verse seven

Of Riddles and Songs

 

verse seven

 

 

Riin tried not to clap in excitement when Junsu finished a song. He was practicing for his oncoming tour and he and Yunho had invited her to watch. She didn’t have classes that night so she nodded her head in response. A good two minutes later, Riin was sitting on a chair against a wall which was directly in front of the singer’s spot. She listened to his voice, live and oh-so perfect, like she had done for years since his debut – in the privacy of her bedroom.

The dinner they had shared the week prior to Junsu’s busiest days paid off. Well, Riin liked to think so, because Junsu had become more and more friendly and open to her. He would call her, sometimes, for no reason at all, only to make her laugh at a lame oyagi gag. She would, of course, with all her heart and soul. There were even times, in the past week, when Junsu would surprise her in her own little office – or her Yoochun oppa’s workroom – only to hand her a Minty Choco Chip Frappe. And when Junsu leaves, she would hear Yoochun teasing her about how she had blushed the whole time, she looked like an overripe tomato.

For a lady who had been in love with one man her whole life, that week was heaven.

No. It was a place more blissful than heaven.

And Riin didn’t want to leave.

Junsu started singing another song, his favourite, that one song that he would sing in all his concerts even though it was past. He sang it to Riin, staring at her sitting before him, looking gorgeous and shy, with pink flush on her cheeks. She averted her gaze, trying not to look back at him. He didn’t falter, though, and when he caught her eyes again, he winked, earning a soft smile from her – even though inside, Riin was already melted into a puddle of goo.

The practice went on for another hour. And, in the middle of Junsu singing one of his songs on Reminiscence, a soft knock on the door was heard. It was Jaejoong, and he was all smiles.

Yunho had one of the ladies turn the music off, VP Kim had just stepped into the room.

“Junsu! Look who finally showed up!” Jaejoong exclaimed, leading a beautiful woman inside the studio.

“Yeonhee!” Junsu squealed – yes, like a fangirl or a dolphin. He ran towards her and embraced her as tightly as he could. “Where have you been?” he asked.

“In my house, oppa… you just never visited me,” she answered with a pout. Everyone in the studio laughed, including Riin. “Aren’t you done yet? I wanted to grab something to eat with you guys.”

Junsu looked at Yunho who brushed him off with a fine, but you will have to do this over again tomorrow. That almost made Junsu jump with glee, which he would have if it wasn’t to childish an act, so, instead, he gathered his things and went for a shower.

“Riin?” Yeonhee asked as she stood in front of Riin, this time. “Rinie, is that you?”

The younger woman nodded, smiling widely at her unnie. “How have you been, unnie?” she inquired.

“Oh my god! How come that you grow prettier and prettier every time I see you, Rinie?” Yeonhee exclaimed, making the other giggle. “I’m good. Great actually, and I’ve missed this place a whole lot… and you, too.”

“And I missed you, too. We are always looking for beautiful ladies to grace this company; you’re just perfect for that.”

“Yah! Is this what you learn in graduate school? How to sweet talk other women? Or did you spend five hours in Yoochun’s workroom to have his so-called ladies charms rub off on you?” Yeonhee chided, shaking her head in disapproval. “But I want you to join us for dinner, okay? It’ll be like a double date!”

Jaejoong cleared his throat from Yeonhee’s side. He looked grim, as if she had said something wrong. But yeonhee brushed him off and continued talking to her beautiful dongsaeng. Yeonhee pulled Riin with her, leading her out the studio, still talking animatedly about anything under the sun.

“You know, the first time I saw Riin again, I couldn’t believe that it was her!” Yeonhee said as she sliced up her steak. They were seated at the heart of The Divine Café, everyone’s favourite place to eat. Riin sat beside her unnie, opposite Junsu who was beside Jaejoong. They had all come in Jaejoong’s car since it was still early and they could all go back to JK Entertainment to pick up their respective rides. “I never thought that you’d still be with Jaejoong when he left the orphanage – it’s not bad to talk about that, right? I mean it’s all good now, right?”

Riin laughed at Yeonhee’s statement, Jaejoong shook his head in disbelief, and Junsu, well, let’s just say that he was lost. But he didn’t want to interrupt Yeonhee so he just left his questions for later.

“How come you’re acting as if you hadn’t seen Rinie for year? And where have you been?” Jaejoong asked. “I know for a fact that you weren’t at home, so don’t even think of lying.” He eyed her intently as if telling her that she’d be punished if she tried something.

“Alright, alright! I went on a vacation,” she begun. “Happy now?” she huffed and pouted. “I’m a freelancer, oppa. I don’t need to constantly go to the company.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “You could’ve at least told someone that you’d be going MIA for a while.”

“Yah! You aren’t my mom… nor are you my boyfriend, so I don’t have to report anything to you.”

And they bickered for a good hour. The other friendly couple, however, shared a rather peaceful dinner and drank expensive white wine together. They didn’t mind the noisy older couple beside them. There was a point, though, when Junsu said another of his lame jokes that made Riin chuckle.

“Yah, what are you laughing about?” Yeonhee asked, she and Jaejoong now staring at the other two.

“Nothing,” Riin answered softly, in a voice almost inaudible.

Just as Yeonhee was about to retort, Junsu immediately – and to the rescue – averted the topic.

“So, what made you come to the company?” he asked.

“Oh, yeah,” Yeonhee began, digging into her bag. “I wanted to give this to you personally,” she handed Junsu a manila envelope. “It’s the new song I wrote.”

 

 


is this alright? xD tell me what you think? thanks. ^_^