Chapter 3

The Perfect Boyfriend

 

The university today held a suspension, because a student was reported that he just had Hepatitis A after eating the school’s food. Of course, it was the canteen who got blamed, not Jiyong’s family whatsoever; but it's quite caused them a lot due to the media. They held a healthiness and cleanliness inspection around the campus, and whatever result they will find out, they will still fire the university chef, which was one of the greatest in Korea. No one knew why he would keep his worktable dirty; but Jiyong told me the chef had a grudge towards the boy’s family, so that’s why the boy was the one only infected out of the numerous students.

I dumped my body on the bed after I finished cleaning my whole room. It was quite tiring, because it has been a while since I’ve done this; but because no one is around the house, I’ve decided to clean. My room got brighter after I cleaned it, and I was proud of myself.

Ding Dong Ding Dong Diiiiiiiiiiiiiing

I frown when the doorbell rang, quite irritating the monster inside of me. Well, I didn’t expect visitors, because no one texted me they’ll come over, especially that I haven’t yet taken a bath. So, disgusting. Imagine me welcoming visitors wearing only a tank top, and shorts, without my body even taking a bath yet? Oh right, disgusting.

I quickly grab a towel, and dump it in water, before I press it against my oily skin. Even though I felt like I want to succumb to the water, I have to hold myself because someone is waiting for me to open the door, and greet him or her. Without fixing my hair anymore, I went downstairs, and to the door, opening it quickly.

“Good Morning.” I greeted upon opening the door, but immediately frown when I saw my visitor was no other than Kwon Jiyong himself.

He smiled. “Good Morning, Dara.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked, raking my eyebrows.

“Am I forbidden to visit you already?”He asked, his lips turning into a small pout, as his hands clasped together, and with that, I glared at him.

“Yes, because I’m on the verge of resting already.” I answered.

“Rest? What did you do?” He curiously asked.

“I cleaned my room, period.” I told him. “Now, go. I have tons of things to do.”

He stopped me in midway when I’m closing the door, stepping his foot between the door, and the wall. “We could just do it together.”

“No, we can’t.” I told him. “Now, let go.”

“No,” He insisted, peering his head at the door. “I want to spend some time with you.”

“Jiyong, you’re getting persistent already.” I told him, my eyebrows raked. “You don’t follow me anymore. You just jump on your decisions by yourself without thinking if I’m going to agree.”

“But, I’ve missed you babe.” He said, sadness overpowering in his eyes. “I’ve missed you.”

Guilt spread around my body like wildfire, turning me into a most pit because of guilt. Jiyong never told he missed me once, just now. He’s never that kind of guy’ but today, I’ve seen a new side of him. The soft Jiyong.

I sighed. “Fine. Let me take a bath first. I’m stinking like crazy.”

I pulled the door in, and he happily let himself in, his arms spread wide as if he was greeted by my house. “Ah! Feels good to be home!”

“It’s not your home.” I told him, shaking my head as I lock the door. “You’re being delusional again.”

“But I’ve been here for many times already just to ask permission if you could be my girlfriend.” He said, winking at me. “I remember-

“Okay, enough.” I stopped him, feeling my face blush madly with the sudden flashback of what happened in this house when Jiyong was still asking my dad’s permission, and he obliged, wiggling his eyebrows.

“I’m going to take a bath.” I told him, pointing a finger at him closely; but he shook his head, making me perplexed. “And why not?” I suddenly blurt.

“You smell perfectly fine.” He told me, inching his way to me, making me nervous and I step back away, my open palms in my chest, trying to stop him from going close.

“Dara, you smell fine. Perfectly fine.” He told me, giving me a different kind of look, which got me rooted in my spot. When he reached me, he hugged me, and whispered. “Gotcha.”

I shake my head, waking up in my trance and exclaim, “Aniya! Jiyong!  I smell bad!”

“No, you’re not.” He told me, resting his head in the crook of my neck. “You smell good.”

“Jiyong, you!” I blush when I felt his hot breath against the crook of my neck, and I put my grip on his shoulders so I can push him off; but still, Jiyong won’t budge even a little tiny bit.

“If you don’t stop, I’m going to break up with you,” I joked, and he immediately pulled back, his face showing anxiety.

“Oh no, Dara. You won’t do that.” He said, fear overpowering his voice. “Right?”

“Oh,” I crossed my arms, looking at the other side, and I feign nonchalance. “I can do it.”

“I would do anything just to make you change your mind, baby. Please,” He coaxed, clasping his hands together as if he was praying. He’s already on the verge of kneeling in front of me when I spoke, “Anything?”

He sighed and nodded. “Anything.”

“Okay, let me take a bath.” I shrugged, and before he opts for an argument, I quickly glared at him. He sighed, and nodded. “Okay, I’ll wait for you at your bedroom.”

He followed me as I made my way towards my room, his usual bubbly self not pestering my serious mood. Maybe he had the sudden thought of not pestering me for a while, since he saw I’m in a bad mood or he’s just too preoccupied with his tests that he forgot his daily routine of pestering me. Either way, I’m starting to like the quiet Jiyong.

I entered my room, and waited for him to come inside before I close it. He didn’t dare to talk, making me raise a brow in confusion. Jiyong’s getting weirder every second.

“Hey,” I spoke up, afraid that he might have lost his tongue and gut. “Are you okay?”

He nodded, but it seems to be the opposite. His lips were formed into a pout, and I took the opportunity to kiss him. He was taken aback, but before he could push me closer to him for another kiss, I quickly grab my towel from the rack, and rushed inside the bathroom. I rested my back against the door after I locked it, mentally kicking and slapping myself in embarrassment. Naughty, Naughty me! I shouldn’t have initiated it at first, but I… I’m just worried. Usually, he would talk endlessly like we never talked. Even if I’m starting to like quiet Jiyong, it’s starting to creep me up.

I went for a quick shower, just scrubbing here and there to take the filth out. Maybe because I’m filthy that I’m starting to become naughty. Either way, I don’t like the idea of being naughty. I don’t want to be a good girl gone bad type.

I slid myself into my most comfortable clothes. It was just a plain tank top and shorts. I blow dry my hair, and combed it, placing it behind my ear.

I tossed my wet towel in the laundry basket and exited the bathroom, the sight of Jiyong curled up in my bed greets my eyes. He was listening to his iPod, and I could hear the music coming from it through his headphones. Aigoo, no matter how I scold at him for turning the volume to maximum he still wouldn’t listen.

He was still oblivious of my presence, because he started to sing out loud.

For all times I felt cheated, I complained
You know how I love to complain
For all the wrongs I repeated, though I was to blame
I still cursed that rain
I didn't have a prayer, didn't have a clue
Then out of the blue

God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you

For all the times I wore my self pity like a favorite shirt
All wrapped up in that hurt
For every glass I saw, I saw half empty
Now it over flows like a river through my soul
From every doubt I had, I'm finally free
And I truly believe

God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you

In your arms I'm someone new
With every tender kiss from you
I must confess, I've been blessed

God gave me you to show me what's real
There's more to life than just how I feel
And all that I'm worth is right before my eyes
And all that I live for though I didn't know why
Now I do, 'cause God gave me you
God gave me you

When he realized my presence, he took off his headphones, and smiled at me. “Oh, you’re finished.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re  retarded.”

He chuckled, and put his headphones on again, singing out loud.

You're insecure
Don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the door
Don't need make up
To cover up
Being the way that you are is enough

Everyone else in the room can see it
Everyone else but you


Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know
Oh Oh
You don't know you're beautiful

If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
That what makes you beautiful

So c-come on
You got it wrong
To prove I'm right I put it in a song
I don't know why
You're being shy
And turn away when I look into your eyes

Everyone else in the room can see it
Everyone else but you

Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful

If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful


Nana Nana Nana Nana
Nana Nana Nana Nana
Nana Nana Nana Nana

Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know
Oh Oh
You don't know you're beautiful


Baby you light up my world like nobody else
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell
You don't know
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful

If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe
You don't know
Oh Oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
You don't know you're beautiful
Oh oh
That's what makes you beautiful

I covered my ears, and jump onto him, hovering above him as I sit on his stomach, my eyebrows scrunched up. “YAH! PABO! YOU’RE SINGING TOO LOUD! YOU LOOK RETARDED!”

He smiled at me, held my waist and kissed me on the lips before continuing on singing.

“YAAAAAAAH! KWON JIYONG! YOU RETARDED!”

 


 

He’ll sing out loud to any song even if I call him retarded.