No Choice

Dating For Publicity

Krystal Jung. An idol. Not a stuck up, not arrogant but shy.

Choi Minho. Also an idol. A heartthrob. Friendly and charming.

Krystal and Minho are from the same company therefore, they should be close but, they aren't. Minho can't stand Krystal and Krystal can't stand him. They can never be in the same room for more than a minute. World War 3 would break out. Their group members have tried to make them get close ever since their trainee days but it never worked. It was hard for SHINee and f(x) to prepare a special stage together. Their members would just pray that one day a miracle will happen.

Krystal was practicing alone in the dance studio. Her members went had schedule so she was left alone. As she was dancing, she received a text message from her mother.

Soojung ah, i'm sorry I can't tell you earlier but something has happened so your dad and I have to go back to America for a very long time. We don't have money to leave behind so, you have to find a part time job or something for the time being. I love you.

Krystal stopped the music that was playing in the background. Her parents had left? What would happen to her? She thought of her sister but then, her sister was also in America and will be staying there for a while. Her pay was definitely not enough for her to survive till the year ends. What if her parents won't come home for a year? With her mind cramped up with thoughts, she sat down leaning her back against the mirror. 

"It's okay Krystal, breathe in, breathe out." she whispered to herself. Suddenly, the door opened.

"Ya, get up! I want to practice." Minho walked in and shouted.

"Can't you be quiet for at least one minute? I'm already have a headache, you don't have to make it worse." Krystal scolded and stood up. Minho's expression changed.

"Oh, i'm sorry." he said softly.

"Stop acting, jerk." Krystal rolled her eyes.

"You know me so well," Minho smirked. "have you been checking me out?" he showed her a cheeky smile.

"Me, check you out?" Krystal scoffed. "My eyes hurts even look at you for a millisecond."

"Oh, stop it princess. Admit it, you're in love with me." Minho gave her another annoying smile.

"Oh my god, I can't stand you!" Krystal groaned.

"Krystal sshi," f(x)'s manager oppa barged into the room. "Oh, Minho sshi, you're here too? Perfect. You two, follow me." her manager said.

While walking, Minho was flicking Krystal's arm trying to annoy her but she couldn't be bother after realizing that they were on their way to their President's room.

"Stop it," she yelled in a hushed tone. "look where we're heading." Krystal said and pointed to a door that says 'President's Room'. Minho looked at Krystal with wide eyes. Krystal's manager knocked on the door and opened it. 

"Anyounghasaeyo, president." Minho and Krystal bowed politely.

"You two are so polite to everyone but you just can't be polite to each other," SM said. "I just don't understand why." he continued. "Listen," Krystal and Minho listened to him intently. "Soojung, I heard about your parents." Minho became shocked. 

"What happened to your parents?" he asked her softly thinking that they have died or something.

"They left for America," she answered with a monotone voice. Minho felt somewhat relieved.

"You need money right?" SM asked.

"Yeah..." Krystal answered.

"I have an offer," SM said. 

"Really?" she said excitedly.

"You two come and sit here," SM invited and put two papers on his desk.

"What's this?" Krystal asked, confused.

"Well, in this job. You will be paid to date, have a fake yet realistic relationship." SM said.

"What?!" Krystal stood up from her seat. "Well, since I have too." she sat back down. "Who do I have to pretend with?" she asked. SM gave her a smile. "Oh no, I hate that smile, no, don't tell me..." she looked at Minho.

"Me?" Minho asked. SM nodded. "Why, wha..., why me?" he asked.

"You're very much free, your members aren't free and moreover, you look good together." SM chuckled. Minho and Krystal gagged. "Hey, i'm being honest!"

"But, we can't date! We will never date," Minho said.

"And why not, Minho sshi?" SM asked. 

"Well..." Minho looked at Krystal while thinking of the no dating rules.

"We have a dating contract, no dating for a few years!" Krystal said. Minho felt weird at that time, it was like she read his mind.

"Krystal, yours is finishing in a month, thanks to Victoria yang." SM said.

"Aigoo, unnie, i'm going to kill you!" Krystal groaned.

"But still, we can't date!" Minho said. Krystal agreed. She didn't want to date him. It would be a nightmare coming true.

"Listen, Krystal, if we let you work in a public place. What would reporters say?" SM asked. "They'd think that we're making a slave out of you." Krystal sighed. SM was right but of all guys, why Minho?

"Where do I sign?" she asked, defeated. SM smiled. 

"Here," SM showed her. Krystal signed her paper and gave it to SM. "Minho sshi, your turn." 

"But," Minho whined.

"When did I ask you for a favor? Come on, you're getting paid." SM encouraged. Minho took the paper and sign it and handed it to SM. "Good job, from today onwards, go out together often, act lovey dovey, like a real couple." SM smiled. "You're dismissed,"

Krystal felt awkward. She actually had to pretend to be dating the devil from hell. 

"How do we even act naturally in public?" Minho asked trying to make a decent conversation. Krystal walked faster to get away from him. "Ya, Soojung!" Minho grabbed her hand. "You better understand that i'm trying to help you for once, okay? So stop giving me this cold shoulder and appreciate what i'm doing!" Minho yelled. Krystal was shocked. He was really sincere about this thing when this whole thing actually shouldn't even affect him and his life. "It's just for publicity okay? It's not like the contract will last anyway. We have to break up eventually. When your parents come back, that is." Minho said.

"Fine," Krystal said. "thanks." she forced a smile.

"How are we going to do this, acting thing?" Minho asked.

"Let's just go with the flow," Krystal winked.

 

---

 

Please comment(: