~The Very Beginning

용문신 ~ The Dragon Tattoo

It was a grey morning. The vapory clouds stretched across the empty skies, and the faint outlines of the thinning sun, blocked by the thick, hazy mist. The freeway drew an ugly line across the stuffy landscape, marking the land like an age old scar.

 

A sole motorbike raged across the empty freeway, disturbing its vacant silence with its roaring engine. The driver leaned his slim frame against the handle and molded his body to the vehicle, just as a red porche drove into the second lane. The car’s window silently slid open and a gun was placed on the top of the side-view mirrors.

 

Taemin glanced back at the noise and swore. To get caught defenseless in the middle of an objectless clearing was disastrous. He pushed his body closer to the windscreen and sped up, wanting to quit the chase as soon as possible.

 

The opposition started to fire causally, not bothering to aim - From the manner that they were shooting at him, Taemin assumed that they did not know his rank or his identity – just as one of the underlings that they can play with.

 

Taemin gritted his teeth and felt the corners of his mouth pulling into a predatory grin. Screw disadvantages. They were going to-

 

He swerved dangerously as he lost control of the bike with a sharp pain to his wrists. One of the bullets had grazed him. He steadied his vehicle and felt a pity forming for the men in the car.

 

Oh, these bastards were going to pay.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

‘Where. The. Hell. Have. You. Been.’

 

Those were the six words that greeted Taemin as he tiredly stepped into the main casino.

 

Jaejoong glared daggers at his bloody wrists.

 

‘And why the hell are you bleeding?’

 

Taemin instantly put on his puppy-eyed look. ‘Hyung… It was an accident-’

 

Jaejoong cut him off with a stern look.

 

‘No. No more of that Taemin. You got into another fight haven’t you?’

 

Taemin scowled and dropped his act as his best attack failed. ‘It was just an accident hyung! I was just driving past nicely when I saw a bunch of the Daegoo Jojic wondering in our territory. So I just… messed them up a bit… and then, their stupid leader starts to fire at me - I sort of messed him up to, I suppose…’

 

Jaejoong sighed and pinched his temples. ‘How many times did I tell you Taemin, that yes, you can fight whenever you like, except in the special case of-’

 

‘Fighting alone… yeah, yeah…’

 

‘You’re on the A-list of every single mafia group in the whole country. Do you know that?’

 

Taemin just shoved his hands into his pockets and pouted angrily.

 

Jaejoong frowned at him and shook his head. He flicked his hands, motioning towards the upper corridor. ‘… Come out please Jonghyun…’

 

A lean, compact figure slid out of the shadows next to the grand staircase.

 

Taemin narrowed his eyes at the boy.

 

‘Who’s this?’ He asked suspiciously.

 

‘Your new…’ Jaejoong paused, seemingly searching for the right word. ‘Friend, body guard, school mate, underling… whatever you want to call him.’

 

Taemin shrugged, he was fine with that… He paused as a thought struck his mind. ‘…school mate?!’

 

‘For your new school.’ Jaejoong said firmly. ‘Your very own high school… I entered you for the freshmen’s year Taemin, you won’t be lacking in anything since you’ve been tutored…’

 

Taemin cut him off. ‘No way. No ing way I’m going into a high school! It’ll be a total waste of my time!’

 

Jaejoong shrugged and smiled coyly. ‘It’s your choice darling… either that, or no guns, gang fights, alcohol and cigarettes until you’re legally aged-’

 

‘OKAY.’ Taemin said through gritted teeth. ‘I’ll go to the stupid school!’

 

‘Good boy.’ Jaejoong ruffled Taemin’s hair, grinning happily.

 

Taemin growled and stormed upstairs to his room; the bright lights of the casino floor were giving him a headache. Jonghyun silently followed his new master, bowing slightly to Jaejoong before walking away.

 

Four men turned their gaze to Jaejoong.

 

‘How the hell did you do that…?’ Junsu said, still shocked that Taemin had agreed.

 

Yunho merely grinned and poked Changmin’s back. ‘You lost – that’s 6000 bucks.’

 

‘Aw, hyung!’ Changmin pouted, but sighed as he handed the thick wedge of cash. ‘I’ll have to get some more now…’

 

‘Whatever.’ Yunho threw the wedge towards a group of women, flashing his white teeth at their giggles.

 

Jaejoong scowled and took a threatening step towards him.

 

Yunho backed away. ‘I’m taken for now ladies… maybe later.’

 

Kekekeke..... I admit, I added some YunJae cos I was bored ^^ I hope you guys don't mind <3