~Prologue Four

용문신 ~ The Dragon Tattoo

The pastel green doors opened with a light creak as the four figures stepped in to the kitchen. The small bulb flickered on as Leeteuk pressed the switch.

 

Heechul happily lifted Onew into his arms for a better view. ‘Onew-yah! This is the kitchen, repeat after me, kit-chen’

 

‘Ki-cken...’ Onew scrunched up his expression in an attempt to copy the pronounciation. ‘Chi-cken.’

 

Heechul gasped and squeezed the boy in his arms tighter. ‘Amazing! He’s a prodigy Donghae! He understands that kitchen is related to chicken!’

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. ‘I don’t think that’s it…’

 

Leeteuk slipped his apron on and pulled up his jumper sleeves. ‘Could you take Onew out of the kitchen Heechul? We need to start baking.’

 

‘No way Hyung! He needs to see what we’re doing! I read it yesterday on the internet that children watches and learns!’ Heechul cried out defensively.

 

Leeteuk looked at him thoughtfully and nodded in consent. ‘Fine… but make sure Onew doesn’t get hurt…’

 

Without bothering to answer, Heechul sped off towards his workstation and sat Onew on a wooden stool.

 

‘We are going to make some cookies today! Do you like cookies?’

 

Onew’s eyes lit up in delight. He nodded violently, nearly knocking himself off the stool.

 

Heechul quickly steadied him and grinned. ‘Good! But before we start cooking, we need to wash our hands first!’

 

He lifted Onew next to the sink and gently washed his hands under warm water.

 

‘You must never forget to wash your hands Onew! Especially before cooking - All the little germies will get to the food if you don’t!’

 

‘Okay Hyung…’ Onew said, feeling the need to pat Heechul’s shoulder.

 

Heechul chuckled and took him to the bowl of cookie dough he prepared an hour prior. He scooped out a small lump and wrapped Onew’s hands around it.

 

‘This is the cookie dough. Hyungs use it for making cookies!’ Heechul took a bit of the mix himself and pressed it against the counter; He grabbed a cookie stencil and pushed it on the flattened dough. ‘Now, you try it Onew!’

 

Onew took a teddy-bear stencil and carefully pressed it next to where Heechul cut out his shape. The shape cut cleanly and he laid it on his palms to study it.

 

Heechul smiled at him and ruffled his hair. ‘Well done! You’ll become a great baker one day!’

 

‘Yeah.’ Onew looked up to him and smiled back. ‘Just like hyung-ahs…’

 

Yes, I KNOW there are a lot of prologues ^^ but it's all for the affect XD.... Did you guys like it? I liked this chapter.. it was really cute to write :)