Legend 2

The Fox Legend


Rein knew something was wrong with these three guys. Hongki didn't even introduce himself but yet the two brothers seemed to know him already, and the way they exchange glares during lunch, she noticed it too. 

              She sighed as she open the door to her apartment. "Dad?" She raised her voice before taking off her sneakers and putting them aside neatly. No one answered; it seemed like her dad wasn't home right now. Rein sighed disappointedly as she headed straight to her bedroom after grabbing a bottle of cookies from the kitchen cabinet; she was keen to stay up for the night since she hadn't complete her part of the project. 

              After a shower, she took her cell phone from her bag and put it on the desk after checking that it has no new message. Biting her inner lip, she hesitantly settles down in front of her desk. "Fighting," she mumbled to herself before booting up her laptop to start her research. While waiting for the system to start, she reached for the bottle before twisting the cap open. But as soon as her finger was going to touch the cookie, the vibration of her phone against her desk scared her in the silent night. 

Hey, slept? :/

Not yet, research not done yet :( 

Rein placed her phone back on the table but it vibrated again as soon as the back of the phone touches the table surface. 

Need help? :)

It's okay, you should rest early you know! I can handle this myself ^^v

Rein smiled to herself. It has been the same every night; Hongki would always message her to ensure that she's home safe and sound. She's not dense, she knows that Hongki have a thing for her but she was also glad that he didn't confess or what because she really didn't want to ruin the friendship they had. It's not like she hate Hongki or what, it's just that...she don't think she have anything more than friend-kind-of-love towards him. 

Alright, sleep early too. See you tomorrow :)

Rein furrowed her brows slightly, was she being harsh to Hongki? She admit she was...sort of friend zoned him but it can't be help right? No one can blame anyone that she has no feelings for Hongki since love can't be force. She sighed before putting the phone aside, far away from her.

FLASHBACK

"Oh I'm sorry!" Rein immediately apologised and as she looks up, the hood falls back a little revealing the face of the guy. He had small eyes and a rather pointed nose, and the way his dark brown eyes that was piercing yet mesmerising look into hers...it's like his eyes have the ability to talk. 

"I should be sorry," the guy smiled as he put the hood back on before moving on. Rein, right there and then was caught off guard by his smile.

END OF FLASHBACK

Why am I thinking of him right now? Rein sighed as she reached for the cap. "I should really start on the research," she said before closing the bottle of cookies without even eating it. 

"Never really expect to see Hongki there," Taemin said as he walked out of the kitchen with Pixie behind him. "Hyung, you already know he's there before we went in the school?" 

              "Sort of. I mean, I said I accidentally went into school right? I somehow smell something familiar when I bumped into Rein. It turns out that Hongki was actually close to her that's why his scent lingers on her," Jinki slouched further into the leather seat before closing his eyes. 

              Taemin nodded briefly even though Jinki might not see it. He sat down on the ground cross-legged as he play with the fur on Pixie's body. 

              "You know what? I think we're amazing. Enrolling into a school should take about days or even weeks but we went into the school in just...less than 24 hours?" Taemin let out a soft chuckled before combing the wolf's tail with his fingers. Pixie barked as she closed her eyes to enjoy the touch.

              Deafening silence filled the living room until the thunder decided to roar ominously at this timing. Jinki's eyes shot open as he sat up from slouching position before standing up. "I'm going out for a while," he said and as he opened the door to the outside world, Pixie got up from its lying position. "Aish, stupid wolf. I raised you from a small pup till now but you just kept on clinging onto hyung." Taemin scoffed.

              Jinki managed a brief smile and he watched as Pixie exit the door before he close it behind them. "You're going to hunt for food right?" Pixie stared at him before barking once. Jinki sure know what Pixie were thinking huh? He pats on Pixie's head before she ran off into the dark forest. 

              Jinki didn't know how long he had been walking but as soon as he recomposes himself again, small drops of rain came splashing down against the ground. He looked up and realised that he was standing near a grey building. Well actually, he followed the scent. The scent of someone and it actually led him here. Jinki sighed as he slowly got drenched from the rain, blinking for several times, he walked into the building. 

              Standing in front of a wooden door, Jinki took a deep breath. Should I ring the bell? Should I even be here? What if he doesn't want to see me

              Hesitantly, he reached for the bell but just before he applies force on it, someone spoke from behind. 

              "What are you doing here?" 

              Jinki turned around only to see Hongki standing there with a plastic bag in his right hand and an umbrella in his left. 

              "I'm here—"

              "Digging your own grave?" Hongki asked before digging into his pocket for keys to his apartment. Jinki automatically shifted himself when Hongki walked to the door and slot the key into the hole. "Digging my own grave? Ah, and that reminds me, you do know that we are out here right?" Jinki frowned. 

              Hongki gritted his teeth before pushing the door open, "Seunghyun told me beforehand."

              "Seunghyun? He's still alive?" Jinki stood rooted to the ground as he literally froze in his position. Aren’t all the black foxes dead? I mean, other than Hongki who escaped...I didn't receive any info that Seunghyun was still alive.

              "Of course he is," Hongki turned around, surprised at the fact that Jinki was still standing at the door. He sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck, can't he just come in? Am I supposed to invite him in? Ugh.

              "And you said I'm digging my own grave...?" 

              "Jinki, you know what had happened between us. We have A LOT of unsettled scores," 

              Jinki hung his head low. Yes, he does know that. They have a lot of unsettled scores. By saying that he dug his own grave simply means that...Hongki was after his life

              "So...you're...going to kill me?" 

              Hongki kept quiet at the question. He admit that he wanted to kill him after knowing that he's out here in the human world but as soon as he saw him, it seemed like all the hatred disappeared. How could he? Jinki grew up with him, both of them played together since forever. They were closer than brothers. 

              "Go," Hongki said. "Get out of my sight now," and he walked to the door before slamming it close. 

              Jinki blinked once before placing both of his palms on the wooden door. He wanted to talk to him; he wanted the time to be like before. He just wanted Hongki to be his best friend again. But it's impossible right? 

              On the other side of the door, Hongki bit the inner of his mouth as his back pressed firmly against the door. He felt messed up inside, he wanted to break down but it's pointless since it happened so long ago. It's not like he hate Jinki, he too, love him as a brother. But what to do when the circumstances don't allow both of them to be best friends again? 

"Hyung, Pixie came home only in the morning. She said that foxes were being hunted in the forest last night. Many of the whites died," Taemin sighed as he poured two cup of milk for both himself and Jinki. "Did the King say anything?"

              "No. Not yet," Taemin sat down opposite from Jinki as he passed him his cup of milk. "And, where did you go last night?" He squinted his eyes on the older guy. 

              Jinki sip on the milk ever so slowly, using it as an excuse to avoid answering that question. Taemin knows, Taemin knows that he went to find Hongki. He knows that his hyung couldn't give up the friendship that the both of them had. "Hyung-"

              "I know what you want to say. Taemin, don't worry about me. I'm fine," Jinki sighed after placing the cup on the table. He stood up and straightens his shirt before looking at Taemin who happened to have his gaze on him. "Let's get going?" Jinki raised an eyebrow. 

              Taemin's face scrunched up, "No, I'm not going. School is bored."

              "Fine," Jinki threw his bag over his shoulder before heading towards the door. "Pixie!" Taemin hissed as soon as he saw her tailing behind his hyung. "Get back here! You're not going anywhere with hyung you little betrayer."

              The wolf growled loudly while glaring at Taemin, he imitated her growling and both of them had a glaring competition. "Hey, don't blow up the house alright? I'm leaving," Jinki closed the door as he chuckled to himself at how childish Taemin can get with a wolf.

              "Just go up will you?" Taemin commanded the wolf before the creature obediently go up the stairs after hissing at him. He looked at the door as his features soften. Taemin sighed, "hyung..."

              On the other hand, Jinki was walking through the forest so that he could get to the city. He could smell it, the scent of blood. Blood of his beings, blood of the foxes. At that moment, Jinki swore to himself; he's going to find that fox hunter soon.

FLASHBACK

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE US?"

"I..." Jinki stuttered, "HOW? I CAN'T."

"YOU CAN'T? IF TODAY, WHITE FOXES ARE THE ONE BEING ELIMINATED. WILL YOU DO NOTHING TOO?" 

Of course I will do something. Jinki's inner thought said to him. 

"I'm so disappointed in you Jinki. Again and again you disappoint me," Hongki hollered through his gritted teeth before padding away and camouflaged into the dark forest.

END OF FLASHBACK

I'm really selfish isn't it? Jinki asked himself. He didn't help back then when the black foxes were being ordered to die. He didn't even help his best brother who happened to be from the black fox family. And now? He's trying to save the white foxes? Jinki laughed at himself mentally, who's he kidding? He can't even save his friend let alone his gang of white foxes. 

              "Hey?" A girl's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "Oh hi there Rein," Jinki managed a small smile before looking around and realising that he's already in the school compound. 

              "Umm...you're alone today? Where's Taemin?" Rein asked as she fish out her phone when she felt it vibrating in her duffle bag. 

              "He..." He said school was bored and he didn't want to waste the remaining days to be studying. "He's kind of, sick."

              "Oh," Rein raised an eyebrow. "Hey, the first lesson was cancelled. Teacher went for course training," she said as she deleted the message that her class rep sent to her. "What's your number? Our class uses phones to communicate about changing of lessons. It will be troublesome if you don't give us your number," Rein smiled while looking up at Jinki's straight face. 

              "Jinki?" 

              "Ah sorry did you say something?"

              Rein laughed, punching him lightly on his arm. "Who were you thinking of?" She grinned devilishly. 

              "N-nothing. Just...some matter," he smiled again and that smile actually caught Rein's attention. Yes, that's the smile that she was looking for. The smile that some sort caught her attention when they first bumped into each other. 

              "Oh, where's Hongki?" Jinki asked, blushing a little as to how Rein stared at him for a second just now. 

              "Hongki? I don't know. He called me just now and said he's not coming today."

              "Not coming? Why?"

              Rein raised an eyebrow as she stopped in her tracks and look at Jinki as he walks. When Jinki found out that she's not beside him anymore, he turned around only to meet with her confused gaze. 

              "What?"

              "Why are you so concern about Hongki? Both of you know each other?" Rein interrogated him as she took small steps toward the guy. "W-well, classmates right? We ought to care about one another," Jinki stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck with awkwardness. Rein placed her hand on his shoulder before staring into his eyes. "Uh-huh...?" 

              "What!?" Jinki flung her hand away as he threw his arm around her neck before dragging her away. 

              "Aish go away!" 

              But the more she struggled, the tighter Jinki's grip was. Both of them giggled and at that moment, Rein knew something was wrong. Jinki was definitely hiding something from her and she's going to find out what. 

"So how's school for you so far?" 

              Both of them sat on the bench near the field, looking at the school team practicing for their upcoming competition in soccer.

              "Not bad I guess? I made friend like you," Jinki smiled, showing his pearl white teeth to Rein who seemed to be caught by the smile again. 

              "What about Hongki? Isn't he your friend too?" 

              "Y-yeah, sure he is." 

              "Wait, there's something wrong with the two of you. Are both of you hiding something from me?" Rein raised an eyebrow as she edged closer to the stuttering guy. "Nothing. I just knew him, what can we hide from you?" 

              "Pfft. I hate people lying to me, so you better don't bluff me," she said through her gritted teeth, stabbing her index finger into Jinki's chest. 

              Jinki laughed at her actions, she's so adorable. Both of them seemed to be very comfortable around each other, to the extent that skinship don't really matters anymore. 

              "Jinki, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

              What do I want to be? Jinki thought to himself. What can he be other than inherit the throne? He's the elder son. What choices are there? 

              "What about you?" He diverted the question back to her while watching how the captain shout at his team mates just because of a slight mistake that they had made a while ago.  

              Rein furrowed her brows before she her lips, "when I was 5, my mum always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school and they asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life."

              Jinki raised an eyebrow. He could feel the angst in Rein's words. He felt her tiredness, her unhappiness, her loneliness through just that sentence of words. Why was she emotional all of a sudden anyway?

              Rein bit back her tears upon remembering her mum. Her mother...she was always there for her whenever Rein needs her. Until she passed away, Rein realised how much she relied on her mother, so much so that she felt the world engulfing her and she couldn't even breathe. 

              "Was life being tough on you? That you can't be happy?" Jinki's gentle voice shook Rein out of her thoughts. "What?" 

              "Was life tough?" He repeated, earning a confused gaze from the girl. Did she say anything that she shouldn't have? What did she say? Was life tough? Well, it definitely was tough for her. Not only she doesn’t have a mother, her father was not home every time she returns. She's basically alone.

              Rein did not reply; she simply smiled and looked away from him. But Jinki didn't allow that, he gently pulled her chin so that she would be facing him and him alone.

              "Don't worry. As long as I'm around, I'll try my ultimate best to make you the happiest girl." 

              Rein's eyes widen in shock as Jinki's dark brown orbs looked into hers with sincerity. Can she trust his words? Can he be the friend that she could trust other than Hongki? 

              While Rein was debating in her mind, her heart already sent signal to her brain asking her to nod her head like a little girl.

 

 

 

 

 

EMIZ's Dungeon

Good news and bad news guys. Which one you want first?

onew gif Pictures, Images and Photos

(dafug did I just see? Onew spinning an iPad?!)

Hmm how about good news? Okay it's that I'm changing to change my phone soon to galaxy S3 WOOHOO and the bad news was that I'm not sure if I can continue typing fic in my phone because S3 don't seem to be a good device for typing fic lol but I will try. I really will. I'm not going to abandon this fic don't worry alright. I'm so excited to change my phone hehehe.

Okay anyway I've been working for the past 4 days and yeah these 4 days I didn't make any chapter -.- because I've been out from home since 9 in the morning until 12 at night so bascially home is just a place to sleep rofl.

hongki gif Pictures, Images and Photos

And also I earned myself a ticket to SWCII in sg so HEY I'M FREAKING GOING TO SWCII OMGGGGGGG 

onew gif Pictures, Images and Photos