Confession

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

 

Standing at the balcony, alone, with the starry sky as background, Kyungsoo can’t help but keep glancing at the clock inside his room. It’s almost 10 p.m. and he has already waited there for almost an hour, but Kai hasn’t come, despite saying he would in the memo yesterday. Kyungsoo feels like an idiot because he’s still waiting and hoping for a thief to keep his promise. Luckily, Kris isn’t at home right now. After dinner, the detective returned to headquarter again. He said that he got a call about a murder case and his help was needed to solve the case. So, Kyungsoo will be alone all night long since Kris never came back before a case was over.

“I’m so lucky that Kris hyung isn’t home tonight. But why hasn’t that annoying thief arrived yet? Is he just playing around with me?” Kyungsoo mumbles under his breath. His patience slowly fading away as the clock is ticking and there’s no sign of Kai anywhere.

With a last look at the clock, Kyungsoo finally decides to give up on waiting. He’s too tired to wait any longer. Plus, his heart is beating crazily ever since Kris left the apartment. Walking heavily, he turns towards his room. But suddenly someone is pulling his hand, making him stop in his track and turn around. A warm smile is the first thing that greets him when his black orbs meet Kai’s frame. With a gaze fixed on Kyungsoo’s doe-eyes Kai leans forward and whispers in Kyungsoo’s ears,

“Have you been waiting so long for me, Kyungie?” Kai’s gentle yet seductive voice sends shiversdown his spine. The doe-eyed boy quickly steps back, face blushing crimson.

“W-what do you mean? What reason do I have to wait for you?” Kyungsoo’s reaction only makes Kai’s smile grow bigger. The thief takes a step forward, closing the distance between them. Kyungsoo can’t help but stares at Kai, embarrassed, as the latter takes his right hand, bringing it to his lips and kissing it gently. Kyungsoo can hear his own heartbeat getting louder and faster. “W-what are you d-doing, Kai?” He mumbles slowly, staring at Kai who is still holding his hand and smiling gently.

“Didn’t you miss me Kyungie?”

Surprised by Kai’s question, Kyungsoo quickly pulls away his hand, making Kai looks at him in confusion. “Y-yah, what kind of question is this?! Miss you? O-of course not!” He yells dizzily, looking everywhere but at the thief in front of him.

“O-oh, why are you so mean to me, Kyungie?” Pouting, Kai gives Kyungsoo adorable puppy eyes, making Kyungsoo bit his bottom lips in embarrassment. “Don’t you know that I missed you so bad?”

Once again, Kai successfully makes Kyungsoo’s face turns shade of dark red with his statement. Kyungsoo tries so hard to hide his fluttering heart by scowling at Kai.

“Of course I know.Because I’m so adorable that everyone goes crazy missing me.” Kyungsoo says in the most sarcastic voice he can muster, but Kai just laughs at that.

“So, you knew that I missed you? But why did you ignore me at school today?” Kai grabs Kyungsoo’s waist, pulling the smaller boy closer. “It really made me sad Kyungie…”

Starring at Kai’s black orbs, Kyungsoo remembers about his conversation with Chanyeol. It was the reason why he kept avoiding Kai in the school. Chanyeol made him promised not to go near Kai or act as if they know each other.

So, like a good boy, Kyungsoo tried to keep this promise. Moreover, he always feels uneasy every time he met Chanyeol’s big brown eyes. Somehow he could feel Chanyeol seeing inside his mind and reading his every thought. So, today Kyungsoo managed to hide away as soon as he saw Kai with Chanyeol and their friends.

“W-why does it make you sad? And here I was thinking you wouldn’t want to be seen near me after that day I punched you.” Kyungsoo tries to find an acceptable reason. But it seems like Kai isn’t satisfied, judging from the way his expression keeps straight.

“And no one knows, we are familiar with each other? I think it would be weird if, suddenly, out of the blue, the new student got so close with his sunbae.” Kyungsoo still tries to makes Kai agree with him. Honestly, he doesn’t understand why he’s working so hard to ease Kai by finding acceptable reasons.

“Hmm, I guess you’re right, Kyungie. But, that’s not a real reason for me. Since you know me, you can talk to me, intimately, like this.” Pausing for a while, Kai pulls Kyungsoo closer until their faces are almost touching, “You even tried to catch me when I was doing something dangerous. Why can’t you take a risk and greet me at school?” He talks slowly and in gentle voice, making Kyungsoo feel uneasy. The doe-eyes boy takes a deep breath, gaining some bravery to look directly onto the latter’s eyes.

“I can’t Kai... You know, for me that Kai, who came into my room at my first night in Seoul and the one who I chased is not Kai, the sunbae I met in the school cafeteria. The Kai that I know is Kai, the mysterious thief. Your two identities are so different that it feels like two different people. And, sometimes, that confuses me.”

Loosening his embrace, Kai reaches out his hand to caress Kyungsoo’s cheek. “Don’t be confused Kyungie, because both of me, as the thief and your school sunbae, will treat you the same. Both of them won’t lie in front of you.” A sweet smile comes across Kai’s lips. Kyungsoo can feel his heart beating uncontrollably again.

“B-but I never knew anything about Kai as Kim Jongin. I used to know everything about you as the mysterious thief.”

“So, you’re saying that you want to know me better? Is it mean that you starting to have special feeling toward me?” Kai’s smile suddenly turns into a smirk. And Kyungsoo silently blames himself for saying something like that.

“A-aniya!! I-I just want to know the reason why you became a thief? Baekhyun told me that you’re the only son of the owner of Kim’s Fashion Company, so I think there’s no reason for you to be a thief if it’s about the money.”

 “Wow, you know so much about me? Seriously Kyungie, I think you’re infatuated with me.” Kai smirks mischievously, making Kyungsoo pushes him back so he’s no longer standing in Kai’s arms.

“Yah, just answer me! I don’t have much time to play with you.” Kyungsoo scowls, feeling annoyed by Kai’s teasing. He can’t understand why everyone likes teasing him today. Before him, Kai just laughs and leans on the balcony railing.

 “Okay, okay, don’t be angry Kyungie. You look so adorable when you’re pouting like that...” Kyungsoo quickly stops pouting and forces himself to keep a poker face that contrasts with the red shade on his cheeks. Kai can’t help but laugh even more at Kyungsoo’s actions. “I’ll tell you the truth, but what will you give to me as a reward?”

“Reward?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows in confusion.

“Yep. Nothing’s free in this world Kyungie. I’m a thief so you must know I can’t give you anything for free. At least you have something interesting to bargain.”

“W-what?? Listen Kim Jongin, if you try to me again as a reward, I’d rather not know your reason!” Kyungsoo throws a death glare to the thief. Of course he won’t give something precious like his ity to the thief although he might be secretly in love with him. He’s not the kind of ty boy who easily gives his to someone who’s not his lover. But to his surprise, Kai bursts out laughing he hears Kyungsoo’s statement.

“Hey, what’s inside your mind Kyungie? Are you thinking I want to take you as my reward?” Kyungsoo can’t help but blush madly for the nth times that night. “Omooo, am I right? Well, it seems like our first meeting was unforgettable for you.”

“D-don’t misunderstand, I’m just taking precautions!” Trying to ignore Kai’s sly smirk and muttered ‘okay’, he takes a deep breath to calm his heartbeat. “So what do you want as a reward?”

“How about letting me hug you when I’m storytelling? I will need some warmth because it’s kind of a sad story to tell.” Kai smiles, opening his arms widely and signaling for Kyungsoo to come closer and accept the offer. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in disbelief, but after a few minutes of deep thought, Kyungsoo slowly approaches Kai, positioning his petite body between Kai’s arms.

“Tell me.” The doe-eyed boy murmurs slowly, trying to hide his embarrassment by averting his gaze from Kai’s eyes.

So, without wasting any more time, Kai’s smile grows wider and he pulls Kyungsoo in his embrace. He quickly sits on the floor, with Kyungsoo in his lap, back facing him while Kai ties his hands around Kyungsoo’s small waist. Kyungsoo’s warm body, so close to his own, makes the thief feels so comfortable.  Tightening his embrace, Kai starts to tell his story.

“So, I became a thief to get my parent’s attention. I want them to look at me, their only son. Like what you said before, my parents are successful businessmen who own the biggest fashion company in Korea. As their only son and heir, I have pretty much anything I wish; money, cars, private apartments. They always gave me everything I wanted to replace their presence. You know, my father, as a businessman, is always so busy, and my mother, as the good wife, always accompanies him wherever he goes, leaving me all alone with money and useless expensive things. I always feel so lonely. I want their presence with me, but it seems like they never cared about me. For them, business is number one. Too bad for me...” Kai pauses a bit. From the corner of his eyes, Kyungsoo can see a bitter smile plastered on his lips. Unconsciously, he caresses Kai’s hand gently to calm him. “That’s why I started thinking about a way to make them look at me, to make them realize my existence, not only their business.”

“But, why a thief?” Kyungsoo asks slowly, looking into Kai with a confused gaze.

“Because I think it’s so cool to be a mysterious thief, just like the movies.” Soft giggles come out from Kai’s lips, making Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

“Seriously Kai, that’s the most stupid reason to become a thief. You are not a five year old boy.” Hearing Kyungsoo’s sarcastic comment, Kai’s giggles stop to be replaced by a gentle smile.

“Hey, stop being a meanie to me...” He pinches Kyungsoo’s cheeks softly, receiving an adorable pout from the boy in front of him. “Actually, being a mysterious thief was my and Chanyeol’s idea.”

Kyungsoo flinches hearing Chanyeol’s name from Kai’s lips. “C-Chanyeol sunbae?” He stares at Kai in disbelief, widening his eyes when the latter nods surely. “So Chanyeol sunbae also plays a role in all your actions?” Once again, Kai nods lightly, still smiling as if that’s not shocking news. He even finds that Kyungsoo’s reaction is a bit funny with eyes growing wider and lips open slightly because of the surprise.

 “Yep, he does. It all started when I met Chanyeol in middle school. We had some similarities and we grew with the same interest in sports among other things, so it made us come closer. After my first visit to Chanyeol’s house, I knew that Chanyeol’s parents were art collectors. So, like father like son, he also has an obsession toward antiquities, especially the rare and protected items. Then one day, when I told him about my plan to get my parent’s attention, suddenly that idea popped up in our heads. What if we became mysterious thieves, stealing special art objects? I needed to gain more attention and Chanyeol wanted to get all those art objects that he liked so much. Moreover it sounded so cool to prepare everything and become thieves. We read many detective novels, learning about technology and hacking systems, also training our body in martial arts.” Kai laughs lightly, remembering everything he and Chanyeol did years before. “And now you can see Kyungie, we have succeeded in becoming great thieves. I used the mask of the mysterious thief and Chanyeol moves in behind as my partner. We are the best team!”

“Yes you are...” Unconsciously, Kyungsoo speaks out loud. He quickly covers his mouth as soon as he realizes what he said. Fortunately, Kai just laughs lightly, not saying anything. It makes Kyungsoo feels so relieved knowing he doesn’t get any teasing from the thief. So, he quickly regains his mind and asks more. “But why a thief, Kai? You know, stealing is a crime.”

Kai can feel the anxiety in Kyungsoo’s serious tone. And yeah, he knows it too. He’s always been aware of it. “Because I thought it was fun to take something that is protected. Moreover I want to attract the public’s attention quickly, and I always wondered if my parent’s would recognize me after seeing the news.” Kai pauses, looking back at the night sky. “But it turns out they still don't care.” A sad tone lingers in Kai’s words, making Kyungsoo’s heart clutches in the sight of Kai’s bitter smile.

Silence falls between them as Kyungsoo moves closer to Kai’s warm chest and Kai tightens his embrace, consuming Kyungsoo’s warmth to soothe his aching heart. Gently, Kyungsoo places his hand on Kai’s chest, feeling his soft heartbeat under his palm.

“But until when are you going to keep this up, Kai?” Kyungsoo whispers softly.

“I don’t know. Maybe, as long as there’re still pieces that Chanyeol wants to steal,” Kai shrugs his shoulders lightly, eyes still thrown into the dark sky.

“Seriously Kai…”

Then he turns his eyes, staring at the smaller boy in his arms.  He smiles tenderly when finding something on those round black orbs. “Once, I thought I would stop being a thief if both my parents came back to me. But, I think something changed lately, and I found a better reason...”

“Better reason?” Kyungsoo starts growing curious by Kai’s answer.

The thief nods happily and keeps staring at Kyungsoo’s eyes. He caresses the smaller boy’s cheeks in the most loving way while their faces are just mere inches away from each other. “Maybe if I can steal you, I will stop it all.” Kai whispers softly, sly smirk plastered on his lip, making Kyungsoo blushing madly upon hearing those words.

“Ah seriously Kai!!” The petite boy yells in frustrated.

“I’m so serious Kyungsoo. If I was not serious about you, I wouldn’t save you when you fell from the museum’s rooftop.”

“Ahh, why did you do that?” Suddenly that question pops again in his mind, the question that he wanted answered for such a long time.

“Like I said before, I don’t know Kyungsoo. I just felt part of my heart yelling out when I saw you falling. And when I came back to my senses, I was going down with you in my embrace. After that, I got a broken rib and my whole body was aching so bad, till I couldn’t walk for two days. I even made Chanyeol angry and stayed away from me for the whole day. But somehow, I didn’t regret my decision to save you. I think that it’s the best decision I made in my whole life, because I realized that I don’t want to lose you.”

Kyungsoo feels his heart flutter with an unfamiliar feeling. He can even hear his heartbeat because it’s beating so loud. His blood runs to his face, turning it red. Desperately, Kyungsoo snuggles into Kai’s chest, burying his blushing face onto the strong muscles.

“You know, maybe I’m falling in love with you Do Kyungsoo.” Kai’s confession makes Kyungsoo shoot back and stare at the thief in disbelief. His mouth opens, but no sound comes out. Although he tries hard to form coherent words, it seems like he’s lost his talking ability, due to Kai’s confession.

“Yeah, I love you Do Kyungsoo. And I mean it. I’m serious about it.” He caresses Kyungsoo’s cheek, bringing it closer to his face. “Do you accept my feeling?”

“I…I…” Finally Kyungsoo finds his voice again. He stares directly into Kai’s eyes and finds no lies there. Everything he said earlier is the truth and it sends jolts of happiness in Kyungsoo’s chest. Biting his bottom lip, Kyungsoo finally nods slowly, averting his gaze from Kai’s eyes. But from the corner of his eye, he can see Kai’s smile grow wider and it’s filled with happiness. And then, a soft pair of lips touches Kyungsoo’s lips, making him gasps in surprise.

“W-what are you doing, Kai?” Although it’s not his first kiss with Kai, but Kyungsoo feels like it’s their first time kissing in such a romantic atmosphere like that.

“From now, please call me Jongin. I never let anyone call me by my real name, except my parents and Chanyeol. Now because you’re someone special for me, I want you to call me Jongin. Okay?” Kyungsoo nods slowly, still fascinated by their kiss.

And his heartbeat increases again as Kai leans forward, capturing Kyungsoo’s lips in a sloppy kiss. Butterflies fill Kyungsoo’s stomach as Kai starts to nibble Kyungsoo’s bottom lips, deepening their kiss more and more. Under the moonlight, their hearts both beat faster along with their lips that are touching.

 

-tbc-

 

A/N: Well hello my dear readers, how are you all?

I’m so sorry for making you wait for “tonight” chapter, but I hope that Kaisoo moment can help you to forgive me.. anf for everyone who expected some scenes, I have to say I'm sorry guys, I couldn't get any feeling to make this chapter ty since I want to make it romantic and fluffy. maybe next time.. ehehee..

And welcome for the new subscribers. Wow, I can’t believe that I can gain so many subscribers. Thanks a lot gals. I love ya all. Pls feel free to leave your comments.. :))