The Said Night

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

 

Kyungsoo makes sure all of his apartment doors and windows are locked before he leaves. Inside the elevator, he stares at himself in the mirror appreciating his looks. Tonight, he’s wearing a yellow, hooded jacket and skinny jeans, with black-yellow sneakers.

“Are my clothes decent enough for a meeting with him?” Kyungsoo asks himself, still checking out his own reflection at the elevator wall. His eyes suddenly widen, when he realizes what he just said and thought.

 “What the are you thinking Kyungsoo?! You’re going there to catch him, not date him. Aishh jinjja…” Kyungsoo messes his black hair, frustrated by his own thoughts. As soon as the elevator door opens, he takes a deep breath, trying to calm down his fast beating heart. "Stay calm, Do Kyungsoo, you can do it. Believe in yourself." He says to himself. Then, he hurriedly runs towards the central museum, where he promised to meet Baekhyun.

 

*****

 

At a rooftop, near the museum, Chanyeol is monitoring the situation around the building with his binoculars. Besides him, Kai is doing his regular routine; running to warm up, jumping and back spinning in the air. Both guys have been there since an hour ago, making sure everything is under their control before the act takes place.

“I see tight security, both inside and out of the museum. I think it won’t be easy to get through Jongin.” Chanyeol looks at his buddy with a serious expression. He seems a bit worried, and he needs to make sure of his friend’s safety before he sends Kai to the museum, while he, as a good partner, waits prepared to help Kai whenever he needs him.

“I can see it too Chanyeol. Lately, they’ve become more aware of us and tightened their security.” Kai stops his warming up and approaches Chanyeol, looking away into the crowds beneath them.

“I heard the police Headquarters called a great officer from another district to join their team, and he is the reason why everything’s gotten more difficult for us lately.”

Kai furrows his eyebrows at the new information from Chanyeol. “A new officer? Is he the one who almost caught me last time?”

“Yep, I think that’s him. Let me think, umm... I think his name is Kris. Yeah, Detective Kris.”

“Detective Kris? Hmm, so I think it will be our first time meeting then. It’s definitely going to be interesting…” Kai smiles pleasantly. 

“Mmhm, that’s right.” Chanyeol nods with a smirk on his face. “So, any plans Jongin?”

Kai looks at the crowd beneath them. His smirk turning into a victorious smile, as an idea suddenly pops in his head. “Yeah, there are, but I need your help Yeollie...”

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun look at the officers barricading the entrance of the museum. Neither of them expected the Headquarters to enhance security so much, only to catch a young talented thief. 

“Well, it looks like the Headquarters got tired of constantly losing to that thief, so this time, they’re doing their best to capture him,”  Baekhyun comments casually, while his eyes keep roaming around, while Kyungsoo only stares at him with confused gaze.

“Constantly losing?” The doe-eyes boy asks curiously.

“Yep, they keep losing. You know, since the thief sent them his first challenge card, he always escaped successfully. That’s why the officers feel so angry every time they get a new card from the thief.” Kyungsoo nods slowly upon hearing Baekhyun’s answer. This thief’s face and his mischievous smirk suddenly flash in front of his eyes.

“By the way, are you sure you want to catch him yourself, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun question in a disbelieving tone, making Kyungsoo turn to gaze at the latter’s brown orbs. He sees a glimpse of curiosity and disbelief there, but he doesn’t say anything, waiting for Baekhyun to finish his question. “I mean, are you sure you can capture him? We both know how hard it has been for the officers to catch the thief all this while. And you’re only a high school boy. I’m not sure you can do it.” Baekhyun says, his expression looking very serious.

“I just want to prove, I’m right, Baekhyun. And I want to take my pride back from him.” Kyungsoo says softly, averting his gaze back to the barricades of black cops in front them.

“Seriously Kyungsoo, I’m so curious what is it that he has stolen from you, that you are willing to go through all this, just to catch him and take your pride back.” Baekhyun says annoyed. But the doe-eyed male just keeps silent, looking like he has no intention of telling the latter. It makes Baekhyun even more annoyed. “If you don’t want to tell me, I won’t help you Kyungsoo!”

Finally Kyungsoo takes a deep breath and averts his gaze from  Baekhyun. “Okay, I’ll tell you Baeky, but not now. Now, just help me pass this guard.” Kyungsoo stares Baekhyun’s eyes seriously.

“Okay, but remember, you’ve promised me, Kyungie...” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. He can’t believe his friend can act crazy like this, chasing a mysterious thief and putting himself in danger just for the sake of his pride. Kyungsoo is really something else, in Baekhyun’s eyes.

So, without more chitchat, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun quickly search for an unguarded place. But as far as they can see, officers are everywhere and they can’t find a way to get inside the museum. Kyungsoo sighs heavily. He feels so stupid for coming without any preparation.

“Kyungsoo, look at that building.” Suddenly Baekhyun’s voice grabs his attention. He quickly turns his eyes to see where Baekhyun is pointing. It’s a high building with a tower, nearby the central museum. ”I think we can go up to that tower and jump from its rooftop to the museum’s rooftop over here. But it’s a bit risky for us. I don’t know how far apart those two buildings are.” Baekhyun says, still starring at the building uncertainly.

“But it’s worth the try. Let’s go Baeky!” Without waiting for Baekhyun’s answer, Kyungsoo quickly takes his hand, looking for an entrance to the tower. But it turns out that the area around it is also guarded by several officers. Even at the furthest corner of the tower they still find an officer standing by.

“Aissh, why are there officers all around the place? What should we do now?” Kyungsoo asks desperately. Beside him, Baekhyun just looks at the officer who is on guard, studying him carefully. 

“Ah, I know him Kyungsoo. That officer is Suho hyung’s friend.” Baekhyun says quietly, making Kyungsoo looks at him with wide eyes. Kyungsoo can feel a light of hope coming behind the eyeliner guy. “Listen, Kyungsoo, I’ll go distract him. When I give you the signal, run to the building. I’ll follow you later. Okay?” Baekhyun talks seriously, making Kyungsoo nod without hesitation. Then, he quickly hides as Baekhyun walks away, approaching the officer. From behind the bushes, Kyungsoo can see Baekhyun smile and talks to him.

“Hello Yixing hyung…”

“Ah Baekhyun, why are you here? This is a closed area for citizen.” The officer can’t hide his surprised upon seeing Baekhyun in front of him.

“Umm yeah I know, hyung. I just need to meet Suho hyung. I need to give him something important, but I can’t find him. Can you please call him for me?”

For a while, the officer looks confused, contemplating whether to go or not. But then he nods and smiles gently at Baekhyun. “Okay, I’ll call him for you. Just wait for a minute here.”

The officer leaves and Baekhyun signals Kyungsoo to gets into the building. Without wasting any time, Kyungsoo runs inside, followed by Baekhyun. He runs up the stairs to the top as fast as he can. However,  before he and Baekhyun reach the rooftop of the tower, the electricity goes off, making Kyungsoo stop surprised. Baekhyun can’t help but bumps into him from behind.

“Damn, what’s happening now?” Kyungsoo yells.

“I’m not sure Kyungie. But I think we need to stop for a while. It’s dangerous to continue,” Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo’s hand and they stand there only with a dim light coming from their hand phones.

 

*****

 

-Meanwhile at the entrance of the museum-

 

Kai is standing among the ranks of the officers, disguises as one of them with the stolen uniform he gets after knocking one of them unconcious. He smirks evilly when the electricity suddenly goes out, making the barricade gasp in shock. A moment ago, he sent Chanyeol to cut off the city’s electricity and make some noise to distract the officers. He needs that to set his plan into motion.

“Good job Chanyeol. Now I just need to show off. Wait for me in the roof like usual.” Kai whispers slowly to his phone, and then hangs up after confirming his plan with Chanyeol.

His smirk grows into wider smile as he presses a button on the remote control in his pocket and suddenly the glass window on 3rd floors of the museum, where the Crown was on display, breaks apart. Earlier that day, Kai and Chanyeol planted small bombs in secret areas, so the officer can’t detect them.

According to the plan, the officers quickly panic. And an order comes for them to get into the museum. Kai stays back, waiting for other officers to pass in front of him. A smile on his face, because from now, he can see victory clearly in front of his eyes.

 

*****

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun startled upon hearing the explosion from the museum, look at each other in confusion.

“What was that?” Baekhyun asks. 

“Damn, it must be that jerk thief,” Kyungsoo mumbles to himself, directing his gaze to the top of the building. He can’t sit here and wait when he knows that the thief is ready to take action.

“What should we do Kyungie? We can’t move, because it’s so dark here.”

“Let’s walk slowly Baekhyun. I think we’re almost to the top now, so I’m sure up there the moonlight will make everything brighter,” Kyungsoo grabs Baekhyun’s hand, guiding the latter to walk slowly.

~Just wait for me Kai. I will catch you.~ Kyungsoo says to himself while his grip around Baekhyun’s hand tightens just by imagining the thief’s face.

 

*****

 

A/N: Hello dear, it’s me Wooyochie..

Just wanna say, I’m so sorry for my long hiatus. And all of you must be know the cliché reason behind it (yeah, something they called college life and everything about final year) and I feel so sorry for make all of you wait. I’ve tried my best this weekend to write again, and thankfully, my eonnie seven_days_late is always there to help me.. :)

And for my surprised, I gain more subscribers although I’ve been in long hiatus since last year! Wow, thanks guys! I’ll try my best to reply all of your kindness. Please feel free to leave your comments and also feel free to PM me if you want to talk everything with me. I love to know my readers and I love to be friend with you all..

Okay, enough.. I’ll update the next chapter very soon. Ciao..