Three Days Without You

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

 

Baekhyun screams hysterically seeing his friend and the thief falling off the roof in front of his eyes. He can't imagine what is going to happen to them. His heart is pounding fast and he feels scared. At that moment, he just wants to run down immediately and find Kyungsoo, but the electricity is still off. So, all he can do is just stare into the darkness underneath the building, drowning into his own worry about his friend’s well-being.

"Oh my god, what happen to Kyungsoo? Argh, what should I do now?" Baekhyun mumbles frustrated.

But to his relief, a minute later the electricity comes back. Baekhyun immediately runs down and out of the tower. He goes to the park, where he saw Kyungsoo fall earlier. The area around the museum is still full of officers. Honestly, Baekhyun isn’t sure whether Kyungsoo and the thief were safe after falling from third floor. But he keeps hoping for his friend and finally after looked around for a few minutes, he finds Kyungsoo, lying on the grass alone. His eyes are closed and but his chest is moving up and down slowly. Baekhyun quickly runs over him.

"Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo, are you okay?!" Baekhyun shakes Kyungsoo’s body to check. When the smaller boy opens his eyes, he can’t help but take a breath of relief. He embraces Kyungsoo tightly, ignoring the whimpers of pain from the latter feeling grateful because his friend is still alive.

 

***

 

When morning comes, Kyungsoo opens his eyes slowly, sighing heavily, he rubs them and sits up on his bed. He stares blankly at the glass window, looking into the blue sky behind the thin curtain. Last night, he couldn’t sleep. His body ached so much because of the fall. Besides that, every time he closed his eyes, Kai’s face always came to Kyungsoo’s mind, making his heart beat faster and louder in his ears. It made it hard for him to sleep peacefully.

Slowly Kyungsoo climbs off from his bed and walks to the bathroom. He winches softly when pain shoots from his knees, making his body hurt. Never again in his life will he do something stupid like jumping from third floor without any preparations. This though makes him realize that he should be very grateful towards Kai for saving him. If he hadn’t, Kyungsoo can’t imagine how his state would be right now. He might have ended up in the hospital last night.

When he sees his reflection on the mirror, Kyungsoo can’t help but sigh at his looks. Dark bags under his doe eyes, making him look like a zombie. Suddenly, he doesn’t feel like going to school. He isn’t ready to meet Kai again. Not yet. And he also feels so frustrated about facing Baekhyun later. Last night, Baekhyun kept asking endless questions about him and the mysterious thief. But Kyungsoo was too tired to answer, and he just let Baekhyun blabber, until they reached his apartment.

~Ahh what did I do to get into all this trouble? God, I just want to live peacefully in this city...~  Kyungsoo mumbles softly, staring at his face in the mirror annoyed.

 

***

 

"I saw his face Kyungsoo. I could see him clearly under the moonlight and I’m sure it was Kai. He is the mysterious thief, isn't he?"

Kyungsoo is staring deeply at Baekhyun who whispers softly at him, as if they are talking about a big secret. They are in the school cafeteria now, eating lunch. And seconds after they took a seat with their food, Baekhyun began talking about last night’s incident. The doe-eyed boy sighs heavily. He doesn’t know why it is so hard to answer Baekhyun’s question.

"Hey, why do you keep silent Kyungie? Did you know before last night?" Baekhyun asks, really irritated by his friend’s silence.

"Umm yeah, I knew, Baekhyun.”  Kyungsoo turns his gaze towards Baekhyun who is staring at him in disbelief.

"You knew??! And you kept silent all this while??” Baekhyun yells, while Kyungsoo just nods softly. “Don’t tell me that this was the reason you were so angry with Kai yesterday!” Once again, Kyungsoo just nods, shrugging his shoulder lightly, making the eyeliner boy widen his eyes. Baekhyun’s looks so excited, as if he just discovered a great thing.

"Oh my God! It will be awesome if we tell everyone Kyungie! Can you imagine…"

"No, Baekhyun!"  Before Baekhyun can finish his words, Kyungsoo suddenly cuts him panicked. "Don't do that. Don’t tell anyone. Please just keep it a secret between us."

Kyungsoo’s words make Baekhyun curious. He throws a confuse gaze onto his friend. “Why? I thought you said you wanted to reveal the true identity of the mysterious thief, behind mask. And now you’re telling me the opposite. What’s wrong Kyungie?"

A long deep breath comes out of Kyungsoo lips. He can’t deny that some time ago, he really wanted to reveal Kai’s face to everyone. But after last night’s events, suddenly all of his intentions melt away. Now, Kyungsoo feels like he doesn't want Kai's identity to be revealed to the public. He doesn’t want the officers arresting him, either.

"I don’t know Baek. I just think that I shouldn’t do that to the person who saved my life last night.” Silence drops between them. Then Kyungsoo continues talking. “Plus, they won't believe us easily if we say this, without proof. Do you remember what you said to me when I told you earlier?"

“Umm yeah...” Baekhyun nods slowly, thinking about Kyungsoo’s statement. Sure it won’t be easy for them to persuade everyone that Kai is the mysterious thief. And moreover it must be hard for Kyungsoo to betray the one who saved him last night. It’s not easy to someone who has a heart to do such a shameless thing to his savior.

"Okay Kyungie, let’s make this our secret." Baekhyun smiles softly, patting Kyungsoo’s hand. Then he leans back to his chair, staring at the latter who is busy eating his lunch. His mind drifts to various kinds of things, until he realizes that Chanyeol is walking into the cafeteria.

"Hey, is that Chanyeol? But where is Kai? It’s so weird that they aren’t together.” Baekhyun comments, eyes still plastered on the tall boy’s figure. Kyungsoo quickly diverts his eyes from his ramen and looks towards the place, where Chanyeol is taking his lunch.

"Hey Kyungie, is it possible that Kai got injured so badthat he can’t come to school today?” Baekhyun still looks at Chanyeol who is now taking a seat not far from them.

There’s no answer from Kyungsoo. The doe-eyed boy just stares at the tall blonde boy while his mind is filled by Kai and Baekhyun’s last sentence. Maybe, Kai is injured badly. He should be in a pretty bad condition, considering that they fell from the third floor last night.

 "I think I need to talk to him." Suddenly Kyungsoo says and gets up from the chair, making Baekhyun looks at him in confusion.

"But w-wait... Ah hey Kyungie, just please don't make trouble again!" Baekhyun shouts to Kyungsoo who is halfway to Chanyeol by then. The petite boy just waves his hand in agreement.

Actually, Kyungsoo feels a little scared to meet Chanyeol, the one who always stands by Kai. He knew Chanyeol always smiles and acts friendly towards everyone at school, but sometimes, he can feel Chanyeol’s gaze drilling the back of his head every time they meet.  Kyungsoo doesn’t know why. Besides, Chanyeol is his senior, and their first meeting wasn’t ideal. So, it’s hard for Kyungsoo to try talking to the boy, but heknows that he has to do it. He wants to know about Kai. So, he takes a deep breath, trying to soothe himself and stops beside Chanyeol’s table.

 "Chanyeol sunbae, can I talk to you?" Kyungsoo feels relieved that his voice doesn’t sounded too weird.

The blond boy stops eating and turns his gaze at Kyungsoo with a flat and unpredictable expression, making Kyungsoo bite his bottom lip to suppress his nervousness. But, then Chanyeol nods and lets Kyungsoo sits across him.

"Thank you sunbae. Umm, actually I just want to ask you about Kai sunbae. Where is he? You both used to be together before." Kyungsoo goes straight to the point. Chanyeol’s aura somehow makes him wants to end their conversation as soon as he gets an answer. But Chanyeol keeps silent, looking at Kyungsoo with a cold gaze.

"Why do you want to know about him?" Chanyeol’s voice sounds offended. His courage decreases considerably, yet he tries hard to handle his fear.

"A-ah a-aniya, I was just wondering sunbae. And besides, I need to talk to him about something."

"What's that?" Kyungsoo gasps. He has no idea what to say.

"Umm sunbae, do you know about his identity?" Kyungsoo asks carefully, waiting for Chanyeol reaction. But the latter’s expression is still unpredictable.

"Whose identity?" Calm but cold, making Kyungsoo feels so small.

"K-Kai sshi’s..." Kyungsoo responds with fear and doubt.

"It's not your business. I don't think you need to know anything about us." Chanyeol turns his gaze away from Kyungsoo and finishes his food. Then he gets up, ready to leave.

"Wait sunbae! I just want to know about Kai, is he all right now? Is the wound so bad thathe can't come to school?” Kyungsoo’s question stops Chanyeol. The boy suddenly turns back and stares at Kyungsoo’s black orbs with sharp gaze.

"Thanks to you, yes. Because of your stupid act last night, now he has to stay at home for a while." Chanyeol’s words make Kyungsoo gasps in surprise.

"Is he hurt that bad?” he asks uncertainly, but there is no response from Chanyeol, only the death glare that stabs through Kyungsoo’s chest. "U-uh I'm so sorry sunbae. What can I do to return the favor?"  Kyungsoo says quietly, too petrified to make eye contact with the angry guy.

"All you need to do is just get out of our way. Don't chase or bother Kai again in the future and just act like he never came to you before.” Chanyeol takes a pause, staring at Kyungsoo who is staring back at him with his eyes widened. “And make sure your friend, there, won’t spill out anything about the mysterious thief. That's all you need to do Do Kyungsoo!"

Without waiting for Kyungsoo’s reaction, Chanyeol quickly turns back and walks away, leaving Kyungsoo dumfounded on his place. From his table, Baekhyun eyes Kyungsoo worried, feeling that something bad has happened between him and Chanyeol.

"Omoo, what are you doing this time, Do Kyungsoo?" He draws a heavy breath and walks over to Kyungsoo, dragging him back to their classroom.

 

***

 

Kyungsoo is rolling lazily on the couch of his apartment. Bored, he presses the remote, trying to find some interesting program to watch, but there’s nothing drawing his attention. How can he enjoy a show when his mind is flying somewhere else, while the empty head fills now with Kai and Kai alone?

And it's been three days since his talk with Chanyeol in the cafeteria. And over these days Kyungsoo never sees Kai in school, which makes him even more worried. Guilt fills his heart and he wants to meet Kai soon, to make sure he is still alive. But Chanyeol’s words keep bothering him, restraining him from doing more than just pray silently from afar. And honestly, it makes Kyungsoo so frustrated.

"Ahh what happened to me? Why am I still thinking about him?" Kyungsoo mumbles angrily. He sits up, but then backs down to roll on the couch, like a crazy person.

"What are you doing Kyungie?" Suddenly a deep voice surprises him. He quickly looks up, finding his big brother staring at him with furrowed eyebrows, indicating his confusion about Kyungsoo’s behavior.

"Ah, nothing hyung. I’m just thinking about something." Kris smiles softly when hears his little brother’s answer. He sits down on the arm of the couch and looks at his only brother gently.

"Is it a girl that messes up your mind?" A smirk grows on the corner of Kris’s lips and Kyungsoo gasps at the question.

"No,hyung!"

"Come on Kyungie, tell me. Are you in love again?" Kris’s smirk turns into a wide grin when he sees Kyungsoo’s blushing face.

"No, hyung! I’m not falling in love. And how can I fall for him?"

"Him? You’re in love with a guy?" Kris looks extremely surprised, his eyes widened in disbelief.

And Kris’ reaction makes Kyungsoo realize what he just said. His face turns a dark red right now. He quickly shakes his head refusing everything and wishing Kris will believe it. That he is not in love, especially with a boy. But Kris just takes a deep breath and then smiles again.

"Oh dear, it's okay Kyungie. I think you are free to love anyone. But please just tell hyung if you have any problems. Hyung will be happy if he can help you.." Kris smiles and caresses Kyungsoo’s hair gently.

~Even if he is a thief?~ Kyungsoo just thinks inside his mind, never daring to speak those words to Kris. He just smiles and nods softly at Kris. "Okay hyung. But I'm not sure if I'm in love."

"It's okay Kyungie. But I hope he's a good guy because I will never let you go with a bad person."

Kyungsoo nods quietly, still smiling at his brother, but inside, his mind is wandering somewhere else again. He doesn’t care when Kris gets up and walks to the kitchen, ready to make dinner.

~Am I falling in love with him? Ah, it’s impossible... I just feel guilty, so I keep thinking about him.~ Kyungsoo nods slowly, agreeing with his own conclusion. But deep inside his heart, he knows well that somehow he misses Kai.

~Arghh,stop it,Kyungsoo. Stop thinking about him.~ Kyungsoo groans frustrated, walking into his room. From behind the island, Kris just smiles while seeing his brother in this state.

Arriving in front of his room, Kyungsoo opens the door weakly with eyes still glued on the floor.  When he turns up his gaze he is shocked to see Kai sitting calmly on his bed. A wide smile is plastered on his lips, making him look very handsome in Kyungsoo’s eyes. But Kyungsoo quickly returns back to reality. He quickly steps in and closes the door tightly, feeling scared that Kris might see Kai inside.

“Hay Kyungie..” The darks haired boy greets Kyungsoo in a cheerful tone, making the latter drop his jaw in disbelief.

“H-how can you be in here, Kai? And why do you always come without permission?” Kyungsoo still stares at Kai in shock. He walks slowly toward Kai who is still smiling while staring at him.

After getting close enough to the thief, Kyungsoo gazes at Kai carefully from the ends of his hair to the tips of his toes. He takes a breath of relief after confirming that Kai is fine. At least he’s still in one piece, nothing broken or missing due to the fall from the third floor. Honestly, Kyungsoo feels so relieved. He has no idea whether he should laugh or cry because of he suddenly feel revived. But, after seconds, only a strange laughter comes out of his mouth and tears stream down his face quietly.

 “What’s wrong, Kyungie?” Kai is surprised by Kyungsoo’s reaction. He immediately rises up and stands in front of Kyungsoo who is busy wiping away his tears. “What happened?” Kai asks once again, his voice sounding so calm and gentle in Kyungsoo’s ears, making the doe-eyed boy shake his head slowly. 

“I just feel so relieved because you are okay, Kai.  I thought something bad had happened to you because you saved me the other day.” Kyungsoo manages to say between the sobs, staring at the latter with a weak smile.

“How can you think like that?”

“Chanyeol said,” Kyungsoo stops and chooses not to speak about his meeting with Chanyeol and their conversation earlier. “Ahh, forget it! If you can sneak in here, I’m sure you are all right. I think, I just overreacted about it. I feel so stupid…” Kyungsoo mumbles softly. Before him, Kai chuckles lightly, feeling extremely happy that Kyungsoo was concerned about him. Suddenly he pulls Kyungsoo into an embrace.

“Ahh what are you doing??!” Kyungsoo yells in shock, but Kai just grinning happily while keeps hugging Kyungsoo. But suddenly there are knock coming from the door and Kyungsoo can hear Kris calling for him.

“Kyungsoo, are you all right?” Kris’ voice sounded so anxious behind the closed door. Instantly, Kyungsoo’s face goes blank, and he quickly releases himself from Kai’s embrace as the doorknob begins rotating, indicating Kris is ready to burst in.

 

*****

 

Wooyochie’s note:

Umm hai dear readers, I’m so sorry for my late update. I and my eonnie were so busy lately, so we couldn’t update it last weekend. Sorry for making you wait.. *bow*

And for this chapter, I don’t know why I can’t feel so satisfied, although my eonnie has helped me a lot to beta this chapter (and she made it much better than my original version), but when I re-read again, I still missing something. Maybe it’s because I wrote this chapter while half-sleeping and drooling on my keyboard back then. Ohh, never again wrote fanfic overnight.. *sigh*

And although it’s too late now, I just want to say “HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAISOO!!” Gosh, I was so happy when I see their picture with the birthday cakes, and then my happy smile turned into shocking face when I saw the birthday gifts they got. So so so many birthdays’ gifts! Awesome!! They are really loved by so many people around the world! That’s great!! Ahh I was so happy back then…

 

Okay, enough for the ranting.. See ya in the next chapter.. Ciao.. XD

p.s: image credit for fyeahexofanart.tumblr.com