Chapter 15: I Will (Not) Be Your Type

Himchan Had A Little Lamb. Had.

 

Chapter 15: I Will (Not) Be Your Type

 

“H—his number?”

 

Himchan had his eyes the size of plates. Jieun had to summon every strength she had in her body just to force back a laugh.

 

“Yeah, I was wondering if you think it would be a good idea,” she continued, as she followed Himchan through the shelves in the convenience store.

 

“I don’t think he’s dating anyone, and there’s a cool noona in our company who has seen him before, I thought he might like the idea,” she’s going in strong.”

 

“W—why would you ask me?” Himchan was clearly annoyed as he tried to hide his face into the freezers looking for bottles of juice and ice tubs of ice cream.

 

“If he’s not into that, there’s this really good looking oppa training with us too, and he’s seen some of his videos and photos, he was pretty interested too!”

 

“I SAID WHY—” he was ready to blow, but stops, breathes and continues,

 

“I said, why would you ask me?”

 

It was the perfect plan. It was smart, fun and calculating. To the common observer, it would seem like everything is going smoothly yet slowly between the two. However, to those who paid closer attention, it is very easy to see that the two have become quite lenient, or maybe giving. Himchan had become too relaxed at the notion that Yongguk was too shy to meet up with people, and maybe he had become more secure over the days. The shy rapper on the other hand… that kid is just beyond redemption. Who would think a teen such as himself could not be hot blooded and raging with hormones?

 

“Well, you know him best, so I thought I should ask you first,”

 

“Jieun, you know we—”

 

“You’re best friends, right?” the words off her tongue.

 

You brought this upon yourself, Himchan.

 

So sweet as poison, he could die.

 

- - -

 

“What is his type?” she asked for the tenth time that evening.

 

“Stop asking me, I don’t know either,”

 

He was not annoyed at her, no, not at all. Himchan could never be annoyed at this sweet girl. But what was annoying was the fact that he really didn’t know either. All her questions were too damn personal, and for someone who takes pride in the fact that he knows Yongguk the best, he certainly doesn’t have a lot of information about him. Over the months that he had known him, it had dawned on him that they have never talked about anything personal. They have talked about a lot of things, but he never really asked about certain things – those things that actually mattered.

 

It was pretty frustrating. Really, who was he kidding? Suddenly, he felt like venting on something, and the innocent tissue dispenser just mocked him as it reflected a distorted version of his ulzzang face.

 

Why you little—

 

Himchan took a bunch out and shredded to pieces, grinning as he imagined the tissue sheets screaming in agony.

 

“Come on, you ought to know, what’s his type?”

 

Jieun, I swear to God, just one—

 

“Who’s type?” the third voice came in.

 

“Oh, Maslo-oppa! We’re just talking about Yongguk,” the man casually sits with the two, taking his third order. He seemed like he’s getting a little too drunk, having a little too much to drink, but he continues anyway as he swayed in his seat.

 

“Oooooh, Jienu-ah, I didn’t think he was your style, no, not at all,” he laughed, as his mouth tried to reach for the straw that seemed like running from one corner of the glass to another.

 

“No, not mine, I just thought it was interesting, but Himchan doesn’t know,” Jieun mocked.

 

It seemed like the girl was a little too feisty tonight, in fact, she had been a little too much these past few days. Why must it matter that he didn’t know. Was he really supposed to know? He didn’t need her to tell him that he was lacking in any department when it comes to Yongguk’s life. They were close, closer to Yongguk than all the girls in this room could hope for. If he doesn’t know his type, who cares? He will know soon enough anyway, he will know Yongguk’s –

 

“It’s because he doesn’t have one,” the show stopper.

 

How is that even possible? Himchan knows he has one, and it’s quite impossible for anyone to not have one, or maybe even two. To him, this way new, as an active teen in the underground scene, it’s quite impossible for Yongguk to not have a certain type.

 

“He doesn’t?” their voices in harmony, Jieun and Himchan stared at one another as they piped in with the question.

 

“Nah, you’d think for a hormonal guy his age he’d have one, long hair, long legs, that type but he doesn’t really care,” he said, waving his hands, scribbling the description he just had in his head as they all looked at the building pile of tissues that Himchan had been shredding, with Yongguk’s rapping in the background getting drowned by the hundreds of screams that the girls in the club, and probably the men too, were throwing for him.

 

“What do you mean?” they asked again. They could build a choir, now, seriously.

 

“Why are you so synchronized? Goddamn, you guys are freaky,”

 

“You’re going to be freaky all right if you don’t answer right away,” Himchan couldn’t contain himself, he was curious and annoyed, feeling all bad and antsy. He didn’t see how Jieun snickered and how she just nodded with a huge glint of satisfaction.

 

“Shizus, serious killer much?”

 

“Did you mean serial, hyung? But seriously, if you don’t—” Himchan felt like smashing his face in.

 

“Damn, Himchan, you’re nothing like Yongguk’s stories.” He suddenly said, and the man was taken aback.

 

“What do you—”

 

“Anyway, he doesn’t look at them, as in look, you know? He’s the ‘personality’ kind of guy, you know?” Maslo said, nodding to himself, Himchan just really wanted to smash his face in.

 

“Oh, rare breed,” the woman commented, Himchan had to agree.

 

“I know! I keep telling him to meet with all these models that come to see him, he doesn’t really care,” Himchan gave the man the look. He’s really quickly getting on top of his hit list. Jieun didn’t think this night could get any more entertaining.

 

You’re going to die a horrible death, Hyung.

 

“That kid is just—”

 

“He likes the nice types. Next door, something like that, those who pick up trash, he finds those charming,”

 

The world froze, as Himchan saw Yongguk walking to their direction. He looked at all the dead papers he had shredded, looking as each tissue got blown away by Maslo’s laughted, as if in slow motion. As Yongguk got closer, Himchan suddenly found the urge to charmingly pick up the tissue pieces he had shredded early. Intricately picking up each piece.

 

“Oh, Himchannie, let me help you,”

 

“No, that’s okay, haha, Maslo-hyung had a little too much to drink,”

 

“Ah, sorry about that,

 

“It’s okay I like doing this,” his voice soft, charming.

 

“Y—You do?”

 

“Yeah, I’m just that type,

 

Your ideal type.

 

Jieun, ah, patting herself – she was too good.

 

Today’s progress was pretty good.

 

---

 

Preview:

“So, how about it? That date?”

“The what?”

“Oh, Yongguk, I asked Himchan if he wanted to see this little someone,

“Little what?”

“Yeah, and you too, Yongguk, I wanted to introduce you to someone,”

Jieun laughed as she felt Himchan burning a hole through her soul.

 

Note: Why the preview? Because I was meaning to post this right after Chapter 14 but my internet went haywire so I just wrote another one to make up for it :( Anyway, to make up for the idiocy in Chapter 14, here's a one shot! :D 

Give Me A Name

Stuck in an elevator, Himchan asks for the name of the person he swears to hate.