Caught Up

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

At the same time, Kris just arrived in front of his apartment building. Throwing his gaze onto the night sky, he is so surprised when catching a glance of Kyungsoo is being embraced by a stranger in their balcony. He tries to focusing his eyes to get a better view, hoping he just sees it wrong. But his heart almost jumps out when he sees the two of them kissing.

“What the hell is that?” cursing under his breath, Kris quickly running to his room. He needs to catch the stranger and ask for the explanation as soon as possible.

But when he finally reaches his younger brother room, Kris doesn’t find anyone except Kyungsoo there. The younger is standing near the glass door, looks like he just closed the door. No one is his room nor in the balcony. And when he scans around the room, Kris can’t find anyone hiding.

“Where are you from Kyungie?” trying to calm his breath after running earlier, Kris takes a step to approach his brother. He stands in front of the younger boy, crossing his arms on his chest and looks at Kyungsoo with furrowed brows.

“I went nowhere hyung. I just closed the balcony door and get ready to sleepy,” Kyungsoo blinks several times, looking at his brother in confusion.

“Don’t lie to me Kyungie. I saw you with a guy, cuddling in the balcony just now. Who is he? And where is he now?” Kris starts raising his voice, leaning forward to face the younger closer. And in his place, Kyungsoo can’t help but sending him more confused gaze.

“What did you say hyung? I’m alone here. Are you drunk?”

Kris shakes his head in disbelief. He steps aside and opens the glass door to the balcony, but he finds no one out there. Then, he turns around and starts to check every corner of Kyungsoo’s room, but it’s just a waste, no one is there. Fixing his eyes into his brother, Kris tries so hard to find anything fishy on his brother’s facial expression and gesture.

“I say, I’m alone here hyung. And I just stay inside here, reading some comics,” Kyungsoo tries to convince Kris.

“Then who is the guy I saw earlier, Kyungie? I'm sure there were people  standing in the balcony.”

“Maybe you’ve mistaken the balcony hyung. Perhaps, that's our next door neighbor, not me hyung,” shrugging lightly, Kyungsoo then leaves Kris just to take the comics which were scattered on his bed and arrange them on the shelf. But still,  he can hear Kris’s soft mumbles. Taking a deep breath, he pats Kris’s arm.

“I thing you need to have a shower hyung. Refresh your mind. Maybe you’re too tired hyung,” Smiling softly, Kyungsso escorted Kris to get out from his room.

“You are right. I should take a shower, then we need to talk. Okay Kyungie?”

Kyungsoo quickly shakes his head with pouted lips. “But hyung, I feel so sleepy. Maybe we can talk later. Please…” puppy eyes is always great weapon, because finally Kris smiles and nods, ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair in affection.

“Okay, so hurry up to bed. We will talk tomorrow morning.”

“Thanks hyung. Good nite!” Kyungsoo grins and closes the door,. But as soon as the door is closed behind him, Kyungsoo suddenly screams mentally.

 ~Oh my god, what will I say tomorrow. How can Kris hyung saw me and Jongin just now.. ahh, I’m gonna be crazy,,,~ Kyungsoo tugs his own hair, due to the panic attack. But one thing he know, tonight he won't sleep well.

***

 

The next morning, Kris is busy baking bread when Kyungsoo’s coming out from his bedroom. Today is Sunday, Kris’s holiday as an officer, so that means he has plenty times to interrogate Kyungsoo about the last night incident. Just by thinking about the chance of being interrogated by detective Kris makes Kyungsoo feels so frustrated until he couldn't sleep peacefully last night.

"Morning Kyungie. Have a nice slept?" Kris smiles widely as Kyungsoo takes a seat in the dining table.

Kyungsoo yawns and nods slowly. “Emm yeah, hyung,“ an audible murmur slips softly from his mouth. 

“Hey, why don't you look excited?”  Kris comes closer and his brother’s hair. "Tell me your problems Kyungie. Hyung will help you."

Kyungsoo only looks up and stares at his brother, who is smiling to him, and then shaking his head slowly while faking a smile. "I don't have any problems hyung. I just still feel sleepy."

Nodding in understanding, Kris ruffles Kyungsoo’s hair once again before walks to the counter to get some toasts and a glass of warm milk for his younger brother. "Okay baby, maybe some toasts and a glass of warm milk will give you new energy. Let's eat!"

Then Kris takes a seat in front of Kyungsoo. He takes a slice of toast and spreads peanut butter on it. While eating, he grabs remote and turns on the television. Suddenly, the sound of a news broadcast breaks their silence, but Kyungsoo's mind is somewhere else, thinking of what he has to say when his big brother asks about the last night’s incident.

"Kyungie, can I ask something to you?" Kris’s voice snaps Kyungsoo from his daydream, making the doe eyes boyturns his eyes on his brother. Finally his nightmare will come and he has to prepare everything as the best answer. 

"About what?"

“I just want to know, did you really not meet another guy in your room’s balcony last night?” Kris stares at Kyungsoo’s black orbs. He looks so serious. 

But Kyungsoo just stays silence. His own heart is pounding so hard and he doesn’t know what to say. He never lied to Kris before, besides he’s not good at lying. So he’s so afraid if he says something stupid, his brother will catch his lie at the moment. But, right now he has no other choice. He has to say something. He has to do a white lie if he doesn’t want Jongin gets into the danger.

"What do you mean hyung? I think I said to you before, maybe you saw our neighbor last night,"  Kyungsoo doesn't dare to make eye contact with Kris. He is busy spreading jam on his toast.

"But I am so sure that was you. How can I not recognize my own brother?"

"Hyung, are you sure if you were not drunk that night?" glancing at his brother, Kyungsoo tries to judge him.

“Well, I went drinking with Suho before, but I'm sure I wasn’t drunk.”

“Ahh you must be drunk hyung,” raising a brow, Kyungsoo shrugs lightly. “That’s not me, you were drunk and thought that our neighbor was me.” Kyungsoo tries so hard ignoring Kris’s glare by putting the knife down and biting his toast, then turning his eyes to the television. 

"Are you sure about that Kyungie? Now, just look at me and answer my question. What did you do before I came home?"

Kyungsoo is trapped in dilemma right now. He’s so afraid and he can’t lie to his beloved brother, but he has to do it for Jongin. It’s for the sake of Jongin’s safety. So, taking a deep breath, he looks up at his brother’s eyes and smiles softly.

"I'm sure hyung. I just stayed in my room, reading some comic and watching anime like I used to do.” Kyungsoo pauses for a while. Well, at least that's what he did before Jongin comes, so he doesn’t lie. ”Moreover hyung found none else in my room last night, right?”  Raising his brwos, Kyungsoo tries to hold his calm state. He mentally takes a deep breath of relief when Kris nods in consent.

“Yeah, that’s true, I found none. But, perhaps he escaped when I came over?”

“Come on hyung, we live in 3rd floor. How could anyone escape so quickly?” Kyungsoo widens his eyes, trying to convince Kris. The elder furrows his brows, looks like thinking about Kyungsoo’s reason and then nods slowly. 

"Yeah, maybe you're right Kyungie. But what if your boyfriend is the mysterious thief?" At that moment, Kyungsoo’s heart stops for a while when hearing Kris’s last sentences. "But I think it's impossible since nobody knows anything about him," Kris continues his words and smiles. Reaching out his hand, he ruffles his brother’s hair and back to enjoying his breakfast.

"Of course hyung, that's impossible," Kyungsoo smiles a bit and drinks his milk, feeling so relieved. Well, at least Kris thinks that Jongin is not the mysterious thief. After finishing his breakfast, Kyungsoo quickly stands up and takes his plates, wanting to go as far as he can from his brother right now.

"But I'm also curious with the guy you talked about yesterday Kyungie."

 Kyungsoo suddenly stops and stares at his brother in confusion. "Which one, hyung?"

"The one who made you frustrated last night," Kris smirks, and Kyungsoo can’t help to roll his eyes and waves his hand dismissively.

"Never mind about that hyung." Kyungsoo walks to the kitchen and quickly finish his job. "I'm okay now. And he’s just my senior at my school. I don't have any crush to him. Don’t worry hyung."

"Ahh, really?" Kyungsoo turns around to glare at his brother, but Kris just show his cheeky smile before chuckling by Kyungsoo’s cute pouted lips.

"Okay Kyungie, I believe in you. But, someday, tell me first if you want to bring him here. I need to know the boy who steals my Kyungie’s heart," he grins playfully. And again, Kyungsoo can do nothing but throwing deathly glare at him and pouting more.

“Why don’t you just forget that, hyung?” Kyungsoo mumbles, then walking to the bathroom. He can hear Kris’s loud laughter rings outside.

 

~Ahh, I feel so guilty to Kris hyung and Jongin. But what can I do?~

***

 

Kyungsoo walks lifelessly toward his class with Baekhyun. Today, his mood was messed up. Yesterday, Kris kept asking him all day long. Even when they visited Suho’s house, Kris was still trying to ask Baekhyun about the senior Kyungsoo said yesterday, and fortunately Baekhyun just laughed and agreed to keep the secret.

“How can Kris hyung saw you and Jongin last night? I still can’t believe that he bought your lie,” Baekhyun looks so curious when he looks at Kyungsoo. But the doe eyes boy just shakes his head slowly.

“I don’t know Baekhyun. I thought he would come home after midnight, but actually he came earlier. And I'm so grateful that Jongin realized his arrival and immediately went away.”

“Yeah, thanks to his good instinct as a thief,” Baekhyun smirks. “So, you are in relationship with him now? Is it for real?” leaning closer, Baekhyun smiles cheekily at the latter, making Kyungsoo blushed madly.

“Oh My God!” he bursts out into laughter, but quickly leaning closer to whisper in soft voice. “Come on Kyungie, just tell me. I know you so well, and I can read it from your reaction,” Baekhyun embraces his friend’s shoulder and takes him to walk faster into the classroom. But Kyungsoo shoves Baekhyun’s away and hits his shoulder.

“Shut up, Baekhyun! It’s our secret. I don’t want to get bashed by his fan girls.”

“Okay okay, Kyungie. Just be calm and believe me. So is it for real?” Baekhyun still looks at Kyungsoo with cheeky smile.

“Geezz Byun Baekhyun, do I still need to answer you?” Kyungsoo shouts in frustration, then walking ahead, leaving Baekhyun who quickly runs after him with his happy laughter.

They pass some girls who suddenly scream hysterically, making Kyungsoo eyes out of curiosity. And there, he finds Jongin is walking alone towards him.

“Oh here you prince is coming, Kyungie,” Baekhyun whispers and smirks at him, but  Kyungsoo just pinches his arm, eliciting a shriek from the latter.

His heart suddenly beats faster when sees Jongin smiles at the girls and refuses them politely. When their eyes finally meet, Jongin smiles oh so handsomely and Kyungsoo can’t help to mentally scream and trying so hard to hold himself to stay on the ground.  He can feel his face heats up, even he can hear Baekhyun is laughing happily beside him.

“Okay Kyungie, I think I will come back to classroom first. Just enjoy your time,” Baekhyun whispers softly and then walks away, replaced by Jongin who is smiling in front of him. 

“Hi Kyungsoo, can we talk?” Jongin smiles brightly to his lover, and Kyungsoo just nods, saying nothing when the senior grabs his hands and takes him to a bench above a big tree in the school’s backyard.

Kyungsoo can feel deathly glares come from the girls around them. But he ignores them and stays calm. When they are finally alone, Jongin releases his hand and invites Kyungsoo to sit beside him, then taking the smaller boy’s hands.

“I miss you a lot Kyungie,” he smiles and looks at Kyungsoo with gentle gaze. Kyungsoo just smiles back and nods slowly, cheeks still blushed faintly.

“You always said that words to me every time we meet Jongin. Don’t you have other words to say?”

Hearing Kyungsoo’s answer, Jongin laughs lightly. He then caresses Kyungsoo’s hair gently, pulling the smaller boy into his embrace. “Actually I have a lot of thing to say Kyungie, but I want you know that first.” Soft ‘okay’ slips from Kyungsoo’s mouth as an answer, but Jongin can’t hear it clearly. “By the way, what did your brother say last night? I’m really curious, baby,” Jongin looks at his lover seriously.

Kyungsoo turns up to look into Jongin’s eyes, staring at his beautiful brown orbs. He takes a deep breath before opening his lips. “He knew Jongin, he asked to me what did I do with you in the balcony.”

“Then what did you say to him?”

“I lied to him. I said, maybe he was wrong and saw our neighbor, not me. And though it took a time to make him believe my reasons, but I think we are save now,” Kyungsoo sighs softly when Jongin’s fingers laces with his, a bitter smile tugged on his lips. “But I feel so guilty Jongin. I never lied to him before.”

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo with unreadable gaze. There are tint of regret in his eyes. Sighing softly, he pulls Kyungsoo into his arms again. “I’m so sorry Kyungie. I put you into trouble. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay Jongin, I just didn’t want to take you in danger by making Kris hyung knows about you.” Kyungsoo smiles softly. At that time, Jongin really wants to kiss him, but he remembers if they are at school right now, and he doesn’t want other students, especially the girls, attack Kyungsoo because they see them kissing.

“Ah, I remember. Do you have anything to do after school?” suddenly Jongin asks to Kyungsoo.

“Nope. Why?”

“How about having a date afterschool? I know a café with delicious ice cream cake not far from here.”

Kyungsoo's eyes widened instantly when hearing the word of ice cream. He is a big fan of that kind of dessert. “Of course Jongin, I want to go there. But, how about Chanyeol hyung? You always go home with him.”

“Well, he said that he has some works with the student committee. So I’ll tell him if I’ll come home first.”

“Okay Jongin, see ya after school,” Kyungsoo quickly stands up when hearing the bell’s ringing. Waving goodbye to his boyfriend, Kyungsoo then runs to his classroom with happy smile.

***

 

After their first date, Kyungsoo starts to feel more comfortable to go out with Jongin. He realizes that nobody thinks that Jongin is the mysterious thief. He just looks like a normal handsome boy and together they just look like a very close best friend. Well, for some people they look like a cute highschool couple when they hold hand and kiss secretly in the corner of the café or in the back row of cinema.

Day by day, they become used to go together after school and on holidays, though it's just for sitting and chatting in the cafe or playing in the amusement parks like the other couple. At school, Jongin often sits together with Kyungsoo at lunch time. And almost every night, Jongin comes to Kyungsoo’s room when Kris isn’t at home. All of those things make Kyungsoo feels so happy, moreover lately Jongin isn’t take any action as the mysterious thief.

But it’s not like no one is aware about the change of their behavior because Chanyeol always has his eyes on them, and Kris too. Chanyeol knows about their relationship because every day he is forced to accompany Jongin when he wants to meet Kyungsoo during the lunch. And thought he’s still afraid of Jongin’s decision dating Kyungsoo, but he just keeps it inside his heart and calmly watches the situation. He doesn’t want to ruin his friendship with Jongin just because he was too frightened by the bad things that will happen around them.

In the other hand, Kris also feels there is something different with Kyungsoo. His younger brother is spending more time with his friend from school lately. And he always looks glowing, like a people in love. These things make Kris gets curious, so he tries to ask Kyungsoo, but the younger doesn’t tell much thing, just saying that he hang around with his senior.

As an older brother, Kris tries to understand and accept Kyungsoo’s situation right now, but to be honest, he still wants to know more about the guy Kyungsoo dates. Moreover, he already caught Kyungsoo with Jongin several times in the Café where he and Suho often stop by. But still, he never has a chance to say hello to them. He could only watch them from afar, silently thinking why he feels so familiar with the boy who sat with Kyungsoo.

Until one night ...

 

Kris just finished his work and walks to the bathroom when he passes through Kyungsoo’s room. He realizes that the door was slightly opened and cold breeze blows from the crack of the door.

~Kyungsoo is being careless again. He must be forget to lock the glass door of his balcony.~

Grabbing the doorknob, he opens the door and syddenly freezes in his place when he sees a silhouette of a guy is kissing his sleeping brother. That figure also looks so surprised by his presence because he quickly runs toward the balcony before Kris can run to catch him.  But under the moonlight Kris can see his back. He is a tall and lean boy with brown hair, and strangely he looks so familiar. Kris almost grabs his shirts when the boy jumps from the balcony, disappearing in the darkness. In his place, Kris can only swear, feeling so disappointed. His anger rises as he realizes that he just found his brother maybe is in the brink of danger.

"Hyung, what are you doing there?" a soft voice greets his ears, making he turns around and sees Kyungsoo is awake now. He approaches the younger and looks at him in full of concern.

"Kyungie, are you okay?"

Kyungsoo just blinks and looks at his brother in confusion. "Of course I'm okay. What's wrong hyung?" He rubs his eye cutely, hoping his sleepiness will go away.

“I just caught a guy was kissing you when you're sleeping,” Kris states in anger, and Kyungsoo gasps in surprised.

"What do you mean hyung? Who is he?"

"I don't know, but I feel so familiar with him. His back appearance looks like your senior. Do you know him Kyungie?"

"Jongin hyung?" Kyungsoo accidentally mentions Jongin’s name due to his shock, but he quickly covers his lips when he realizes what he did.

"So his name is Jongin?" Kris raises his side eyebrow. There is a flash of anger in his eyes.

"But, I think it's impossible for him to go here at midnight like this hyung." trying his best to protect Jongin, Kyungsoo mentally slaps himself for his stupidity.

"Who know Kyungie, maybe just maybe.." Kris’s word hangs in the air, making Kyungsoo feels so curious yet afraid.

"Maybe what hyung?" But Kris just shakes his head slowly and smiles.

"Ah nothing. Just sleep Kyungie. And please don't forget to close you window. I was so scared you know," Kris ruffles his brother’s hair and then walks to lock the glass door. He smiles and walks out from Kyungsoo’s room, leaving Kyungsoo who is still staring at him in confusion, either relieved or quite afraid by Kris’s sudden calm attitude. It’s too easy, to smooth and somehow Kyungsoo can feel the danger.

While outside of Kyungsoo’s room, Kris is standing in anger. He feels like he just found the missing puzzle, but he has to find more evidences.

~Actually, who is Jongin? Why is he so similar to the mysterious thief? I have to find some information about him. ~

Kris promises to himself that he will protect his brother no matter what.

 

-tbc-


 

A/n: Hello, I just want to say sorry for hanging you all for so long, and hi, nice to see you again.