Hyukkie, I'm Here

Hyukjae, My Hand

Donghae woke up with his face pressed against the wall. The white paint looked the same up close. He could make up a few particles of dust that had attached themselves to the paint long ago, holding on to the wall - or trapped.

He kicked his legs, feeling the body pushing him into the wall move slowly away from him. Donghae wriggled around until he was facing his companion. A small smile stuck itself to his face.

Hyukjae was sleeping, face towards the ceiling, mouth ever so slightly open. He only ever slept like this when he was sick, or over ehausted. Donghae stared at his profile, admiring his jaw and lips. Nuzzling up against him, he closed his eyes again. Sure, they would be woken soon, and sure, he'd have to explain yet again why he wan not at his own appartment, but it was worth it.

Donghae slid his hand to find Hyukjae's. There it was, laying between their bodies. Smiling, Donghae entwined their fingers, breathing softly into his companion's neck. Closing his eyes, he prepared to fall straight asleep, surrounded by the warmth of their room and Hyukjae's sleeping body.

"Donghae..." Hyukjae whispered, his voice raspy from the sleep, or lack therof. Donghae murmmered in reply, tightening his grip on his slightly elder.

"Donghae..." Hyukjae opened his eyes and turned his head towards the younger. They were so close in age, but somtimes Donghae seemed like a little love-sick teenager. "your breath is very loud."

Donghae laughed quietly, opening his eyes to meet Hyukjae's. He let out a long breath, right into the face of his best friend. Hyukjae wrinkled his nose and smiled, shutting his mouth.

"Hae, your hand." He said after a breif silence. Donghae knew the problem. Hyukjae loved Donghae - of that he was sure - but was not comfortable with such affection unless he initiated it himself. Cuddling was one thing, but intertwining fingers was another. Donghae looked at him with wide eyes, but let go reluctently. Hyukjae smiled, brough his hand to Donghae's face and brought him in for a kiss.

"Although you're lucky I'm willing to do that after your lovely show of breath" Donghae lightly headbutted Hyukjae as they both laughed, moving closer together, savouring the few moments of sleep they had left.

"What time is it Hyuk?" Donghae said softly, his eyes feeling heavy. Hyukjae shook his head. He didn't know. Uttering a soft murmur that it didn't matter, the two men shut their eyes.

____________________________

"Hae."

"Hae, wake up.'

"Hae, c'mon, don't play this game, I'm not in the mood."

"LEE DONGHAE SIT UP AND GET OUT OF BED BEFORE I COME IN THERE AND-"

Donghae shot up, the change in volume and voice instantly awakening his mind. Hyukjae stood at the doorway, nodding a thank you to Heechul, who was on his way to work at the offices. The door shut, and Hyukjae leaned against the frame, sighing. He was fully dressed, clearly having been up for quite some time. The bags under his eyes were very visible, and Donghae felt a pang in his heart.

Standing up, he walked over to the dresser and grabbed the first clothes he could find. He turnd around, facing the neatly organized toiletries, and quickly changed. He knew Hyukjae was there, but he couldn't feel his eyes. He was somewhere else.

Looking in the mirror, Donghae almost laughed. He had grabbed a bright yellow pair of jeans and a neon striped shirt. He spun to look at his best friend, the fashion mogul, and stuck a pose.

"Fashion terrorist or genius?" He laughed, pouting his lips. Hyukjae looked up and a faint smile appeared across his face, but his eyes remained dimmed.

"Grab the black jeans you left here last time. I had them washed, they're under the bed." He said faintly, grabbing his bag and walking out into the dorm, leaving Donghae alone in his silly pose. Something was definitley wrong.

Quickly changing, Donghae rushed out into the dorm without any further preparations. He was sure his skin looked like that of a fish, and he couldn't have smelled all that appealing, but he needed to see his Hyukkie.

Leeteuk, Kangin and Hyukjae were all sitting on the couch, Leeteuk reading a book and the other two watching the television. The rest of the members had already left, except for Ryeowook, who could be heard shreiking down the phone from the hallway.

"Ready" Donghae said loudly, making the other three jump. Leeteuk smiled, placed the book back on the table and offered a hand to Hyukjae. The dancing machine looked weaker than normal, next to Kangin looking like a stick. He shook his head and pushed himself up, walking straight to Donghae.

"Wipe that look off you're face, we'll talk later" he whipsered, walking towards the door. Donghae followed at his heel, looking at those open hands. He wanted to grab one, but knew his leader and lover would dissaprove.

"Hyukkie..." Donghae started to speak in the elevator. Hyukjae looked at him and smiled his gummy smile, grabbing his shoulder and squeezing it.

"Later, stop frowning! You don't want wrinkles!" He smiled, failing to hide the exhaustion from his eyes. Donghae forced a smile and pulled him in for a hug, whispering into his ear.

"Hyukkie, I'm here."

"I know, Hae, I know."