그날~ That day

용문신 ~ The Dragon Tattoo

It was nostalgic. Everything was; all the simple obedience, short, direct reports and the backups ready in a single call. Leeteuk smiled dryly as he instantly called his brothers one by one in quick succession. They were trained well – their answers were to the point and relevant, their actions immediate. As he flicked through his phonebook for the very last call, he felt himself hesitating at the green button. It has been a very long time indeed… 12 years was it? He closed his eyes at the coming headache; this one call was going to be the start of something huge – something he knew he was going to regret one day… The memory was still fresh: the day where he learned that the little boy in his care was someone worth more then all their lives put together; someone more important then anyone he had ever met…

 

The bells twinkled as the bakery doors were pushed open. Leeteuk turned to the entrance at the gentle melody and looked up to the customer drowsily. He felt his sleepy mind jump start as he took a single look at the familiar beautiful face.

 

‘My, my Leeteuk… I let a genius like you go just so you could run a little shop…?’

 

Leeteuk quickly bowed at the figure before him.

 

‘Jiyong hyung-nim!’ He stated formally.

 

Jiyong chuckled, his feathery white-blonde hair ruffling at the motion. ‘As polite as always, aren’t we?’

 

Leeteuk merely nodded once, wishing desperately for the man to get out as soon as possible. He checked the clock from the corner of his eyes: 2 minutes left until Onew returned from school.

 

‘So, we’re still not willing to come back?’ Jiyong asked amusedly, studying the café with an interested look.

 

Leeteuk bowed again. ‘…No sir.’

 

Jiyong smiled like he completely expected Leeteuk’s answer and sat on a stool next to him. ‘Is everyone still with you?’

 

‘Yes… We studied together and bought the shop a few months ago.’

 

‘Well, it definitely must have taken some time to come up with the money.’ Jiyong waved his arms at the decorations around him.

 

‘We worked for quite a time.’

 

‘I see...’

 

The pair settled into a silence; and as each passing second made Leeteuk more uncomfortable, it seemed to have an opposite affect on his ex-boss – even to the point where he closed his eyes and leaned against the plush stools with a sigh of content.

 

Just as when Leeteuk was considering offering tea to make the situation less awkward, the bell played its melody once again, the doors giving way to a tiny boy with a huge yellow rucksack.

 

Jiyong opened his eyes slowly, his light smile growing wider as he took in the petite figure.

 

‘Hello, who’s this?’

 

Onew blinked at the man sitting so casually in front of him. ‘Mister, is your hair real?’ he asked, tilting his head sideways.

 

Leeteuk felt horror that could have frozen hell twice over. Gdragon was famous for his touchiness with his hair in the Jojic; a few incidents occurring due to some joking comments about his artificial white-blonde hair and boyish looks. His body tensed up, getting ready to leap in front of the boy if he had to.

 

Jiyong instantly noticed this and bit his tongue to stop out from laughing. Was he really viewed as a person who would attack an 8 year old just because he commented on his hair?

 

He sat up and grinned at the small boy.

 

‘Nope. I dyed it. Do you like it?’

 

Onew’s face brightened and he nodded eagerly. ‘Yeah! I wanted to dye my hair too, but hyung won’t let me…’ he shot half an accusing look towards Leeteuk, who shrugged it off with a frown.

 

‘That was very unfair of your hyung.’

 

‘It was!’

 

Jiyong chuckled. ‘What’s your name?’

 

Onew smiled brightly. ‘I have two names! Which one do you want to hear?’

 

‘Hm…. Both!’

 

‘Well… I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours!’

 

‘Alright. My name is Kwon Jiyong.’

 

‘My name is Lee Jinki, but people call me Onew!’

 

Jiyong froze, his gentle features suddenly sharpening fiercely. ‘… Lee Jinki?’ He stood up and walked over to Onew and studied the round face with uncertain speculation. Onew backed away from him automatically, but was held in place by Jiyong’s slim arms.

 

Leeteuk got up the moment Jiyong’s arms touched Onew, his mind solely concentrating on the pair of pale, skinny arms that could easily overpower them both. His childish appearances would have made anyone doubt his true identity; but there was a reason why he was called Gdragon, and it wasn’t pretty.

 

Jiyong suddenly ripped Onew’s t-shirt off in a single, fluid motion, and he turned the trembling boy around with a measure of serenity and caution. The moment he took his gaze to the boy’s back, he suddenly found his vision blocked by an angry Leeteuk.

 

‘… You may have been my favourite for some time now, but please don’t misjudge just because of that... Move please.’ Jiyong kept his voice in perfect control, despite the anger at the impertinence.

 

Leeteuk wavered at the cold authority; he was desperately fighting his raging instincts to keep himself standing still, but even the strongest willed cannot win against a life-time of obedience. He reluctantly backed away, but stood next to Onew silently, wariness etched across his body.

 

Jiyong turned to Onew the moment Leeteuk moved, and found something that he had been both dreading and wishing for at the same time. With a trembling hand, he touched the ugly letters inscribed on the boy’s white back.

 

Lee Jin Ki

 

 

 

 

I finally found you…!

 

Yes I know =_= My obession with GD has finally reached my fic 0___0 More random characters will be coming in soon ;) I'm so hyped up!!! I have the full plan for this fic, and let's just say that it's going to be a series of extremely fast-paced, unexpected events~~!!!! :D Please look forward to it and comment 8D!!! You know that I live to see them XD!!