15 This Isn't The End

You're My Thief (Kaisoo ver)

a/n: Sorry for always make you wait for the update, but I'm still trying. so, Enjoy!


 

“Somebody, please wake me. Tell me he’s not Jongin and I’m just dreaming now..”

 

Kyungsoo feels somebody shaking his shoulders, making him snaps out from his daydream and turns around to see Baekhyun staring at him with much concern on his face.

“Kyungsoo, are you okay?” he shouts at his friend.

Blinking and thinking, Kyungsoo is staring back at Baekhyun before realization hits him hard and makes him pries Baekhyun’s hands on his shoulder. He immediately turns around and runs through the crowd, just to see some officers trying to take the mysterious thief who fell on the mattress they set before. Seeing his boyfriend like that, Kyungsoo can’t hold his burning desire to take Jongin away from the officers. But he’s stopped by the barricade of the officers in front of him.

“Let me go! Let me go! Officer, Sir, please don’t arrest him!” Kyungsoo shouts crazily to the officers with Baekhyun trying so hard to pull Kyungsoo back behind him. But it’s useless. Kyungsoo is too mad to be stopped now. Even some officers also take action to stop him.

“Kid, you must stop it now before we arrest you too!” one of the officers says with stern voice, but Kyungsoo ignores him and continues crying.

“I don’t care about everything! I just want you to let him go, I just want to take him with me!!”

Suddenly a pair of strong hands pulls him back and hugs him tighly. “Give this kid to me, I’ll handle him. Just please hurry taking that thief before he can flee again,” a familiar voice hits Kyungsoo’s ears, making him look up just to find his brother’s poker face. Suddenly, his anger rises up and he starts trashing around, trying so hard to get off from his brother’s embrace.

“Let me go hyung! You don’t have a right to do this to me! Let me go!” Kyungsoo wriggles from Kris’s arms, but it’s useless. Kris is too strong for him. And Kyungsoo starts to cry again.

But after a while, Kris loosens his hold from Kyungsoo’s arms and then forces his younger brother to look into his eyes. Furious and disappointed, he shouts his heart out towards the younger.

“Stop it Kyungie! Open your eyes and just see the reality! It’s over now. That thief is arrested so there’s no more future for both of you!”

It makes Kyungsoo starts to cry. He shakes his head slowly and murmurs quietly, “No hyung, you can’t understand it. I love him madly, and I just can’t let you bring him to the jail,” pausing for a while to sob, he then continues, ”Jongin can always do something to pay for the bad things he did earlier. So please hyung, please let him go...” Kyungsoo begs to his brother, but Kris just stares at him emotionless. And Kyungsoo knows that means no.

Kyungsoo is about to open his mouth and starts begging again when one of the officers comes towards them and gives something to Kris. “Thank you for your cooperation, Sir, we will bring him to the police headquarter now. Would you come with us?” he asks to Kris politely.

Kris just smiles and shakes his head. “I will go after you, I need to finish something here. Just please make sure that you set the best protection when you bring him to the headquarter. Don’t let him run away again.”

The officer briefly takes a glance at Kyungsoo and then nods to Kris. “Please don’t worry, he’s in good hands now.” The officer bows before taking his leave, joining the two officers who are taking Jongin to the police car.

At that time, Kyungsoo wriggles again from Kris’s arms, trying to reach for his boyfriend. “Jongin! Jonginie, please don’t go with them!” Kyungsoo can see Jongin is looking at him and smiles bitterly. His gaze looks so sad, and it stabs Kyungsoo’s heart, making it aches so much.

Turning his gaze to Kris, Kyungsoo tries to beg once again. But his brother simply looks away, ignoring his pleading gaze as he fixes his eyes at the police car. Nothing comes out from his lips, but the hold on Kyungsoo’s arm gets tightened. Then without a word, he pulls Kyungsoo away from the crowd. And in the other hand, Kyungsoo is crying so hard, hands reached out as he calls Jongin’s name desperately. But the police cars start to move, leaving him with all of his suffers.

 

***

When he gets home, Kyungsoo is crying so hard on the couch. An hour ago, some officers brought him back to his apartment by Kris’s request to make sure that his younger brother would stay safely inside their apartment. Kris was afraid if Kyungsoo would runaway to go after Jongin at the police headquarter.

Kyungsoo feels that his older brother’s doing is not really necessary. Kyungsoo would go nowhere even if he’s not guarded anyway. He is just too tired and too desperate to think anything about how to save Jongin. Everything is too late, a wound is already opened widely in his heart.

While crying, Kyungsoo hears his phone ringing. He sees the screen and finds Baekhyun’s name there but he doesn’t want to answer him because he is too sad to talk with anyone. But Baekhyun keeps calling him. Finally, after Kyungsoo ignores him several times, Baekhyun gives up and chooses to send Kyungsoo a message. Kyungsoo opens it lazily.

 

From: Baekhyun

Kyungie, please turn on your TV now! Kai is missing!

 

Kyungsoo can’t hide his shock. He immediately turns on the television and there’s news about the mysterious thief who flees once again. Nobody knows where he goes, but the news anchor says that the police car which brings that thief suddenly lost in the darkness when they reach the town boundary. The car has been found a while ago not too far from the next city near Seoul. Three officers inside that car were found lying unconscious. The officers expected that the mysterious thief must be taken away by someone who was disguised as an officer, and the impostor went along with them inside that car.

Kyungsoo drops his jaw and widens his eyes in disbelief. “How could it be? Was that Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo is thinking so hard about all the possibilities that could happen.

A couple of hours ago, he saw the injured Jongin was brought into the police car with his own eyes. And now, the news in the television says that Jongin is lost. “How could it be...?” Kyungsoo lets a random laugh. He feels so happy although he’s still confused by the fact. He can imagine how mad Kris is now.

Kyungsoo no longer wants to think about his older brother. The only thing in his mind now that Jongin is free and that makes him really happy. And Jongin would come to his room tonight as he promised. Kyungsoo immediately runs to his room and locks the door. He doesn’t want Kris to come and ruins everything just to arrest his lover.

Kyungsoo sits on his bed, waiting anxiously. He doesn’t dare to come out to his balcony because he still afraid that he would gain the officers’ attention who guard Kyungsoo’s apartment. He walks to his desk and turns on his computer to dispel his anxiety. Minutes pass and waiting suffers him so much. He waits and waits, but Jongin isn’t coming. His lids feel heavy and his consciousness starts to fade.

Kyungsoo doesn’t know when he fell asleep, but when he wakes up, the sunlight coming through the window makes him dazzled. He then realizes that he sleeps on his bed, covered by a warm blanket. He doesn’t even remember when he dragged himself to the bed because all he remembers is that he was waiting for Jongin.

Disappointment stabs Kyungsoo’s chest because Jongin didn’t come to meet him last night. His heart feels empty and something adds his sickness. His eyes look around to every inch of his room to finds something, anything that leads him to Jongin presence, and he found a piece of paper on his table. He rises up abruptly to reach that paper. It’s a note from Jongin. 

 

Baby, please forgive me. I must pay for my lost, and I can’t meet you for a while. But please trust me that someday I will come back to you and take you away from your brother.

Please wait for me until that day...

Love you, Jongin

 

Kyungsoo feels all of his joints are weakened and tears start to river on his cheeks. Jongin did come last night, but to say goodbye. Why did he fall asleep during that time? Kyungsoo is very mad at himself. He curses and crumps Jongin’s letter. He feels something has lost from his heart, but keep trying to be strong. He knows that love needs some sacrifices. But he thinks that waiting for Jongin while he roams around is better than waiting for Jongin while he’s in jail. He promises himself to stop crying and be patient.

“I will wait for you Jongin, I will always be waiting for you. Just please come back soon...” he walks slowly toward the balcony and looks at the blue sky above. His heart aches so much but he can finally draw a smile.

 

 

***

"You know Soo, everybody is talking about Jongin and Chanyeol now, especially the girls. They are curious why both of them suddenly disappear. I heard some of them went to Jongin's house to find out what happened, but no one’s at home," says Baekhyun to Kyungsoo in the school cafetaria during break time.

Kyungsoo stares at his friend with blank expression. "How could they know Jongin's house? I don’t even know," he raises one of his eyebrows.

"Dunno Soo. Sometimes girls are so scary when it comes to their idol. Are you jealous?" Baekhyun smirks.

"No. Why should I be jealous? It's not like Jongin will be back in the mean time." Kyungsoo glares at Baekhyun then throws away his gaze somewhere else. Baekhyun just giggles happily when he heard what Kyungsoo said.

"But you hope that Jongin will be back soon, don’t you?" Baekhyun smirks again.

Kyungsoo just takes a sigh and sips his orange juice. "Yeah, of course I do."

Kyungsoo’s chest feels heavy. It has been three days since Jongin gone, and it’s not something he can handle easily. But he promised to himself that he’s going to be strong and wait for Jongin patiently.

The most important thing is to keep Jongin’s secret from anyone from this scool. He must protect him. Some students even start to be suspicious about the mysterious thieves who were missing at the same time Jongin and Chanyeol were gone.

Thanks to Baekhyun, the gossip about Chanyeol and Jongin as thieves start to fade because now Baekhyun is telling everyone that Chanyeol goes abroad with Jongin to help his father’s business, and some students actually believe that.

Kyungsoo stares at Baekhyun who is playing with the ice cubes in his glass. "Baekhyun, do you miss Chanyeol?" he asks the guy in front of him, but Baekhyun only casts a glance to Kyungsoo then sighs heavily.

“Yeah, I do miss him so much, Soo,” he aberts his gaze back to the the ice cubes in his glass and stirs them slowly. “If only I was able to confess before he’s gone. Sometimes,  I envy you.”

“Why?” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows much to his curiosity. Baekhyun only gives him a bitter smile.

“You can shout your feelings out loud. You and Jongin are always together and support each other. You even dare going to against your brother, against the law, and willing to bear the consequences for the sake of your love. But, all I did is closing my mouth and bottle up my feelings towards Chanyeol. I envy your honesty, I envy on your bravery, and I envy your relationship with Jongin,” Baekhyun stares at Kyungsoo shyly. He can feel his lips turn into bitter smile.

Kyungsoo looks surprised by his friend’s confession. He shakes his head slowly and gives Baekhyun a warm smile. “You don’t need to envy me, Baekhyun. You know that what you’re doing so far is the best you can give to Chanyeol. You protect him in your own way; keeping his secrets and fighting the bad gossip. And I can’t protect Jongin as well if you weren’t here. I’m glad you are my friend, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun falls into a deep thought and then smiles. Kyungsoo continues, “I’m sure they will return someday, Baekhyun. So let’s wait until the moment come. When it happens, you can tell about your feelings to him.”

“Yeah Soo, you’re right! I just hope that everything won’t be too late...” Baekhyun smiles and stands up from his seat, “Come on, Soo, we need to get back for the next class,” with that, he walks away and Kyungsoo follows him behind.

It is unspoken but their hearts know that it will be a long wait. But they will be patient and prepare their hearts for that special day; when the thieves come back, and give their hearts back--eventually.

 

***

To be continued.

***


Proofread by veraverto http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/838765