Legend 1

The Fox Legend


"This is atrocious," Rein groaned while laying her head on the table. It was three on a Monday which means that she was having break right now and she had been having lesson since eight in the morning. She hates Monday; it's the longest day ever in her time table. 

              "Rein!" 

              She tilted her head a little, feeling lazy to even lift it up. "Oh finally," and she sat upright when another guy with blonde hair sat in front of her with a white plastic bag. "Seriously whoever that produce that piece of timetable should get fired. Who the hell start lesson on eight all the way to three and then break for an hour and continue from four to six," she hissed before digging in the bag for food. "Yah, stop complaining the same thing on every Monday."

              "Yah Lee Hongki, are you tired of hearing the same thing already?" Rein glared at him which kept him silence because deep down in his heart, he don't mind listening to her ranting because she's her. Rein Kingsley

              And Rein Kingsley was the only friend Hongki had ever since he entered this school. Yes, Hongki have the looks and brain but just because he has those, no one dare to approach him because he looks too royal to talk to. Even though he tried talking to his classmates on the first day, they would either shy away or answer just one or two words. Hongki thought that they were just unfamiliar with him and might take some time to build friendship. On the second day, he tried talking again. On the third, fourth, fifth day where everything remains the same, Hongki gave up trying. 

              Subsequently, Rein Kingsley was a transferred student from America and she had moved to Seoul to begin her tertiary studies. She was an American born Korean; father American and mother Korean. Her mother passed away in America few months back therefore they had decided to move to Seoul because this was where her mother used to live.

              "Be right back," Rein wrapped up the sandwich that she just had one bite before getting up from the bench. Her hand clenching onto her stomach as she felt the pain invading her body. 

              Rein was making her way towards the restroom, only to notice that a guy was frantically walking towards her with a hood on his head and she's unable to see his face. She shrugged off the thought thinking that the guy might be late for lecture but by the time she realised that the guy wasn't looking the way he's walking, they bumped into each other. 

              "Oh I'm sorry!" Rein immediately apologised and as she looks up, the hood falls back a little revealing the face of the guy. He had small eyes and a rather pointed nose, and the way his dark brown eyes that was piercing yet mesmerising look into hers...it's like his eyes have the ability to talk. 

              "I should be sorry," the guy smiled as he put the hood back on before moving on. Rein, right there and then was caught off guard by his smile. Like, how can someone look so sweet when smiling? I mean, his eye-smile was no joke too. 

              " I'm supposed to be ting," she mumbled to herself before looking around for toilet signs because she seemed to have lost herself because of that simple smile.
 
Jinki pushed open the thick oak door before entering the grand mansion. The mansion that's only for him and his brother, the mansion that's far away from the city and deep inside a forest, the mansion where foxes would like because it's on the cliff whereby it's the closest to the moon. 

              "Oh hyung," a boy who looks younger than him greeted him as the boy walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Have you seen Pixie? I can't find her anywhere," he asked as he came out from the kitchen with a cup of water and his other hand on his hip. "God, she's so huge, it's not hard to find her in the house." Jinki pulled off the entire hoodie as he bare his upper body. "Oh and Taemin, you know what? I was roaming about and I accidentally went into school."

              "What?!" Taemin almost spit out the water that he was drinking, "man are you dumb or what?" He hissed. 

              Since always, Taemin know that his hyung was a clumsy person. Yes, Jinki was a smart fox but smart doesn't always mean that the person won't be clumsy right? 

              "So how does school feels?" Taemin refilled water for the cup that he used before passing it to his hyung. The older guy took it and gulped it down before answering, "creepy, I smelled stress. Oh and I bumped into this girl and, I don't know. Her aura was...different."

              "Like?" Taemin raised an eyebrow, confused at his hyung's words. After a moment of silence, he got tired of waiting and decided to just ignore Jinki since he don't look like he's going to elaborate anyway. "Mind you, we have a month left." 

              "Araso," Jinki replied lazily, putting the cup into the sink before heading up to his room. His room was pretty dark considering that the lights weren't on and the sun was setting already. He sat on his bed and looked out of the window with the scenery of a sunset. Time passes so fast, they had been human for two months already. Jinki sighed; being human wasn't as fun as he thought it would be. 

              He stood up from the bed and walked over to the window before realising that his bare foot was brushed against something soft. "Pixie?" He raised an eyebrow before a creature rose up from its lying position in the dark. "Taemin has been looking for you," Jinki bent a little before ruffling the wolf's fur. Her name was Pixie and she's supposed to be Taemin's pet. The wolf was big in size, definitely bigger than what human normally sees on TV. 

              Pixie whined in a low voice before lying down on her forelegs again. "So you don't want Taemin to find you? Araso, I'll let you stay here for a while," Jinki smiled to himself as he sat down on the ground cross-legged beside the wolf, ruffling the fur of its body.

              Come to think of it, the girl in the school campus just now. Jinki was thinking that her aura was different; in addition, he smelled something. Something familiar. Like, the scent of another fox; someone that he grew up with. Who could it be? The only way to know was perhaps to make another trip to the school and find out the truth. 

Hongki turned the doorknob and the smell of lavender welcomes him to his apartment. He sighed and dumped his bag aside before heading to the kitchen for a cup of drink. The weather has been pretty warm lately and he's certainly sure that he doesn’t enjoy the heat. 

              "Hongki," 

              The voice startled him, to the extent that he got choked on the water. 

              "What are you doing here?" He hissed after slamming the cup of water on the counter causing some of the content to spill out of the cup. "Hey, have a nicer attitude okay? I'm here to deliver information."

              The creature padded towards the kitchen before jumping onto the counter on all fours. "The princes, they're out, in human form."

              "What? Are you sure?" Hongki leaned against the counter with his arms crossed across his chest. "Yes, and from what we know, it's been two months already."

              Hongki had his eyes squinted as he send threatening glares to the fox, "and you're telling me only now?" 

              "Hey, it's better late than sorry," the black fox closed its eyes and rested his head on his paws. Hongki rolled his eyes before pushing himself away from the counter, "so what? I don't even know how they look like."

              "Well, you can smell them?" The fox had its tail upright before swinging it left to right. 

              "Pfft, yeah right. I'm a human now. What do you expect? Me to sniff on every human being? Really? Okay I got it, now go."

              "Hey, you're so harsh," the fox open his eyes again as he jumped off the counter. "Song Seunghyun what are you doing!" Hongki yelled as soon as he noticed that the fox was making its way to Hongki's bedroom. "Yah!" Hongki grabbed onto the tail of the fox as the fox groaned in pain. 

              "Get away!"

              "Fine fine stingy fellow!" The fox growled before vanishing into thin air. 

              Hongki sighed and fall on the ground; he shifted himself until his back hit against the nearby wall. "The princes are here huh..." He murmured in particular to no one as a small smirked was plastered on his face.  

"Hongki!" Hongki smiled as soon as he caught Rein's hand waving at him. "Hey," Hongki pull out the chair and sat in beside Rein's desk. Both of them stared at each other yet no words were exchanged. Hongki had always like Rein; she's beautiful to him just like...just like how Emma used to be the most beautiful fox in his eyes. He shook his head to get rid of the thought but immediately, another flash of memory came in. 

FLASHBACK

"No- Emma!!" Hongki's eyes widen in shock as soon as an arrow was shoot into Emma's body and he watched as the white fur was painted by blood red liquid. 

"G-go.." Emma whimpered as she let out low howls. And the next thing he knows, he started running with all his might like a leopard. 

END OF FLASHBACK

"Hongki?" Rein snapped her fingers in front of Hongki's face before looking at him with a confused expression. "What's wrong? You were thinking something and...you looked scared," Rein emphasised on the word 'scared' because the Hongki she knew was actually fearless. 

              "N-nothing," Hongki stuttered as he felt cold sweats forming at the back of his neck. He sighed as he leaned forward on the table and laid his head on his crossed arms before the homeroom teacher came in. 

              "Okay guys; get back to your seats!" The homeroom teacher hollered. Chairs were scraping loudly, and students were settling in. After what seemed like five minutes of noise, the class finally quiet down. 

              "There are two new transfers today," Mr Kang said and soon, the class became noisy again. Mr Kang knocked on his desk with a metal ruler, wanting to grab attention but failed miserably because everyone was so excited on who's coming in the mid of the year. 

              He sighed before signaling the two guys to come in. Upon the sound of sneakers squeaking against the ground, the class became quiet as they look up at the two guys. Everyone was eyeing them as they came in and it was so quiet that a pin drop could be heard ever so clearly. 

              Two handsome guys. 

              And Rein's eyes widen at the look of the second guy. He's the one yesterday...

              "Hi I'm Lee Taemin," the first guy smiled before gesturing to the second guy. "My hyung, Lee Jinki."

              "Onew." Jinki added, "you all can call me Onew." He smiled. 

              Hongki found himself taking deep breath as he tried to recall why did he stop breathing in the first place. His jaws literally dropped as soon as he saw both of them, but why? They...they smelled familiar too. 

              Ah...they smelled like the princes.

              At the same time, Jinki's and Taemin's nose twitched as both of them took a glance of each other. 

"Hey you're the one yesterday!" Rein approached Jinki as the bell for break rang off. Hongki followed behind her as he heard what she asked. "You two know each other?" 

              "I bumped into her yesterday when she's rushing to somewhere," Jinki explained as he stared into Hongki's eyes with anticipation. 

              "Oh, are you okay?" Hongki asked Rein, ignoring Jinki's pleading eyes as concern were written all over his face as he faced Rein. "I'm fine of course," Rein gave him an assuring smile before looking at Taemin. 

              "You're Taemin right?" She asked, smiling. "Yeah hi," Taemin frowned a little before regaining his posture. Something was wrong. He swears something was wrong with this girl but he doesn’t know what. Owning a wolf as a pet gave him the ability to have sharper auditory perception and for some reason, better smelling sense. Here he was, smelling something weird about her. Not that she's not a human but she's just an...extraordinary one. 

              "You...-" Taemin's sentence got cut off when Jinki held his arm as he smiled, "Taemin, let's go for lunch." 

              Jinki knew what Taemin was thinking. He too, senses it. In fact, he sensed that yesterday when he first met her. "Hey wait, want to eat together?" Rein invited before Jinki and Taemin left the classroom. Hongki kept a straight face but frowned as soon as they agreed to it. 

              "Oh yeah, what's your name?" Jinki asked as the four of them walked to the canteen. "Rein Kingsley," Rein smiled. "Kingsley? You're not a Korean?"

              "My dad's American," Rein said. "Oh," Jinki answered but something was lingering at the back of his mind. 

              "Kingsley sounds familiar," Taemin whispered lowly, only loud enough for Jinki or perhaps, Hongki to hear. "I can hear you," Hongki whispered back. The sound of their whisperings was so soft it's like they're just moving their lips without words. "I know you can. Lee Hongki," Taemin smirked. 

              Jinki frowned, Kingsley does sounds familiar. Where did he hear from?

 

 

 

 

 

EMIZ's Dungeon

HELLO READERS OF THE FOX LEGENDDDD. IT'S FINALLY HERE. I REWRITE IT. OMGOSH I REWRITE IT. LOL.

onew gif Pictures, Images and Photos

PLEASE FORGET WHATEVER YOU HAD READ BECAUSE I PROBABLY CHANGED THE STORYLINE A BIT. SO YEAH, COMMENT ALRIGHT? AND YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY WELCOME TO BE MY FRIEND! 

onew gif Pictures, Images and Photos

ENJOY :D