The End of The Show

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

“Jongin, please don’t go tonight. I’m so afraid if something bad will happen,” Kyungsoo begs desperately on his phone. Now, he is talking with Jongin and tries to restrain him to take an action tonight.

“But I can’t Kyungie. Chanyeol has just sent that letter in hours ago, and I have go.” Sounds Jongin’s answer from somewhere outside there.

“But Jongin..”

“It’s okay Kyungie, don’t worry. Please just let me go. I’ve promised to you before that I will be okay, and I will prove it.”

Kyungsoo keeps silent. There’s a heavy burden in his heart that makes him still not willing to let Jongin goes. “I think it won’t be as easy as before Jongin. Kris  hyung is so serious to catch you, and I’m afraid he will do everything, no matter how bad it is, to stop and arrest you. I don’t want anything bad happen to you, Jongin..” Kyungsoo whispers while staring at the sky outside his window sadly.

There’s no answer from Jongin, just a deep breath which is heard from the phone. “Jongin..” Kyungsoo tries to call Jongin again to make himself sure if Jongin is still there.

“Kyungie, please stop worrying. However the final will be brought later, I hope everything will be over tonight. Just please wait for me there, I will come to see you after everything’s done.”

Once again, Kyungsoo can’t do anything except supports Jongin's decision. So he just takes a deep breath and closes his eyes to calm himself. “Do your best Jongin. I’ll wait for you here.”

“Yes Kyungie, I promise to you. I love you, my baby.”

“I love you too Jonginie.” Kyungsoo turn off his phone and lying to the bed. He closes his eyes, trying to calm the raging anxiety inside his chest.

~Everything will be okay Kyungsoo. Just believe to Jongin and stay calm. Yes, everything will be okay..~

Like a mantra, he keeps repeating that words again and again until he feels his eyelids get heavy.

 

***

 

Jongin hangs up the call and takes a deep breath. Before him, Chanyeol looks at him in wonder.

“So, are you ready to go Jongin? If you’re still unsure about it, it’s okay to stop everything and cancel our action tonight,” Chanyeol says in soft and calm voice, but his black orbs look at Jongin seriously.

Jongin turns his head up and looks at Chanyeol, shaking his head and smiles. “No Chan, we have to go and finish it. Where’s our pride if we cancel everything just because we are afraid? Stop joking, please.”

“Okay okay, let’s go. I will help you behind, so just do your part well. Let’s do like our plan, and everything will be finished soon.”

“Yeah, our adventure will be ended soon Yeollie. So just enjoy it and let’s end the show well,” Jongin smiles softly to his buddy. But inside, his heart is pounding as he imagines what has been prepared by Kris and the officers to arrest him tonight. To be honest, Jongin is not so sure that the plan will go well, but he believes that Chanyeol will not disappoint him. Jongin knows that Chanyeol will save him even though everything turns worse in the end.

As if he can sense Jongin’s anxiety, Chanyeol smiles and pokes Jongin’s shoulder. “Time to go Jongin. Let’s do our last job,” then he walks to the car, followed by Jongin.

They both know, tonight, everything won’t be same as before. The officers must have set up a great trap to stop their action, but they won’t step back. It is time for the destiny to bring them at the end of the game that they created.  It is time for the thief to go back and closes the curtain of his show with two choices of ending, being caught or disappears succesfully.  Nobody knows..

 

***

 

Kyungsoo is still lying on his bed when his phone is ringing. He reaches out his hand to take the phone and sees Baekhyun is calling.

"Yoboseyo.." Kyungsoo answers lazily as he rolls to the side.

"Kyungie, where are you now??" sounds Baekhyun's voice in a high tone. He sounds so worry, and in a hurry.

"I'm at home Baekhyun. What's wrong?" furrowing his brows, Kyungsoo asks in confusion.

"How can you just stay calm in your apartment? You know, Jongin is really really in danger now. I heard from my brother if Kris hyung ordered some snipers to participate in this arresting plan. Suho hyung also said that Kris hyung became so serious to arrest that mysterious thief and he doesn’t want to fail again,” Baekhyun’s voice sounds very enthusiastic yet worried at the same time.

"Are you sure Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo whispers in disbelief. His mind already drifts away to the central museum, imagining what will happen tonight. But everything that comes to his mind is just a bad thing, and he doesn’t want any of those happen to Jongin.

"I'm so sure Kyungie, why would I lie?"

"But, how can Kris hyung take action that far? Does he want to arrest Jongin whether he is dead or alive?" Kyungsoo starts to feel so afraid about that.

"I don't know Kyungie, I'm not sure about it. And I think you need to tell Jongin about that," Baekhyun gives some suggestion. Somehow, he also feels so worried the officers that suddenly turn more and more dangerous for both Jongin and Chanyeol.

And Kyungsoo knows everything that Baekhyun said is right and Baekhyun feels worry because of Chanyeol, not only Jongin. He realizes if Baekhyun has certain feelings for Chanyeol lately since the taller boy was always brought by Jongin to meet Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

"Kyungie, what must we do?" Baekhyun's voice takes Kyungsoo back to reality.

"Ahh, maybe I will tell Jongin first. But I think we need to go to Central Museum and help them. I'm sure we can do something to warn them."

"Okay Kyungie. Let’s meet there as soon as possible." Kyungsoo nods and hangs up. He then tries to call Jongin, but gets no answer. After trying again and again, Kyungsoo finally gives up and changes his clothes. He runs to his apartment door, but it's locked from outside. Kyungsoo tries to push it, but it's useless. That door won't be opened.

"Argh it's must be Kris hyung who did such a thing," Kyungsoo mumbles in frustration. Then he runs to kitchen, try to look for a rope to help him jump from his balcony.

He finds a strong rope and hurriedly runs down from his balcony with a fragile landing. He tries to ignore pain in his feet because of his action earlier and runs to the central museum. His mind is drift to Jongin, and he swears he must save him although he must fight his brother.

***

 

“I will come to take The Eternal Ring at 9PM tonight. Please prepare yourself if you don’t want to see me fly to the moonlight again..”

 

Once again, Kris reads the words written down at the challenge letter sent by the mysterious thief. He squeezes it and an evil smirk seen in his face.

“Just try to fly bastard, and let’s we see how far you can fly if I shoot a silver bullet to your wings,” Kris mumbles by himself. Then he turns around and walks toward the museum building, meeting the other officers who have been waiting for him.

From afar, he sees Suho approaches him. “I’ve prepared everything Kris, and as your wish, the snipers are in their positions now. And the other officers will stay in their positions in every corner of this museum too.” Suho reports the results of his work to Kris.

“Good job buddy. But don’t forget to command some officers to guard the museum’s gate and tell them to never let anyone comes in.” Kris gives a command while gets ready to leave Suho.

“But Kris, are you sure if you want to face that thief alone? Are you sure you don’t need any help at all?” Suho sounds worry, but Kris just turns his gaze on him, smiling simply.

“Don’t worry Suho. This is the day I’ve always been waiting for. I’ve prepared everything and this time I'm sure I'll catch him, live or dead,” Kris looks so serious when he said that, and there’s no doubt or fear in his black orbs.

“Okay Kris, I believe in you. Just do your best. I and the other officers will wait for you here. Let’s end everything well.” Suho pokes Kris’s shoulder gently and gives him a warm smile. Kris just nods and walks away, leaving Suho behind.

Actually, inside Kris’s heart, there’s a bit of doubt and fear. He still feels afraid if Jongin has prepared. But he has prepared this plan with all of his best for a few days. He even has prepared the most valuable bait to provoke the appearance of the mysterious thief and make sure all the plan will go smoothly. Kris draws a breath to soothe himself. He walks steadily to the museum’s rooftop, where the snipers are ready to support the action.

Kris glances at his watch. It’s almost 9pm, and he is sure if in a minute the thief will come. And to prevent unwanted things, he has been locked Kyungsoo in their apartment when he left earlier. He is very sure Kyungsoo definitely won’t be able to come to this place, at least not when his plan is running.

~I’m sorry Kyungie, I do all of this just for your best.~ Kris remembers his younger brother and suddenly anger comes again in his mind. He hates Jongin so much, a jerk thief who made his brother turns into different person, and he will arrest him, although Jongin will get injured or worse, dead.

His steps get faster when he gets nearer to the rooftop. Kris opens the door in front of him, and scenery of the starry night sky stretches out in front of him. The cold air blows in his face, blowing his blonde hair. He takes a look around just to find some snipers are hiding in their positions. Kris looks at his watch and gives them a sign to be ready since it is 9PM and the thief will be there soon.

Taking out a box from his suit and opening it, Kris then looks at a blue-eyed ring with very beautiful carving. Just by one glance, people would instantly fall in love with the beauty of the ring. A beauty that is can’t be compared to any other ring in this world, a beauty that is timeless. That’s why it’s called eternal ring.

Kris takes that eternal ring from the box and puts the ring on his left index finger. Smiling in satisfaction, he then looks up at the starry night sky..

 “It’s really a beautiful night to arrest you Kim Jongin. Let’s see, can you steal this ring from my finger and flee away without being arrested?” Kris smirk grows wider as he sees a shadow is moving from one roof to another before finally landing elegantly at the museum’s rooftop, few meters away from where he stands.

“Aihh finally you come here mister mysterious thief, or can I call you Kim Jongin..” Kris smirks at the figure in fornt of him. He looks relaxed with his arms crossed on his chest. 

Before him, Jongin is standing and opening his hoodie, showing his face which is covered by a white phantom mask. The night wind blows his cloak and his brown hair, makes him looks so mysterious and cool.

“I come to fulfill your challenge, and I think it’s time to end everything.” Jongin answers in a serious tone. But both of them still stay in their positions, no one be hurry off to start the action. 

 “So, I’m so curious how can you steal that ring for me,” Kris shows his fingers, and Jongin can clearly see the ring embedded around his index finger.

“Well, I think you’ve prepared everything so well tonight. Do you really want to arrest me? or maybe, you finally feel so tired by your lost?” Jongin smirks to Kris who is glaring at him.

“I think my hatred is the one that makes me want to end all of your actions. Why did you bring Kyungsoo into your world? How dare you taint my brother’s innocent mind? Do you intend to harm Kyungsoo for your sake?” Kris’s voice sounds deep and full with anger. Jongin can see killer aura from the tall figure in front of him. He takes a breath and walks toward Kris slowly.

“No sir, sadly you’re wrong. The one who poison my mind is your younger brother, not me! And I never wanted to involve anybody in my life but what can I say to the destiny?”

Kris laughs sarcastically when he hears Jongin’s answer. “You don’t need to bring destiny here. You just need to give up and end your action in the jail!”

“Then, I’m so sorry, but I refuse to do that. I’ve promised to your brother that I will come back to him safely.” Jongin smiles to Kris. There’s no fear in his eyes.

“Say that after you can flee away from me bastard!” Kris runs toward Jongin and try to catch him, but Jongin easily runs away from him. Jongin moves around fast and agile, avoiding every attack from Kris.

Seeing the condition, Kris knows that it won’t be as easy as he think to arrest Jongin because all these times, he has superhuman ability when comes to the terms of physical endurance. But, don’t call him Kris if he didn’t prepare everything. And Kris isn’t a stupid officer, who can easily give up. He’s tough and well trained to face a situation like this.

Kris sees a chance when Jongin turns around to avoid his jab. Immediately he is reaching out his feet, tackling the thief. Jongin, who has no time to avoid Kris’s tackle, finally falls forward, but with agility, he grabs Kris’s hands and pulls the taller man fall forward while he sneaks his fingers around Kris’s index finger. Jongin smiles in victory when he successfully takes off the eternal ring from Kris’s finger, and he steps back with the lightning speed.

 “I told you before if I can take this ring from you..” Jongin smirks as he shows the ring in his finger. Kris gasps for a while and suddenly raises his hand when Jongin tries to run away and jump off from the rooftop.

Gunshots suddenly heard and in the blink of eye, Jongin falls onto the floor. Fresh blood flows from his right thigh. He winces in pain and looks at Kris with full anger.

 “You are bastard, Kris. When did you set the snipers here?” cussing at Kris, Jongin bites his lips to suppress his pain.

“I said to you before, don’t make the officers angry if you don’t want to get any problems. I only use my power to bring out the snipers since they are set for the difficult situation like this,” Kris approaches Jongin and smirks for him. He’s ready to handcuff him, but Jongin rolls his body and try to jump off.

Once again, gunshots heard and a bullet grazes Jongin’s shoulder. He lost his balance, then falling down, where some officers are already stand by to arrest him. Jongin closes his eyes and smiles bitterly.

“So, it’s over. I’m sorry Kyungsoo, I can’t fulfill my promise to you..” Jongin says to himself. He knows so well if he can’t flee anymore this time.

 

***

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

I run so hard to the central museum, where Baekhyun is waiting for me. My heart is beating so fast and my mind is ed up. I can imagine what happen there while I’m running right now. As I approach the museum’s gate I hear gunshots from the museum rooftop. Suddenly, my heart feels about to stop beating, and I don’t want to imagine anything. I just hope I can find Baekhyun soon.

I fasten my steps toward the crowd in front of museum’s gate. I can see Baekhyun is standing among them, but suddenly my attention turns again when I hear gunshots for twice. I take a look above and I see someone is falling down. For a while, I feel time stops and my heart is stop beating. Suddenly I lost my voice although I really want to scream when I realize that the falling figure is Jongin. I can do nothing. I just stand silently as my eyes follow that figure falls squarely in the crowd of officers who already set vigil.

 “What happened? Why Jongin falls after gunshots were heard? Is he okay? Is he still alive? Is he arrested? Is everything over now?” so many questions come to my mind. And I still stand transfixed in my place. I can’t hear the crowd around me. All that I can hear is only questions which continue to reverberate relentless in my mind.

 “Somebody, please wake me. Tell me if he’s not Jongin and I’m just dreaming now..”

 

-tbc-