verse fourteen

Of Riddles and Songs

 

 

 

verse fourteen

 

 

 

 

 

It was a couple of weeks after President Jang’s release from the hospital. His doctor advised his family to not let him stress over the company for a while so he could recover sooner. And that meant that almost everyone else of the Jang family will be stressing over him.

And only him.

Well, except for Kim Jaejoong.

The latter being the one authorized to stand as JK Entertainment’s Chief Executive Officer and President. Jaejoong had twice to worry about than anyone else, and no one could help, really. However, there was a certain someone who could make him feel better – maybe even inspire him – if only she would spare him a glance and notice how weary he had become – how she was breaking his heart. Instead, there was another who stayed, who smiled for him and cheered him up.

But she wasn’t who Jaejoong wanted. She was far from whom his heart yearned for.

But she stayed, and she saw him.

Jaejoong stepped off the elevator at the ground floor of his office building, in tow was the young song writer he knew from his childhood. He was holding her hand tightly in his, guiding her towards wherever he wanted to go.

That night, they went to a bar, where Jaejoong drunk to his heart’s content – maybe even more. And Yeonhee sat right beside him, watching every single, sorrowful movement from him. He talked – slurred – about everything and nothing, asking for another glass or shot every once in a while. He even pushed a glass or two towards Yeonhee’s direction, demanding for her to drink with him. The latter conceded, of course, but was able to make the drunken man forget to hand him another.

Yeonhee looked back on the dance floor, watching as faces she didn’t know swayed their bodies to the rhythm. She kind of wanted to dance too, but Jaejoong wasn’t in the right state for that – or to be left alone, for that matter. Somehow, as Yeonhee continued watching the lights and the moves, she thought she had heard Jaejoong sob, but when she looked back at him, he already had his head flat on the table.

She brushed the thought away. It couldn’t have been more than her imagination.






Kim Jaejoong woke up with a start, his eyes darting open, doing their best to adapt to the light in the room. He realized, a moment later, that he wasn’t in his room. He wasn’t even in his own house, for that matter. He stared at the egg-yellow colored ceiling, a contradiction to the blood-red of his own. It was familiar, nonetheless, it wasn’t his, but he knew perfectly well where he was.

Jaejoong was still lost in his thoughts when he felt a slight movement beside him. In fact, it was the disturbance – and the others that followed – that eventually fished him out of his reverie.

He felt the person beside him – a woman – smile against his chest where her head laid through the night, then placed many little, feathery kisses, one after the other, on the expanse of his torso. Her lips traveled to his shoulder, taking little nips and bites before transferring, yet again, to another area. She focused on his neck, marveling at the bobbing of his Adam’s apple whenever he swallowed. Then, finally, her lips found his, taking them into her own, breathless and rough. She pulled away with a smile, muttering a soft good morning before sliding off the bed and onto her feet. She sauntered towards the bathroom door without bothering to cover herself.

Jaejoong groaned to himself, trying to remember what happened the night before, and all he got was that one scene at JK Entertainment that broke his heart more and more.

He was looking for her around the office. It was yet another stressful day for him and his body was craving for a break – from everything. So he left his work on his office table, took his coat from the stand, and walked out the door. He commanded his secretary to hold all his calls, and not to bother him for anything except news about his grandfather.

He walked down halls, knocking on doors and asking if his cousin had stopped by or – hopefully – still there. But his efforts were in vain and he couldn’t find her anywhere. Jaejoong then decided to just leave. He rode the elevator down to the basement parking – not wanting to wait for valet – and drove his own car out and into the busy streets.

He’d been on the road for about half an hour when Jaejoong passed by a lane of some of the more high-end restaurants and caf
és in the city. He wasn’t really paying attention to his surroundings, but something caught his attention.

A couple, sitting by the window at one of the restaurants, sharing a kiss – and breaking Jaejoong’s heart into a thousand tiny pieces.

 

 


 

 

an early update! yay! lmao. i juat wanted to get it over with. >.< tomorrow night i shall do the laundry so yeah. teehee. the next update is a brand new chapter - one that i haven't posted anywhere yet. i have it written already, but not typed. >.< and i'll be using my new laptop - yes, his name is junsu and he's red - to type it up and post it. yay! but that won't be until next week. i hope you guys enjoy this though. m'kay???

 

oh, and yeah... join?