I just knew something important latety. The arrow beside the tittle on the foreword is used to give the story an upvote, right? But, what the benefit of getting upvote? Can pls somebody tell me? *I'm really a stupid author* tehee...

OH and one thing, I wanna tell you something guys! Lately, I try to brows other pairing, and hell yeah, I fall into KRISCHEN couple! Omoo, anybody love that pairing too? Please tell meehh... *puppy eyes*

Okay, it's enough. Time to go.. Let's meet again next week, kay?

 

Lots loves and kisses ~~<3

p.s: this chapter's fanart is credited to fyeahexofanart.tumblr.com