Waiting for "Tonight"

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

 

“Kyungsoo, are you all right?”

Kyungsoo turns his head onto the door. "Oh my God, Kris hyung..." He whispers softly, looking at Kai in panic. While the doorknob is rotating slowly, indicating that Kris is trying to open the door, Kyungsoo feels his blood suddenly flowing out of his face. Without thinking anymore, he quickly frees himself from Kai’s embrace and runs to the door to keep it closed. But it’s too late. The door is cracking open and Kris’ face appears with a concerned expression on it.

 "Hey, what are you doing in the dark room like this?” Kris looks around with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo couldn’t feel more relieved because as soon as the door opened, the lamp was turned off. It must be Kai who did that.

“A-ahh, I’m going to sleep hyung, so I turned off the lamp.” Ignoring his loud heartbeat, Kyungsoo approaches his big brother. His left hand reaches the door, trying to close it to prevent Kris from seeing inside the room.

“But I heard you screaming just now. Are you all right?"

Kyungsoo quickly nods his head, panicked. He tries his best to push Kris out. From the corner of his eye, Kyungsoo glances toward the place Kai was standing earlier, but that thief isn’t there anymore. Silently he releases a breath of relief.

"Ah I'm okay hyung. I cried out because I kicked the bed’s foot when I walked in." Kyungsoo grins awkwardly, still holding the door with all his might, stopping Kris from getting in. He’s still not sure if Kai is still in the room or not, so it’s better for him to be cautious.

"But I heard you were talking with someone. Is anybody in your room?"

"Ah, no hyung. Maybe you just misheard…”

Kyungso’s weird act makes Kris wonder, so he throws a deep stare into his younger brother, trying to find the reason behind his behavior. But all he sees are Kyungsoo’s big orbs that look into him pleadingly for some unknown reason.

“But why don’t you let me to take a look around, Kyungie?”

Kyungsoo gulps nervously. He’s worried that Kai might still be in his room, but his logic dictates he has surely gone hiding in a secret place by now, so he decides to give up and loosens his grip on the door. “W-why did you think about something like that, hyung? Of course you can go in...” Kyungsoo smiles awkwardly, opening more space for his brother to enter.

The room is dark, the only source of light coming from the window, but both of them can still see clearly inside the room. Kris looks around into every inch of the room, but he doesn’t find anyone there. Drawing a breath of relief, he turns back to face his brother.

"Ah, okay Kyungie. I think you are right, it’s just my mistake.” He smiles gently and walks to the door. “Go sleep sleepyhead, but don't forget to close your window. It’s gotten colder lately,” Kris caresses Kyungsoo’s hair and then walks away.

As soon as Kris steps out of the room, Kyungsoo immediately closes the door, leaning back on it and taking a breath of relief.  He glances to every corner of his room, but he sees no sign of the thief. So, he quickly runs to the balcony, but there is also no one there. Suddenly his eyes catch a paper plastered on the window. Carefully, he picks it up, reading every word with a drumming heart.

 

“I’ll come again tomorrow night, just prepare yourself Kyungie...”

 

Knowing it must be Kai who wrote this, a bright smile suddenly creeps up on his face. But the smile turns into a frown when he realizes that he was feeling so happy knowing that Kai will come again.

~Why am I smiling like idiot just by imagining it? Aishh, please don’t tell me if I’ve already fallen for him...~ Frustrated, Kyungsoo gazes at the starry night sky, wishing his heart will calm down quickly.

 

***

 

“So, last night he came into your room again and your brother almost caught you? Seriously, Kyungsoo, how could he break into someone’s apartment so easily? Moreover, your room is on the third floor!” Baekhyun’s eyes widen in disbelief, seeing Kyungsoo just shrugging his shoulders lightly, as if the unanswered questions about the thief are no big deal.

“Is Kai really that thief? I still can’t believe it!” This time, Baekhyun has to lowers his voice because some of students are hanging around them. And Baekhyun has promised Kyungsoo that he won’t let his big mouth reveal anything about the thief’s secret.

“You saw him with your own eyes back then, in the museum, Baeky, so why are you still asking me?” The doe-eyed boy leans back to his chair, raising his eyebrows. The eyeliner guy before him just grins a little ashamed then continues drinking his orange juice.

“Everything just feels so unreal. Some days ago I still saw Kai as the prince of this school and then you showed me another side of him. Not to mention how he tried to you back then. Somehow I feel like everything is just a dream. Among the thousands of people in Seoul, why is it only the both of us who know about this? I-I still can’t believe it Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo just stays silent, staring at his friend while his mind was processing what Baekhyun said. It made him wonder too. After some silent moments, finally, Kyungsoo takes a deep breath, closing his eyes in desperation. “I can’t believe it, Baeky. I still don’t understand why that thief came for me in my first night in this city. And how could I meet him again in this school? Is fate playing a joke on me?”

Light giggles come from Baekhyun, making Kyungsoo turns to face the latter. “Yeah, I think it’s a fate Kyungsoo. You are destined to be with Kai.” A playful smirk forms in the corner of Baekhyun’s lips as Kyungsoo’s eyes quickly widen in surprise.

“H-how can you said that Baekhyun? O-Of course I’m not!” Kyungsoo yells out, but it just makes Baekhyun laugh harder.

“Why are you stuttering Kyungsoo? Are you feeling nervous now?”

“No! Just stop it!” Throwing a death glare at Baekhyun, Kyungsoo tries to make him. But to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo’s anger doesn’t look all that scary. Actually, it seems cute with that adorable pout on Kyungsoo’s thick, plump lips. Baekhyun can’t help but pinch Kyungsoo’s cheek gently, making Kyungsoo jump in surprise and then throw an even more intense glare at him. But the eyeliner guy still laughs happily, as if he forgot about everything that concerned him earlier.

Feeling annoyed, Kyungsoo buries his face on the table, mumbling some curses under his breath. Somehow he regrets telling Baekhyun everything about him and Kai. But he promised him before and Kyungsoo couldn’t help it when Baekhyun kept throwing questions at him about the thief.

 So, being a good friend who always honors his word, Kyungsoo told him everything after Baekhyun promised to keep it a secret. And Baekhyun’s reaction wasn’t getting better as days passed by. The more he heard from Kyungsoo about his meetings with Kai, the more comments he made. But somehow with Baekhyun knowing everything, Kyungsoo feels some of the burden lifting from his shoulders. But still, Baekhyun isn’t the type of guy who lets someone live peacefully. He keeps teasing Kyungsoo about him and Kai. And that’s why Kyungsoo regrets it.

“Speaking about Kai, isn’t it he the one walking with Chanyeol over there?” Kyungsoo quickly shoot up from his desk and throws his gaze onto the direction where Baekhyun is pointing.

There, on the other side of schoolyard, Kyungsoo can see Kai walking with Chanyeol. They’re talking about something happily and when they pass couples of girls, Kyungsoo can see Kai flashing his infamous smirk at them and of course, the girls are squealing in joy.

“Hahaha, look at yourself, Kyungie. If your eyes could throw fire, you would burn those girls.” Baekhyun laughs happily seeing his friend glaring daggers at the girls. Sometimes, Baekhyun doesn’t understand why Kyungsoo is so easy to read.

“I wouldn’t!” The doe-eyed boy states firmly, turning his eyes on the two figures walking. Seeing Kyungsoo’s denial, Baekhyun just shakes his head in disbelief, light giggles still coming from his lips as he notices his friend’s tight grip on the window’s sill.

“Yeah, you would Kyungie. I know it…” Baekhyun sing-songs happily, making Kyungsoo once again glare with his round eyes. “Then will you meet him?” This time, Baekhyun really stops laughing and looks at his friend with serious gaze. The latter doesn’t answer directly, but he takes a deep breath and leans forward onto the window, shaking his head slowly.

“Maybe not. I think I shouldn’t meet him again at school. Like Chanyeol sunbae said before, maybe I need to stay away from Kai right now, so it’s better for us to keep away from them.”

Silence falls between them. Suddenly an idea hits Baekhyun. “Do you think Chanyeol sunbae is also part of the thief act? I mean, he’s Kai’s best friend, so it would be too weird for him to know nothing.”

Baekhyun’s words make Kyungsoo remembers again his conversation with Chayeol, days before. He remembers Chanyeol’s words when he asked about Kai’s true identity and judging from his answer, Kyungsoo can sense Chanyeol must know something about the thief thing. But it’s too early to reach any conclusions.

“I don’t know Baek, but I also feel something fishy going on between them.” Darting his gaze away from his friend and back to the two boys, Kyungsoo suddenly jolts in surprised when Kai looks up to where he is. Kyungsoo can feel his heartbeat stopping when their eyes meet and Kai is throwing a very shining smile towards him.

“Aigoo… The prince finally set his eyes on you.” Baekhyun comments sarcastically, but Kyungsoo tries to ignore it. What fills his mind is just Kai and Kai and nothing else. Then Kyungsoo remembers the note Kai left last night. He remembers Kai will come again tonight. And now, seeing the boy only makes him feel nervous about tonight.

“Somebody spaced out…” The words are whispered teasingly in Kyungsoo’s ear, making the boy snap out of his own daydream. “How long do you plan on staring at Kai with that drooling face, Kyungie?”Kyungsoo feels his face getting hotter, and from the corner of his eyes, he can see Baekhyun grinning like idiot beside him. “Somebody’s falling in love...” The last words finally make Kyungsoo turn around and push the grinning boy back.

“Hey what was that for?” Baekhyun whines in protest but Kyungsoo keeps hitting him lightly.

“For teasing me non-stop, and for being an annoying brat, Baekhyun!” Finally Kyungsoo stops his attack and releases Baekhyun while he comes back to staring at the two boys in the yard.

“But it’s true Kyungie. How can you say that you don’t have a crush on him when right in front of my eyes, you are looking at him full of love and awe. The way you look at him now is like you don’t want him to ever leave your sight. You know Kyungie, I'm sure Kai must be shivering down there.” Baekhyun laughs loudly, ignoring Kyungsoo’s threats. He doesn’t mind being punched or kicked again by Kyungsoo and starts his teasing again. Seeing Kyungsoo’s blushing face is the most entertaining thing for Baekhyun.

“Ahh shut your mouth Baekhyun!!” Feeling frustrated by Baekhyun’s non-stop teasing, Kyungsoo decides to go away from his evil friend. So, with a final glare towards Baekhyun, Kyungsoo walks angrily out of the classroom. But before he reaches the door, the bell is ringing, forcing him back to his seat, beside a laughing Byun Baekhyun.

“You bastard!! I hate you.” Kyungsoo mutters slowly at Baekhyun, but the latter just grins playfully.

“You are welcome, Kyungie. But remember to prepare yourself for tonight…” And once again, Baekhyun successfully makes Kyungsoo grit his teeth in anger, barely restraining himself for throwing the table onto the boy beside him. But somehow, Kyungsoo can’t help but feel more nervous by remembering about tonight.

What is going to happen?

 

*****

 

A/N: hey dear, how are you? umm, okay I don't know what I will say, but welcome for my new subscribers and pls don't be afraid to leave your comment. It always brighten my days and boost my mood to write more and better.. :))

Ahh, last week I felt so sad and upset when saw news about Kai's incident in Incheon airport. Somehow, I felt so angry with the fangirl who made him fell and hurt his arm. How could a fangirl do something so bad to her idol? Okay, I know maybe it was just an accident, but come on, everything wouldn't be that bad if they could handle theirselves and kept being in line.. *sigh* I just hope if that incident won't happent again in the future. We don't want to see our idol suffer because of us, right?

But for my surprised, after that accident, Kai still joined in EXO performance at DKFC although his arm hadn't fully recovered. That's amazing!! How truly idol he is..

So, let's love them more and more, and for all the fangirl around the world, please don't do anything stupid again in the future.. Don't harm your idol and yourself, please stay calm although you want to jump right there and right now when you see your idol walk in front of you.. XD