Legend 10

The Fox Legend

"Hyung, Pixie is not here anymore—"

              Taemin was standing at the entrance of the room when he saw Jinki squatting just beside the bed. Darting his eyes around, he saw the empty plate and bowl on the tray that he couldn't find anywhere in the mansion. Sighing, he walked over to where his brother was; looking at him as his hand was touching the wall where words were carved.

              "What was that?"

              Jinki blinked, running his fingers over the uneven surface of the wall that seemed to be created by Pixie’s nail.

 

 

 

"She left, and somehow I guess Pixie followed her." Jinki sighed, resting his forehead against the wall.

              "Wait, what? From what she wrote, you let her go?" Taemin stared at his brother. "It was a promise," Jinki mumbled. "I promised to make her the happiest girl."

              "By letting her go? Do you know that by doing so, you're throwing her into hell? You do know that Hong—"

              "I know, Taemin. I know. Stop it alright. Just forget it; she said she will be back."

              “But she didn’t say when. And you know what? You don’t have much time left as a human and I bet you haven’t told her that.” Taemin groaned noisily before leaving the room.

              Sighing, Jinki stood up and sat on the edge of the bed before shifting himself until he was in the center of the bed. He reached out for the bear that was just beside him and he noticed how the room was filled with Rein’s scent.

              Jinki hovered his arm over his eyes and another one hugging the bear against his chest. He was feeling miserable as well, so why can't Taemin just shut up? He was angry at himself, for letting her go but at the same time, he had to keep to his promise. After all, she did mention that she will be back. But will she really be back?

"Hongki!" Rein yelled, pounding on the door so hard that it was shaking. Pixie was beside her and she’s determined not to leave Rein, it was her job to stay beside her.

              Finally, Rein thought. She was able to come and see him.

              It's not like she like him or something, it was something more like...responsibility? The responsibility of being there for him when he needed someone because she was his best friend, even if she friend-zoned him, even if she rejected him, even if the one that stole her heart was Jinki. He was still her best friend and that was something she promised him.

              "HONGKI!" She yelled even louder this time, not caring if his neighbors were all coming out to see what was going on.

              "HONG—"

              The door swung open but Hongki wasn't in sight. Rein went in and locked the door quickly before realizing he was behind the door after Pixie barked. He took a look at the wolf before diverting his eyes at Rein. "What are you doing here?" Hongki's hoarse voice echoed in the flat and it scared her to know that his voice actually changed.

              For that moment, she stared at his face. Those dark rings under his eyes, those cracked lips, that pale-looking face and the pair of restless eyes that used to sparkle. His cheerful voice and his bright smile were lost too.

              In that instance, she felt like someone just squashed her heart that it hurts. Immediately, she pulled him in for a hug. (And Pixie’s eyes squinted a little at the affection shown)

              "I'm sorry," Was all she said. But his response wasn’t what Rein expected; he pulled her arms away from his neck forcefully with no expression. "I asked what are you doing here."

              His grip on her wrists was so tight that he didn't even notice the painful expression on her face. She bit her bottom lip to refrain herself from crying, “I know what’s going on with you.”

              Hongki was stunned for a second but he composed himself before facing Rein again. “So?”

              "So I'm here to accompany you."

              "Out of what? Sympathy?"

              "No!" She yelled.

              "Then what?" His impatience caused him to tighten even more to the extent she couldn't take it anymore but to let out an inaudible groan. At the same time, Pixie barked loudly as soon as she saw Rein’s in pain and that make Hongki realized he was causing pain to her, before letting go at once.

              He kept his hands behind his back; he feared that he might hurt her again like what just happened. He doesn't know if he could control himself but now that he could, he will try his best to keep her away from him.

              "Just...just go back to Jinki, will you?" He sighed deeply.

              "Why...I...why are you chasing me back to Jinki now that I'm here?" She felt hurt. She doesn't know what to do because she sincerely wanted to accompany him at his worst time, he was her best friend.

              "Because I love you, and I know you love him." Hongki replied, staring at her from where he is and controlling himself not to touch her. "Because I'm always looking at you...that was why I realized that you were always looking at him."

              Rein felt like someone just crushed her heart. It was aching because the words coming out from Hongki's mouth were so hurting. She never knew that she was hurting him so badly that even his words were piercingly painful for her to listen.

              "Just remain at who you are. Just remain...the way you know you won't love me yet you always treat me as your best friend.”

              Rein bit the inner of her bottom lip before giving Hongki a small nod. He smiled, already feeling satisfied enough.

              Both of them sat in the couch in the living room, still one seat away from each other, with Pixie lying on the ground on all fours beside Hongki. They were all staring at the television screen that’s showing their favourite fantasy movie, Twilight, and it was like Hongki relive the moment where Rein come over to his house for movies marathon.

              It was nice, as it always was since long ago when they started watching the first series. Until when the vampire couple decided to kiss rather passionately, that’s what made the atmosphere a little awkward.

              But even though if the both of them were watching the same scene, they were both thinking differently. Hongki has the sudden need to kiss Rein, like he knew that he won’t have a chance in the future so he wanted to try it now, call it the goodbye kiss or what, he wants to do that. Or maybe the beast within him couldn’t control the desire.

              But Rein doesn’t think the same, she was thinking of Jinki. She was reminded of the kiss they shared be it in her bedroom or in the mansion, and the way his lips felt on hers, and the way her body reacts because of him.

              Shaking her head lightly, she doesn’t want to remember him right now, at least not now. “Do you want to switch channel or something?” She sighed, grabbing the remote from the side table but was caught on the arm by Hongki who immediately crushed his lips on hers.

              Rein was surprised, she struggled against his grip but he was so strong especially when he has the strength of the fox now. Pixie’s expression turned aggressive as she stood up almost immediately and growled, but Rein signaled for her to calm down when she thought she could handle it herself.

              He was now nibbling on her bottom lip. Using all the strength she had in her, she placed her hands on his shoulders and tried to push him away. Not only it didn’t work, instead, it resulted in him turning more violent, and he ended up cornering her at the far end of the couch.

              “Hong—” She tried to speak through the kiss as soon as Hongki started running his hands on the side of her body. Kissing once was barely acceptable, considering that he likes her, but this is too much. “Wha—”

              She was relieved when Hongki stopped and looked up at her in the eyes, but she knew it’s not going to end soon because the look in Hongki’s eyes, changed. Pixie’s expression turned fiercer, like the expression she would have if enemy is nearing, which in this case, Hongki’s beast.

              “Don’t move.” He whispered threateningly with his fearless eyes locked on hers. It was like it isn’t Hongki anymore, and that’s what triggered her fear for him.

              He held her wrists tightly with one hand to prevent her from struggling before attacking her neck with his lips. When Rein felt pain on the place that Hongki , it was then she realized he was biting her, literally biting her alive.

              Helpless, was what she felt.

 

"Hongki," she continued, "If what you said was true, I can't leave him alone."

Jinki's jaw dropped at this, "What? But you can't go. Do you have any idea how dangerous it is to be with a person who's becoming a fox?"

"And you think it's safe to stay with someone who's a fox?" Rein retorted, not knowing that she's hurting Jinki with her words but when she do, she regretted.

"I love you; at least I won't hurt you." Jinki shrugged it off.

"Hongki loves me too," she said it bluntly; "He won't do anything to hurt me."

"You have no idea, Rein," He sighed, "What if he lose control?"

 

“Jink—” Rein mumbled with tears tickling down from her eyes.

              It was like something snapped in Hongki’s brain at that moment when he heard her calling for his name.

              “You’re with me now, don’t call another guy’s name.” He said it in her ear, in a way that sends shiver down her spine, and the fear spill out into even more tears.

              Rein noticed how different Hongki’s eyes were right now, like there’s no more soul in there. His grip on her also becomes more painful when she felt his nails digging into her skin. No, she thought, it was claws, no longer hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EMIZ's Dungeon

lol I finally came out with a very rough draft about how this fic is going to end omg.