Chapter 18

The Showdown

Wow - I'm on a role huh?  3 chapters within 24 hours!

 

 

Chapter 18

 

Minho and Jonghyun were in their new kitchen, taking a break from unpacking all of their things.  There were three bedrooms in their new place.  Onew took the smallest one, with a single bed in it, for himself.  Key and Taemin took the next biggest room, leaving the largest room to Minho and Jonghyun.  Jonghyun was incredibly grateful that he wouldn’t have to share a room with Key and Taemin anymore.  As much as it may have seemed like he was faithfully ignoring the relationship between the two, it was never far from his mind and it was just uncomfortable for him to have to sleep in the same room as another couple every night. 

 

Minho was quietly standing by the sink, drinking a glass of water and idly flicking through cabinets to see where Key had placed things in their new kitchen. 

 

All of a sudden they heard yelling coming from Key and Taemin’s room.  It was muffled through the walls but it called the attention of the other members.  Onew came out of his room, which was located on the opposite side of the kitchen from the other two rooms with a confused look on his face. 

 

There was a squeak as the door was wrenched open and Taemin stepped out, a look of exasperation on his face.  His long hair had been pulled back into a pony tail, but after hours of moving around the room and sweating, it had become messy and strands had escaped to fly around his head.

 

Following close on his heels was Key, who somehow managed to look just as put together now as he was when they started unpacking hours ago.  “Aw, please Taeminnie!”  He whined catching one of the maknae’s arms and holding him up just as he reached the kitchen.  He looked up and saw everyone else staring at them and just shook his head. 

 

He jerked his arm free from his hyung with a quick motion that had him turning around at the same time – just in time to catch Key as he stumbled forward from the force.  Grasping Key’s shoulders he pushed the elder back into a stable standing position.  Looking the shocked rapper in the face, Taemin simply said, “No.” 

 

He moved around Jonghyun to reach into the fridge for an energy drink.  He leaned against the counter across the room from Minho and pulled the tab on his drink. 

 

“Um, guys?”  Onew started, unsure of what was going on and if his intervention was needed. 

 

“We’re fine Onew; he’s just being a diva again.”  Taemin said with a laugh in his voice, holding the cool can against his sweaty face to help himself cool off.  His eyes were closed as he took in the relaxing feeling. 

 

Key however blushed furiously and placed his hands on his hips.  “Hey!  I am not adiva!  That’s just my image!  And I don’t see what the big deal is anyway!”  He pouted and glared at the dancer, who merely looked on with a small smile.

 

“What’s not a big deal?”  Minho asked from his corner of the kitchen, honestly curious about what this was about.  There was an odd sort of atmosphere to this fight.  There was no hostility in the air like what usually accompanied fights.  Rather, there was a sense of amusement floating between the two as thought they knew that nothing bad would come of this altercation.  They were having fun fighting. 

 

Taemin started to laugh outright, a big full laugh that reverberated around their kitchen and seemed infectious. Not even knowing what was going on, the others started chortling and snickering at the couple. 

 

Key huffed and crossed his arms and actually started tapping one foot in a faux-annoyance.  It would have been far more effective though if he had managed to keep the smirk off of his face. 

 

“Aw come on Minnie!  It would be so pretty!” Key pleaded, capturing Taemin’s eyes within his own and pouting, hands clasping in front of him as though in prayer.  It was an adorable picture and Jonghyun found himself wanting to just give him whatever he wanted, like parents gave in to a five year-old. 

 

Taemin sighed, finished his drink and tossed the empty can over Minho’s head, off of the tile backsplash and into the sink with a hollow thunk. 

 

He pushed himself off of the counter and approached Key who had a hopeful look in his eyes.  Taemin put his right hand on Key’s left shoulder and leaned in close.  “Key, I love you and think that you are utterly adorable, but there is nothing that you will ever be able to do to convince be to paint our bedroom pink.”  And with that he lowered his hands and calmly walked back to the bedroom to continue un-packing.

 

Key stood there pouting for a moment before he gently smiled and started laughing a little.  “Well, it was worth a shot right?” He asked, looking towards the other members.

 

The other three responded by laughing at the fashionista.  Onew recovered first and said, “Pink?” in a high-pitched tone that implied that he was only barely holding back his laughter. 

 

“What’s wrong with pink?” Key demanded, also trying not to laugh himself.  He knew that Taemin wasn’t as big a fan of the bright color as Key was, but he thought it would be alright to ask.

 

“How is he supposed to fall asleep when the room is that bright?  Bedroom should be a deep color to help you fall asleep.” Minho stated, finishing his glass of water and re-filling it from the tap. 

 

Jonghyun snickered a little more and said, “Guess we know who wears the pants in your relationship,” and walked off back to his bedroom, completely unaware of the fact that he had just managed to acknowledge the relationship between his two bandmates in a lighthearted way, and even more unaware of how much that had meant to Key who knew just what that would have cost the singer if he had been aware of having done so. 

 

Eventually the other three rotated back into their rooms to continue unpacking their things and make this new place a home as soon as possible.  Re-entering their room, Key was forced to stop in the doorway, still holding the door handle in surprise. 

 

Taemin had been busy while Key was gone.  He had shoved the two twin beds in the room together and had made up the bed with pale pink cotton sheets and a matching fluffy looking comforter.  Gentle music flowed softly out of a CD player on the corner of one of their dressers.  Around the room pink and white candles sat on dressers and side tables, giving off a pale light.  On the floor were the scattered petals of pink roses.  On the bed was a large bouquet of flowers – red chrysanthemums, primrose and some scattered baby’s breath.  It was so beautiful.  Key moved to the bed and reverently picked up the flowers and held them close to smell their wonderful fragrance. 

 

He heard the door click shut softly behind his and he saw Taemin standing there.  His hair had been brushed back into place and he had changed his clothes, keeping his slightly loose jeans but switching out his t-shirt for a cleanly pressed dark green, short-sleeved button down, left ed over a white undershirt.  In his hands he held two flowers, a medium-sized sunflower in one, and a sprig of vascaria blooms in the other. 

 

Taemin took in the surprise on his lover’s face and mentally congratulated himself on pulling off the surprise.  Key may be the easiest to trick of them all, but Taemin tended to not be able to pull of surprises because he would start laughing and alerting the others that he was up to something.  But for once, he knew that he had succeeded.  Approaching Key he handed the man the other flowers without saying anything.  They locked eyes for a moment before Key leaned forward and gently laid a kiss on the maknae’s lips.  They remained that way until Key remembered that the flowers were trapped between them.  Letting out a squeak of outrage, Key pushed away and gently placed the flowers back on the bed.  He felt Taemin’s arms encircle his waist before tugging him back gently against the other’s chest.  They swayed slightly to the music and just enjoyed the moment.

 

“I love you Kibum,” he heard Taemin whisper.

 

Key turned around in the younger’s grasp and gently kissed him once more, “I love you too Taemin.” 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

YAY!!!!! KEYTAE ROMANITC FLUFF!  I loved writing this chapter!  Though since I know nothing about flowers (not particularly liking them myself) I had to look a bunch of stuff up.  I used the flowers that I did because of their specific meanings which I wrote out below. 

 

   Pink Roses – Love, grace, gentility, you’re so lovely, perfect happiness, please believe me

 

       Red Chysanthemum– I love you

 

  Primrose – Young love, I cannot live without you

 

    Baby’s Breath – Happiness

 

   Sunflower – Homage and devotion

 

 

  Viscaria – Would you dance with me?

 

When I saw that there was a flower solely about dancing I knew that I had to use it just because of who these two are!

 

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter because it is the last light-heartedness we are going to see for a while.  The action is going to hit hard now, so I hope that you all are preparing yourself for it.

 

Please comment!