Chapter 11

The Perfect Boyfriend

Dara’s P.O.V

 

 

I reached for my fingers, feeling a little lightheaded from the deep dream I had and continued to stare blankly at my alarm clock flashing the current time in bold, neon green color. 8:30

I blinked, and rolled my body, my front against the bed. It's my free day, since the tour today is only exclusive to the Business Management students. They had fought for this exclusive thing since the planning of the student council of the department trip, and because Jiyong is one of them, they picked him as their representative since the council demanded a representative. They won the argument after three months of the council meeting, which is nevertheless not surprising at all. I’ve been on Jiyong’s side long enough to know his father’s influences in his fights.

 

Jiyong… Maybe I’m just melodramatic. Or I just love making my life melodramatic. The problem regarding the field trip can be talked over, and can have a solution without risking our relationship. If I was just smarter than or as smart as my boyfriend, would we still be dating? But then Jiyong always thinks that his money can answer every problem and mend every bend, so relying on his ego is a bit… crucial. He seldom uses his brain; so really, ego is the only thing he uses when he’s mad. And maybe, that’s what I love about him.

 

But no matter how hard I force myself to think that the relationship is over, and I am just a nobody, my hypothalamus isn’t wrapped up with the idea. It just kept on dictating my heart that I’m still his girlfriend, the center of his universe and the gist of his consciousness, and to think that even with my own brain, I’m no match. I need to fight with this silliness, or I’ll end up as the stupid one.

 

I quickly got up, washed myself and changed into a new set of fresh clothes. Yesterday, before Jiyong and I go back to our room, Bom told me that she's going to introduce someone to me. She never said the name of the person, or of his or her identity. Instead, she said that person is important; especially his time and instructed me to be five minutes earlier than them (which means she’s with Top).

 

I grabbed my tote bag with me, moving too hastily that I almost slipped and rushed downstairs, towards the lobby where Bom and Top are supposedly waiting for me. As soon as I opened the double metal doors that hide the stairs up, I saw them standing idly by a round concrete post. Top’s back was against the post as he fiddles with his phone, while Bom was talking with someone on the phone.

 

I walked towards them. Brightly, I waved and smiled at Top but he was too busy to care and I frowned in disbelief. So, Plants vs. Zombies is more important than his friend huh?

 

I was about to punch Top by his arm when Bom suddenly said after she closed her phone’s case lid. “So, it’s a good thing you popped out five minutes before the exact time.”

 

“You’re here before five minutes.” I noted, mentally actually.

 

“That idiot’s time is much more important than my prep time. But then, I don’t need that much prep time because we’re just going to see that idiot.” She said and crunched her nose.

 

“Who’s-“ I was about to ask, but Top suddenly shouted at the top of his lungs. A great, big, hollow, “Yes!”

 

Bom turned to him, peering under her eyelashes. “What’s with the shout?”

 

“I finally defeated the zombies. The annoying mummified ones.” Top answered, and before Bom and I can see what he did, he quickly places his phone inside his pocket. I frown.

 

“So, where are we going now?” He asked, rubbing his hands. “My time is as precious as this idiot Bom has been referring since last night, so don’t waste it. And I need to do my thesis requirement.”

 

“Since when did you contribute to your group thesis? You just pay for all the expenses and don’t contribute at all.” Bom told him, amusement written in her voice.

 

“Hey, watch your voice.” Top said, irritated. “I don’t help because they can do it by themselves and they insisted it. But yesterday, they asked me to help them since they need my godly wits.”

 

Godly wits?” Bom repeated, laughing. “What the, Top?”

 

Top blushed, his cheeks reddening while Bom continued to laugh, clutching at her stomach. I smiled, but am frowning deep inside, wondering why the good things, the perfect ones, don’t stay forever.
 

~

 

I played with my iced coffee, eating the whip cream using the straw instead of the usual. Top was being matured and drank plain black coffee while reading the newspaper. Bom was again, speaking with someone over the phone. I blew the straw, but the whip cream won’t fall out, so I ended up eating it again and when I was about to repeat it again, the whip cream was already gone. I exhaled in frustration.

 

You see, this most important idiot is five minutes late. Waiting for five minutes is like waiting for three hours when you don’t have your phone to keep your boredom in the neutral state, and it feels like I’ve been waiting for eternity. Where’s your phone, you ask? Well, because I was too hasty, I forgot to bring it with me. I left it on my bedside table, and I just hope it won’t ring.

 

I was about to get up and request the employees for another whip cream when Bom suddenly bolt up. In a quick motion, she placed her phone back inside her pocket and shrieked, so loud my ears almost popped. Top looked up at her, but just grinned.

 

“Come on, Dara! Aren’t you excited to see him?” Bom shouted at me, her eyes wide with amazement.

 

I was about to ask who when I saw him. It was just like in a slow motioned, black and white movie. He walked inside the café, neatly dressed in his pinstriped suit, gray necktie and combed-back hair. The girls looked at him in awe, while their boyfriends try to keep their cool about it. He smiled, so sudden, and it was like a flashback tool. I quickly remembered a scene inside my memory lane.

 

“Come on, don’t you want to marry me?”

 

“Why would I?”

 

“’Cause I’m better than your future boyfriend?”

 

“Dream on, -“

 

“-Donghae.” I managed, barely a whisper. He smiled at me, and ruffled my hair.

 

“Hey, Da-“

 

But his sentence was never finished, because the last syllable was pronounced inside my mouth. Bom placed a hand on and cried, “Oops. Sorry, my bad. Actually, it was my elbow but still, my bad.”

 

I pushed him away, gently and said, “That wasn’t a nice greeting.”

 

Donghae smiled once again. “I agree.”

 

I don’t know why, but I felt the need to turn. It was just a gut feeling.

 

So, with my hands still on Donghae’s chest, I turned.

 

And my eyes widen when I saw Jiyong.

 


 

I came home late, because Donghae dragged us to all of the places he wants to visit while he’s still here for a business trip in Jejudo. He was sorry for the kiss, especially that he saw Jiyong too by the window.

 

“We’re not dating anymore.” I told him after the nth apologize, finally shutting his mouth up. Donghae didn’t mention about the kiss anymore, or questioned anything about the break up.

 

I hooked my tote bag at the back of my door, and jumped on the bed. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, and browsed through the missed calls. Mainly from Bom and mom, but one number stood up. It was from Jiyong, received at five in the afternoon.

 

I almost jumped when my phone suddenly rings, and quickly, I answer. “Hello?”

 

There was a sigh. “I thought you weren’t fine.”

 

I paused for a moment. “Jiyong?”

 

He laughed, but there was an edginess in his voice. “Who else can it be?”

 

“You sound weird.” I said, after minutes of contemplating and debating with my subconscious.

 

“You take care.” He hung up, quickly, too quickly that I didn’t have the time to bid him good night.

 

I cried, again after a day and I don’t know why the tears strolled down automatically against my will.


He'll call me at night right before I go to bed just so he knows that he's the last voice I hear
 


You can request me anything for the next days. Please keep me busy, guys. Please

I do imagines (short or long), oneshots and etc..

What am I even doing? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And please do find me here in AFF. I'm going to create a new name. If ever you want to read my stories, find me okay? 

 

WHAT THE HELL.

 

Okay, bye.