A Song For You

Dating For Publicity

Krystal texted Sulli that she's going home, not to the f(x) dorm but her actual house. Krystal walked all the way from the park to her house. But to her, that long walk didn't feel long at all because her mind's too cramped up. Krystal kept having flashbacks of Minho and her spending time together. She thought he liked her too but it looks like her mind likes to fool her.

"Who am I kidding?" Krystal thought out loud. "How can I actually think that he felt something for me?" Krystal ran her fingers through her hair. Krystal felt cold so she began to walk faster. "How I wish you were here to hold me and make me warm, like you once did." she said to herself. She then decided to drop by the dorm to pick something up.

Krystal rang the doorbell and Amber opened the door. "Krystal, I thought you were going home?" Amber opened the door wider to let Krystal come in.

"I just needed to get something I left," she sniffed.

"Krys, were you crying?" Amber asked as Krystal sat on the couch. Just then, Victoria and Luna came out of the room.

"Oh, Krystal? What happened?" Victoria walked towards her and sat beside her.

"You're not going home?" Luna asked. Sulli walked out of the bathroom.

"Soojung ah, are you okay?" Sulli asked.

Krystal told her members everything that happened not too long ago. The f(x) girls helped her wipe her tears away and hugged her to comfort her. Krystal was thankful that she has such loving members. Krystal walked into the room she would sleep in when she visited the door and opened the closet. Krystal took out a jacket. It was the jacket Minho wore for her, the one that she forgot to return. Krystal wore it over her body and breathed deeply to smell his scent that was still on the jacket. Krystal bid her members goodbye and left. 

As she reached home, her mother greeted her with a hug and a kiss and so did her father. Krystal hugged that tight. People that can make her smile again are her members, parents and sister. 

"I miss you so much, Soojung." Mrs Jung said. "I'm sorry we had to leave."

"It's okay, omma. At least you're back now." she faked a smile.

"Soojung!" Jessica ran out of her room and hugged her younger sister.

"Unnie, I missed you!" Krystal hugged her sister back.

"Since you're home now, let's eat." her father suggested. Krystal nodded and her family sat at the dining table. 

"Sica and I made your favorite food," Mrs Jung smiled excitedly. Krystal grinned. Food has always been one of the things that could cheer her up. Mrs Jung opened the cover of the plate. "cheeseburger!" her mother cheered. Krystal's smile faded slowly when she saw the cheeseburger. Krystal just took the burger off the plate and took a bite. Krystal closed her eyes to avoid herself from crying. 

"Omma, look, she's enjoying it so much." Jessica laughed. Their mother nodded. Krystal opened her eyes and smiled at her family.

"Thank you, omma." she said.

"Aigoo, this child, she's already 17 but still needs her omma to clean for her." Mrs Jung joked while Mr Jung and Jessica laughed. Mrs Jung took a piece of tissue and wipe the corner of . Without noticing, Krystal let her tears drip. "Soojung, are you okay?" her mother asked worriedly. Jessica and her dad also stopped smiling.

"Oh," Krystal wiped her tears. "ne. I'm just overjoyed that you guys are back." she put on a fake smile. 

"So, where did you go today?" Mr Jung asked. Krystal stopped chewing.

"Nowhere," she lied.

"You're obviously lying," Jessica gave her a smirk.

"Were you out with a boy? Who was it?" Mrs Jung said excitedly. Krystal couldn't hold it in anymore. She thought coming home would mean no more thoughts about Minho. She wanted to cry. 

"She's not answering, it means she did! Come on, tell us!" Jessica teased.

"Unnie, stop it." Krystal said. "I don't want to talk about my day, okay?" Krystal got up and went into her room. Krystal sat on the bed and started crying. She looked at her side table to see her diary laying on it. It's been a while since she wrote in it. She opened up to the very first page and she noticed that it was the entry about her very first day as a trainee in the agency.

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day at SM. Everyone was very nice to me and made me feel welcomed. Actually, I knew them from a long time ago because my sister would always bring me there since she became a trainee before I did. I met a girl name Sulli and we became good friends. She's really pretty! I hope that I would get into the same group with her. We're also the same age and that makes it even easier for me to communicate with her. I also met Taemin and Kibum, they are very nice guys. While I was in the practice room, a guy walked in. He's very handsome. He has a very charming smile. I introduced myself to him and he simply ignored me. I thought he didn't hear so I repeated what I said. He yelled at me that I was annoying, how could he? I stood up and yelled back. I hate him! I don't think I'll ever be good friends with him. His name is Choi Minho. 

Krystal flipped through more of the pages and noticed that in every entry, Minho would be in it. She groaned in frustration and accidentally tore a page from the book. She began reading that page.

Dear Diary, 

I watched a sad love story today with Sulli, Amber unnie, Luna unnie and Vic unnie today. It was so sad that all of us cried. I suddenly had an urge to write a song that reflects that story. I have to write it now.

sarangheyo jigeum gyote opjiman                                                                                                                                                                            geudega isso                                                                                                                                                                                                                isesangi nan hengbokhan gollyo

(I love you, although you are not beside me at the moment.                                                                                                                         because you’re here, my world is filled with happiness.) 

 

I have been staring at this paper for almost an hour but those are the only lyrics I could come up with, how frustrating! I need personal experience in order to write it. Well, I have never been in love. I'm still young. But I hope in the future I won't have to go through heartbreak. It sounds scary. Some girls can cry the whole day because a guy hurt them, wow. I wonder how that feels like. Well, goodnight diary.

Krystal went over to her desk and sat on the chair. She took a pen and began writing. "Now I can finally finish this song," she said to herself.

-----------

Minho tossed and turn in his bed. He has been trying to fall asleep but he just can't close his eyes. He shouldn't have let her go but to him, it seemed like it was the best way to end things. He was afraid he would hurt her more. He felt stupid for even trying to confess how he really felt. He didn't know why he did that. He wanted to see how Krystal felt but he felt like he went to far. He wanted her to know he was sorry but he couldn't face her right now. He felt like a fool. Minho grabbed a pen and a notepad and wrote down lyrics. 

----------

Two days passed. Krystal was in the recording room with some music producer. She was recording a song. It wasn't just any song. It was the song she finished writing. After she finished recording, she left the room. Krystal didn't see where she was walking and managed to stop before she hit the person who stood in front of her.

"Sorry," that person apologized. Krystal was about to apologize to when she noticed that that person was Minho. Krystal gave him a weak smile and walked away. "Krystal, Krystal!" Minho called out but Krystal never did look back.

----------

f(x) were going to appear on a variety show. It was a one day show. Not only f(x) were going to be there. But a few more other groups were going to be there. Groups like SHINEE. 

The day of the variety show filming came by quickly. f(x) were on stage along with other groups. Shinyeong became the MC of the show. 

"Now, we have a challenge. A surprise challenge. It's called songwriting ability!" Shinyeong announced. "Well, we have personally picked the idols ourselves by gathering information from their own group members about their ability to write a song." she continued explaining. "Idols would have already written a song by themselves and there's music arranged." All the idols went, ohhh. 

"We'll start with guys, from Big Bang, we chose Taeyang!" Shinyeong announced and everyone cheered. She introduced other groups. "Last but not least, Minho of SHINEE!" the crowd grew louder.

Minho and Krystal's 'break up' news had spreaded but no one tried talking about it.

"And the girls, we chose 4minute's maknae Sohyun!" Sinyeong continued and finally f(x) was up. "From f(x), we picked Krystal!" 

Krystal was shocked. Why did her members choose her? 

Minho was second last to perform. When it was his turn, he stood up bravely and the song started playing. He captured everyone's hearts. People were tearing up. 

Why is it that I always see you cry?                                                                                                                                                                             When I see you cry a part of me dies.                                                                                                                                                                             I want to hold you and comfort you,                                                                                                                                                                               but my heart is just afraid to.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

I'm sorry that I ever hurt you,                                                                                                                                                                                         it's not that I wanted to.                                                                                                                                                                                                        I wish i'm strong enough to face you,                                                                                                                                                                         but I don't dare to.

Krystal listened to the lyrics intently, was he talking about her?

Forgive me, for whatever I did.                                                                                                                                                                                     Because I love you too.

Minho ended the song. 

Krystal was next. She didn't plan to attract attention, she just wanted to let her feelings out through the song.

I love you, although you are not beside me at the moment,
Because you’re here, my world is filled with happiness,
Don’t ever forget, wherever you are,
Please remember my love,

I love you, I love you,
Because of you I'm like this, Because of you I cry these tears,
Although I may never see you again, I'll be alright,
Because I love you,

The familiar road we used to walk on every day,
Feels strange to me once again, even today,
Although so many things have changed while you were gone,
Only my love remains the same,

I love you, I love you,
Because of you I'm like this, Because of you I cry these tears,
Although I may never see you again, I'll be alright,
Because I love you,

I’m sorry, I’m sorry,
Because of me, you must’ve been tired; because of me, you must’ve hurt like a fool,
I think I know now, the person my heart wants,
It’s you,

I love you forever.

Minho held back his tears and so did Krystal. But Krystal failed to do so. She just let a few tears drip while Minho kept his head up not letting his tears fall. The crowd will make the decision of who will win. 

The idols got to take a break.

Krystal ran to the waiting room and let her tears out. The f(x) girls were there to comfort her.

SHINEE was banging on the bathroom door. Minho had locked himself in there. 2PM was there to help.

"Ya, Minho! Get out of there!" Onew called.

"Minho sshi, come on, don't lock yourself in there." since Nichkhun was close to Minho, he tried to get him out. After minutes of trying, Minho finally came out. His cheeks had tear stains. They were red. The guys never saw Minho like this. Minho washed his face and went out of the bathroom with the guys. 

After filming, f(x) was packing their things when Minho walked in.

"Noona, where's Krystal?" Minho asked.

"She left, a  while ago. Her mother came to fetch her." Victoria answered. Minho sighed. The time when he was finally ready to talk to her, she left. Minho thanked Victoria and left. 

Minho walked alone at the park, their park. The park was full of memories of him and Krystal. Sad ones and happy ones. The place where he started to like Krystal, the place where he first held her hand. Minho was looking at his feet while walking with thoughts going through his mind. 

Krystal asked her mother to drop her somewhere because she needed some time to herself. Somewhere where no one goes to. A place where she hates to love because it reminds her of Minho. Krystal walked with no plan where to go, she just walked wherever her legs would bring her. But then, she stopped walking. There he was, walking the opposite direction. He was walking towards her but her didn't see her, yet. Krystal just couldn't walk away. She wanted to but she just couldn't. It's as if her feet was glued to the ground.

Minho looked up and saw Krystal. This was his last and only chance to go up to her. Minho walked faster. Krystal turned around. She wanted to walk of but she was too late. A pair of arms was wrapped around her, causing her to not be able to move. Krystal heard sobbing. Something she didn't want to hear. 

"Let me go," Krystal tried get out of Minho's grip.

"No," Minho said. "i won't ever let you go." Minho turned her around to face him. "Listen, i'm sorry Soojung." he cried. "I'm sorry for whatever I did. If I hurt you or whatever, i'm sorry." "All I want you to know is the truth," he said with tears rolling down his cheeks. "I lied about why I didn't take money. I didn't want to because I wanted to date you, sincerely. I lied about not liking what we went through together. I loved every single moment of it. The same thing that happened to you, also happens to me. My hearts beats faster whenever you're near. My heart aches whenever you walk away." 

"You let me walk away," Krystal said. "you were the one who never chased after me." her tears drip. 

"I know, and i'm sorry. I was too scared." Minho explained. "I was too scared that I'll hurt you. I didn't know what to do." "And our kiss," Minho looked into her eyes. "it was unlike any kiss i've ever had. It was special because of you. I loved how it felt." he confessed. "That contract that you regret signing, I didn't regret signing it. If I didn't sign it," Minho paused and wipe her tears off letting his hands stay there. "I wouldn't have fallen in love with you. I love you, Krystal Jung." Minho let his lips meet her lips. Their kiss was full of pain and passion. They pulled away.

"Oppa," Krystal managed to say. "don't let me walk away again." Krystal sobbed. Minho shook his head.

"I would never," Minho hugged her tight not wanting to let her go. "sarangheyo, Soojung." 

"Sarangheyo, Minho oppa." 

-------------

One more chapter and i'm done.

The song Minho sang was my own creation. PLEASE DO NOT steal it from me. The song Krystal sang was the song she sang from the OST of Sign. Go youtube it if you haven't heard of it. It's a beautiful song. While writing/typing this chapter, I repeated that song over and over and over again for 43 times! I'm not kidding. I just love it. Please comment, I worked hard on this chapter(:

Thank you!