Legend 6

The Fox Legend


On the next day, Rein walked to school like a walking zombie. The fact was, she didn't sleep at all last night. She was so afraid and she can't stop thinking who the hell would have stuck that post-it on her window. She tried to convince herself that some wind just blew the post-it and it just landed on her window but she knew she was dumb if she thinks like that.

              She had reached the entrance of the school but to her surprise, the gate wasn't open yet. She took a glimpse of the time on her phone and realized it was still early in the morning. So early that the road was still dark and she didn't even realize that until now. Crap, she thought. Before crossing her legs and sat outside the entrance. She looked around and no one was in sight. Scoffing, she must be mad to think that there will be people walking around before the dawn.

              She didn't know how long she had been sitting there but the sun had already risen and the dark was becoming brighter as each seconds goes by. People started walking around and most of them were ahjummas who went to the market to buy groceries. They would give weird stares at her and she responded by bowing her head in embarrassment.

              "Oh," she snapped her head back as soon as he heard a guy's voice. It was the security of the school and his face displays nothing but shock. "I didn't know school was so fun that students would actually wait outside the gate," he laughed.

              "Morning," Rein greeted him awkwardly, gathering her stuff before entering the school.

              She headed straight up to her classroom and it was weird being alone in the school. The school was so quiet and creepy in the early morning when it was empty and it was creeping her out, a lot. Even a slightest sound make her jump and her grip on the strap of her bag tighten. "Calm down Rein. Nothing is going to happen," she whispered to herself but as soon as she said that, something grabbed her shoulder and she screamed.

              "Rein! It's me! Hey!" He grabbed both of her shoulders and shook her so that she could stop panicking and start to regain her senses. She calmed down after hearing the voice of the guy and she exhaled noisily before sighing.

              "Hongki, you just ing scared the crap out of me."

              "Wha— Did something happen? That makes you so scardy-cat out of a sudden? You're behaving like someone was after your life."

              She tensed up upon hearing that and Hongki noticed it.

              "Someone was after your life?" He repeated carefully, staring into her eyes with care and concern but Rein couldn't feel it. She just kept on staring blankly before pushing his hands away from her.

              "Are you nuts? Why would someone after my life?" She joked and faked a laugh after walking ahead of him.

              "But wait— HEY don't you even want to know why I am so early today? You didn't reply my message yesterday and I was so worry that I came to school early in the morning just to wait for you. Come to think of it, why are you earlier than me?"

              She raised an eyebrow, remembering that she ignored his text because she doesn't want him to care for her anymore. It was troublesome, considering that she like another guy and the guy she thought that she was best friend with, like her and it became some sort of triangle-love or something. End up she had to friend-zoned Hongki because she couldn't respond to his feelings.

              "I couldn't sleep so I came to school earlier to study," She lied, walking away.

              Hongki sighed. He wasn't dense; he noted her attitude change ever since Jinki appeared. She was starting to avoid him. Sighing again, he followed after her.

"Jinki-oppa!"

              His eyes flutter opened and as soon as he realized who was calling him, he heaved a deep sigh.

              "Why are you here?"

              "To see you of course!" She smiled widely before heading to his door and leaned on it.

              "You were in school yesterday aren't you?" He sighed again, wiping his face with his palms and messing up his tousled hair. For some reason, he was feeling cold when a rush of cold wind hits him.

              "Oh you sense it?" She replied with a shocked face.

              "I didn't. Taemin did."

              "Pfft Taemin-oppa sure has some dog nose there,"Sshe rolled her eyes and immediately the door barged open which caused her to lose her balance.

              "Oh wow," Taemin scoffed. "I didn't know you were there, Mianhae. No wonder Pixie was barking like crazy because there was an intruder."

              "Stupid idiot. You have a dog nose and you're telling me that you didn't know I WAS THERE? And what's with intruder!?" Luna hissed, expecting Taemin to help her up but realized that he didn't give a damn about her.

              "Wait Luna, did you just ing climb the window in again?" Taemin squinted his eyes on the open window.

              "So that explains why I'm feeling cold," Jinki mumbled before getting off the bed and close the window.

              "Luna, you're a girl for God sake. Stop climbing walls and windows or what s. You didn't change a bit since young," he rants.

              "Yeah Luna you should stop. Hyung won't like you even if you climb up to his room every morning,"

              Taemin mocked, earning a glare from Luna and both of them started to run around with Luna chasing after him with her high heels in her hands.

              "Aish..." Jinki closed his eyes again and slammed himself against his bed.

"Luna was home alone?"

              "Waeyo? You want her to follow?" Taemin stuffed his hands into his jean's pockets while walking next to his hyung.

              "Ani. It's best if she's not here. Who knows what she will do if she sees Rein," he sighed.

              "Ah...about that. What are you going to do about Rein? Have you told her you like her?"

              "No..." He paused, "-but I kissed her."

              "What?!" Taemin stopped in his tracks, laughing and covering his mouth as he pat on Jinki's shoulder.

              "I didn't know you will do that. It's surprising hyung."

              Jinki threw him a death glare which instantly shuts the dongsaeng's mouth. Both of them headed to the classroom and surprisingly there were only two people. He wasn't sure if he like what he was seeing but Taemin's expression was even more shock than his hyung's. Right in front of their eyes, Rein was actually sleeping on Hongki's shoulder and the problem was that he didn't even bother to do anything when he saw the Lee brothers coming in. It was like having Rein sleeping on his shoulder was the most natural thing in the world.

              Jinki cleared his throat, feeling weird all over his body when he saw Rein so close to Hongki. He was not feeling good. Definitely not.

              "That's early," Hongki scoffed. "Do you really mean it or you're just trying to say that we're too early and it disturbs your time with Rein?" Taemin jerked.

              "I'm not talking to you. You're not even attending lesson regularly so why are you talking so much?"

              "Ah...who knows who you are talking to? You didn't say anything before you said 'that's early' so well, I thought you might be talking to me or something?" Taemin smirked.

              Jinki took a deep breath, throwing his bag on the desk unwillingly diagonally across from where Hongki and Rein were at as he starts to pull books out from it. "Can the both of you just stop it? You're going to wake her up with your bickering soon."

              With that, the both of them kept quiet and the only sound coming from the room was the flipping of books. Soon, students start to come in and that's when Rein finally wakes up. "Oh," she looked to her left and realized she had been lying on Hongki's shoulder all this time. "I'm sorry I didn't know I fall asleep."

              Hongki smiled at her, assuring her that it was fine before looking back into his book. Rein scratched the back of her neck as she looked around the classroom. Jinki and Taemin were here already and she was sure that Jinki saw her sleeping on Hongki's shoulder. She frowned, worrying about what Jinki might think but she pushed the thoughts away as soon as the homeroom teacher came in.

              Bull, she didn't push the thoughts away. The image of the post-in came into her mind together with Jinki's face. The image of him staring at her after stealing her lips that morning invaded her mind and made her blush in an instant.

              Sighing, she dug through her bag for lecture notes. Flipping the pages open, her eyes widen and her breathing stopped when she caught sight of what was in there.

              Another post-it.

              Her heart against her ribcage and she thought it was going to jump out of . Tearing the post-it off and crushing it before throwing into her bag, she took a deep breath.

              "Is everything alright?" Hongki whispered, loud enough for Jinki to notice as he turns his head.

              "Yeah. Why not," she lied, pushing her fringe out of the way and tug them behind both of her ears.

              Jinki kept his gaze on Rein until Hongki face the front again and met his gaze. Both of them had eye contact for a while before Jinki tear away from it to face the front.

              The time passed quite swiftly today. In a blink of an eye, it's the end of school and everyone was packing their bags. Rein stuffed everything inside her bag and zip it up without organizing it. Hongki was puzzled at this, she usually pack it nicely and not just throw everything in.

              "Re—" and before he knew it, Rein had already went out of the classroom.

              And of course, Jinki saw it. "Tae, go home first," he said in a low voice and left the classroom without his bag.

              Usually, Hongki will be the one chasing after Rein but this time, he didn't even budge. He had no idea why but for once, he did not want to care.

              "It surprises me," Taemin whistled as he stood up to pack his bag.

              "What?" Hongki stares at him, with a glare that Taemin had never see before and he knew this type of glare, it's not a time to mess around with him.

              Sniffing his nose, Taemin took his bag along with his hyung's and left the classroom.

Usually, Rein would head home after school but this time round, she didn't.

              Hitting the button on the vending machine, she waited for her cup of coffee to be filled up and when it did, she opened the little door and reached out for the cup.

              "Aish hot!" and there it goes, the cup of coffee that escaped her hand.

              "Didn't you know that you hit the button that says hot coffee?" Jinki appeared in front of her as he pointed at the vending machine. Rein's eyes bore into his, before looking down at her sore fingers. She didn't know when or why he was here but she doesn't want to talk to him, not now. After a while, she shouldered her bag, kicked away the empty cup and walked away without saying a thing.

              He didn't shout for her, he just stares until she turns into a corner and gone from his sight.

              It is the late afternoon now and Rein's pretty sure her dad won't be at home. Well, it's not surprising, he's always not home anyway so what was she hoping for?

              A hand slammed on the door just when she was about to close it, it scares her that she jumped but the moment she saw who it was, she knew she will be safe.

              "Rein, tell me what's wrong," Jinki pleaded, with a frown and a pair of worried eyes. But she ignored him, turning around and walking into the house. He sighed, stepping into the house but as soon as he does that, a strong scent of fox infused into his nose.

              "My princess, you're back?"

              Jinki looked up only to see a tall guy in the house, he looks well-trained and definitely young. Rein was surprised too; she didn't know her dad was in the house.

              "Oh hey you brought a friend," he smiled and walked towards Jinki, with a hand extending out to him.

              "Mike Kingsley."

              "Lee Jinki," he replied, taking a deep breath and realized that the scent was indeed, from his body.

              "Dad, why are you home today?" Rein asked, frowning as she felt something fishy.

              "Oh well, my research is almost done so I'm supposed to write a report. You will see me in my room most of the time so it won't really affect you."

              "Research? What kind of research do you do?" Jinki asked, with a smile that shows that he's interested in whatever Mike was going to say.

              Of course he does, This Mike Kingsley has a strong scent of fox smell and he's doing research-

Flashback

"What does your dad work as?" Jinki asked, staring at her ceiling as if it was the most amazing thing right now.

"Some researcher? He wanted to publish a book. Some legend or something I forgot. I mean, it's kind of pointless,"

End of Flashback

"Oh, I'm doing research on foxes. My team is in the process of publishing a book 'The Fox Legend'."

              And Rein swears that Jinki's face was ashen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EMIZ's Dungeon

it's been long since I last updated and I'm really sorry about it. I promsied to update last term break but I was so filled with projects so I couldn't do anything much. I guess some of you all had already forgot about the story but it's okay I know it's my fault ORZ.

So...my boyf found out about me writing fanfic as a hobby and......he don't seems happy about it. 

 

enjoy & comment! <3