Liking More Than They Should

Dating For Publicity

Minho felt bad for Krystal. In fact, he felt terrible. He never intended to hurt her. He was truly sorry. He has never seen Victoria noona and his f(x) dongsaengs that angry before. Minho was sitting in the recording room alone writing a song.

Krystal felt alone. Her members just left for night schedule but who she wanted there with her is not her members, it's Minho. "All my unnies have things to do, I don't. That's because i'm useless." Krystal sighed to herself. Krystal f(x)'s new song and danced to it, trying to make her dance look more perfect. Krystal felt tired and so, she left the dance room. As she was walking to the main door of the building. Minho shouted her name.

"Krystal," Minho shouted. "wait!" Krystal turned behind to see Minho chasing after her. Krystal turned back and continued walking. Minho ran and stopped Krystal from walking. "Ya,"

"What do you want?" Krystal spoke softly. Minho felt his heart sink. She had never seen this side of Krystal. She looked vulnerable. The Krystal who he always argues with, who never fails to smile when she's around her seniors is missing and it was all because of him. 

Minho brought Krystal to the park for a walk, he wanted to apologize. Their journey was a very quiet journey. All they could hear is the sound of nighttime, silence. 

"Krystal, I want to apologize for what i said earlier today." Minho looked at her. Krystal began to tear up.

"Well, I want to forgive you but when i think about it again, everything you said is true." Krystal kept her head straight and she let a tear fall. Minho grabbed her arm and they both stopped walking.

"No," he said. "I'm wrong. Don't listen to what I said, please..." Minho didn't want to lose the Krystal he knew because this Krystal is too boring and weak.

"Well then, thanks for apologizing." Krystal looked at Minho. "I appreciate you trying to make me feel better." she smiled at Minho. Minho wiped her tears away, taking the to look into her eyes and returned the smile. Minho breathed out a sigh of relief. "What's with that sigh?" she asked.

"I'm just glad you're back to the way you were," Minho grinned. Krystal laughed. "Why are you laughing?" Minho raised his eyebrows as they continued walking.

"I didn't know you were funny, when you don't intend to be." Krystal ended her laughter with a small giggle. Minho smiled. She has a really cute giggle, he thought to himself. "Oppa," Krystal looked at Minho. "thanks for doing this." How can I never notice he has such a charming smile? 

"No problem," Minho said. Minho intertwined his fingers with Krystal's. Krystal looked at him and look at their hands and gave him a questioning look. Minho leaned in to whisper in her ear. "We're in public, remember?" Krystal smiled widely. She was enjoying it secretly.

"Do you have schedule tomorrow?" Krystal asked. 

"Mmm, i'm free at 1pm, want to go out tomorrow?" Minho asked.

"Yup, i'll be at SM building about that time, I just have practice." Krystal said.

"Good, I do too. I have nothing to do but write songs for SHINEE's next album. We have solo songs." Minho smiled.

"Oh," Krystal nodded. "how's that song of yours coming?" she asked.

"Well, i'm still looking for an inspiration. I have three songs to write." Minho answered. "Let's go have lunch together tomorrow." Minho suggested.

"Can we have American food? I miss it." she did a pouty face. Minho chuckled. She looks so cute, no, she's not, she's beautiful. 

 

"Of course, Soojung." Minho looked at her. He studied her face, from her eyes, to her nose, to her kissable lips. He realized what he was doing and looked forward feeling embarassed. Krystal felt his eyes on her, her heart began beating faster. But as he looked away, she felt her heart beat slow down to it's usual speed. Why is she feeling that way? Krystal began to feel cold and she let go of Minho's hands to rub her arms to make herself feel warm. "Here, wear this." Minho offered her his jacket. "It's a cold night tonight." Minho wore for her his jacket and then took her hands and held it again. 

"Thanks," she whispered. 

"You've said thanks a lot of times today," Minho teased.

"I'm being polite, okay?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I was teasing you, don't get angry." Minho said, trying to calm her down. Krystal then smiled. Just then, Krystal's phone rang and she let go of Minho's hands, again, to answer it.

"Yeoboseyo?" she answered.

"Ya, maknae, where are you? It's getting late! Why aren't you home yet?" it was Victoria.

"Sorry unnie, I'm with Minho right now." Krystal told Victoria.

"What? You two are on good terms again?" Victoria asked.

"Yeah, unnie, can you pick us up? We're at the park." Krystal asked biting her lower lip.

"Sure, i'll be there in a while." Victoria hung up.

Victoria and Krystal gave Minho a ride home.

"Noona, thanks." Minho said. Minho got out of the car and so did Krystal.

"Bye, oppa." Krystal smiled.

"Bye, Soojung." he patted her head jokingly. Krystal got back in the car and waved at him as Victoria drove off. Minho waved back and then went up to his dorm after the car was out of sight. Minho went to his room right after arriving at his dorm. Minho couldn't wipe the smile off his face. 

"Ya, Minho." Key called.

"Hmmm?" Minho looked at Key.

"What's with that smile?" Key asked.

"What smile?" Minho pretended. Key gave up on asking him since he knew that Minho wouldn't tell.

 

As they reached home, Victoria noticed that Krystal didn't stop smiling and she was back to her old self. Victoria then noticed the jacket Krystal was wearing. Victoria knew it wasn't hers, it was too big and Victoria knows that Krystal doesn't own a jacket like that. Krystal walked into the room to change her clothings. Victoria and Sulli, whom she shared a room with, had gone to sleep. Krystal walked to her bed and laid her head down. He was different today, we were different. Why am I beginning to like him being with me? Krystal, you can't stand him remember? But, he's very kind. A side of him i never got to know. He's quite handsome too. His eyes, eyes that can make you stare deep into it and get lost in it. Krystal Jung Soojung, stop it! Soon, she drifted off to sleep.

After showering, Minho laid on his bed. Why am I thinking about you? You used to be the person I didn't want to see most so, why can't I wait to see you again? Why can't I stop thinking about you? Your laugh, your smile, your lips. Is it possible that i'm starting to like you more than should? No, Minho, you can't and you don't like her, okay?

Minho picked up his phone to call SM.